Menu
Expat.com

Permanent family visa

Last activity 21 October 2024 by Haque Haque

theodore279

Hey guys

Good morning.

I'm an engineer by profession. I want to bring my wife on permanent family visa to kingdom. Since last week I'm trying to apply through absher, but i'm not able to do. Every-time i give "Apply new visa", i get a message "Your sponsor is not added for family visa application. Please visit istiqdam for more info." I enquired about this with my HR Dept. but they are also not much aware of this. I have even paid visa fee SR.2000 to my absher account - Labor importation.

I read a comment that Sponsors C.R & Chamber of commerce has to be updated in istiqdam/jawazat office. When i asked about this to company, they are saying that they have already renewed & updated, But still i'm not able to apply.

Kindly advise. I'm going for vacation next week before which i want to apply for her visa.

Appreciate if you could get me timely advise & support.

nobleman

i am an engineer by profession as well and although i wasn't getting this error, I still had to do it manually.

if you have no time to waste, you can go apply manually to the nearest istiqdam office in your area.

taigo87

I got the yellow slip applying at istiqdam office .. by Asher was showing some error as well.

yashharf

Assalam Alaikum Bhai,

I am already registered under Saudi Council of Engineers. Do I need to have Saudi Embassy attestation on my certificate? or Istiqdam letter from saudi engineers council is enough?

faizzy123

Any information how long it may take for issuing Indian family visa permanent

khurram khan60

salam what benifit of gosi for family in ksa other wise in contract i am single but absher in married . can i take benefit for family.no need marital status married

syed zeeshan83
@theodore279

hi

iam facing the similar issue, could you please advice how did you got the visa
norhanahajal
Assalaamu Alaykum, do you have any idea if by any chance that a family Driver can get a family visa? Thanks. Coz our daughter is born here in Saudi but she wan under my iqaama before. Now I am in a private company which my contract is only single and not allowed to take my daughter as a family visa. Can my husband take my daughter as he is a family Driver status. Thanks
Arsal7
Assalaamu Alaykum, do you have any idea if by any chance that a family Driver can get a family visa? Thanks. Coz our daughter is born here in Saudi but she wan under my iqaama before. Now I am in a private company which my contract is only single and not allowed to take my daughter as a family visa. Can my husband take my daughter as he is a family Driver status. Thanks
- @norhanahajal

The simple answer is: No.

A house driver is not illegible to have family status at all.
theodore279
Hi @syed zeeshan83

It worked for me after few days. I don't exactly remember how, but i was able to apply visa online.
Guest8493
@syed zeeshan83

Hi

Dear , I am also receiving  the same error message, Do you have any information about it...?
My company HR also informed me, They already renewed all company GOVT. accounts and also they don't have any idea about this error message.
saqayyum2000
@Jasarpktr
this error comes if you are not registered to  Saudi Engineering council or your membership is temporary,
Solution is first check if you profession is eligible for family permanent visa or not and in your GOSI records your salary is minimum 3500 riyal, if not you can apply for Visit visa.
if you are eligible by all means and still getting this error then only online process have issue you can go to jawazat after filling visa request form with chamber of commerce and letter form your sponsor , you will get visa inshaAllah hand to hand if all your documents are available with you with photo copies and arabic translation by authorized translators only which must be stamped by notary and saudi consulate of your country. Same documents will be required in your country to stamp visa on passports.
Siif

Hi,

I am also getting below error while apply family visa through Absher. I have valid Saudi engineering membership and fees is already paid.

"Your Sponsor is not added for family visa application. Please visit Istiqdam for more Info."

jibran.q92

@Siif You can visit the following link to process permanent visa for your family.

The direct visa processing via absher is limited to certain professions, not really sure if you are in the list of professions.

jibran.q92

@syed zeeshan83

jibran.q92

@Siif Apply for permanent family visa through Istiqdam

The second way to apply for a permanent family visa in Saudi Arabia applicable in 2021 is through the Istiqdam.

First of all, you need to book an Istiqdam appointment in the same city whose chamber of commerce has attested your documents.

Required Documents

The following documents are required to be submitted to the Istiqdam to apply for a permanent family visa in KSA as per the latest update in 2021.

Istiqdam Form for a permanent family visa with the company seal & authorized signature.

Iqama Copy.

A copy of the Saudi visa stamped on your passport.

Passport copy of all visa applicants.

Attested Degree certificate from Saudi Embassy and MOFA matching your iqama profession + Arabic translation.

Attested Marriage Certificate from Saudi Embassy and MOFA + Arabic translation.

Birth Certificate of children attested from Saudi Embassy and MOFA + Arabic translation.

Salary Certificate (sample). The letter needs to be stamped by the Chamber of Commerce.

GOSI Certificate mentioning your salary in GOSI return.

Professional certification for doctors, engineers, technicians, accountants, and auditors.

Commercial Registration certificate of company you are working in.

jibran.q92

Visit the Istiqdam

Arrange all the required documents to apply for a permanent family visa in KSA in a file and visit the Istiqdam office at the time of the appointment.

If you are living in Jeddah, you need to go to Istiqdam Jawazat Office situated in Rehab District.

Yellow Slip

After around 30 minutes, you will be called again at the window and if everything goes fine, you are given a yellow slip.

Make sure that the names on the Yellow Slip are correct.

If any information in the yellow slip is not correct, you can go back to Istiqdam within 3 working days to make any changes.

The validity of the Yellow Slip or the permanent family visa issued by the Istiqdam is 1 Hijri Year i.e. 354 or 355 days from the date it is issued. It means that now you need to process the visa in your country within 1 Hijri year.

Post Application Process

Once the vis starts appearing on the EnjazIT platform, it is good to go for the stamping. Your family can hire an agent to do the job. There is no need to check the permanent family visa on the MOFA website.

In some countries such as Pakistan, the Saudi government has authorized Etimad to do the job. Recommended: How to stamp a permanent family visa from Etimad Center?

If a baby is born after the permanent family visa is issued from Saudi Arabia, there is no need to modify it. Just submit the newborn baby documents to your agent along with the mother’s passport, the Saudi Embassy will stamp it.

Siif

Dear Jibran,

Thanks for your detailed reply. My profession is "Computer Engineer". I think It is not in the approved list. I have all the document and booked the Istiqdam Office appointment for visa.

jibran.q92

@Siif best of luck

Fatemaisfa

Hi all

My husband is working  as a senior cardiac perfusionist (allied health) earning around 14000 in a reputed hospital in ksa past 8 months on single status contract,  at the time of signing contract the company  said that he can bring his family on residence visa on his own expense and the hospital will provide only the medical insurance to the family members, but now when he is trying to bring us to the kingdom,  his HR team is completely  denying his chance to bring  the family to the kingdom saying that they are not letting anyone to bring their family from past 2 years, but there are people who got the company's consent to bring their family last year who are on single  status and on lower grades than  my husband.

Please guide us on this

Sandi Chatterjee

@saqayyum2000

Do we need to fill the form in Arabic only, or English will work.

Do the Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate required MOFA attestation from KSA or only Translation from some legal Translator will work?

vg140289

@Sandi Chatterjee I did the istiqdam process yesterday and got the yellow slip.

Fill in Arabic only. Ask for some help from a local guy.

Arabic translation is required for marriage certificates, birth certificates,s and degrees. I had MOFA attestation on the originals but they did not ask for it. It is not mentioned anywhere on the website. But you must do it if they ask because they have all the right to ask.

My suggestion would be to do the MOFA attestation for originals. It's only 5 min job in Riyadh once you reach the office and enter. The document may be helpful in some other process if not this one. Appointments are also available easily. The cost is SAR 30 per document.

Sandi Chatterjee

@Vinay Gadiya Thank you sir.

dukemech1

@theodore279

Update your Iqama Number in SCE (Society of engineering), check if its currently on border number.

You check it in your SCE Profile > update profile info > if "identity NO" if its showing border number here then.

You can Update from the following section.

"Update to new iqama number or border number or update to engineering profession or non-engineering profession@

https://eservices.saudieng.sa/en/accred … ofile.aspx

Mufeed K M

Hello,

I am a Mechanical Engineer by profession but my iqama is of Mechanical Technician .I got registered in SCE as Mechanical Engineering Technologist. Which of the below professions should I need to change my Iqama profession in order to accept in Istiqdam for Family visa;

1-Mechanical Engineer

2-Mechanical Engineering Technologist.

Please advise

Thanks

iambahru

Assalamu alaikum ,

Applied family permanent visa in absher as I profession is mechanical engineer and got visa number in platform. I made mistake that name of applicant visa is not matching with passport name ( surname not added) , travels noticed this issue and told to cancel it .

Is there any option to edit names in visa, or should I cancel this visa ?

If I need to cancel family permanent visa , what is the procedure ?

iambahru

Assalamu alaikum ,

Good evening admin ,

Applied family permanent visa in absher as I profession is mechanical engineer and got visa number in platform. I made mistake that name of visa names are not matching with passport name ( given name only added and surname not added) , travels noticed this issue and told to cancel it . ( 2 weeks after issued visa number )

Is there any option to edit names in visa, or should I cancel this visa ?

If I need to cancel family permanent visa , what is the procedure ?

Shahzad Zaman11

Hi I am applying for my Family Residence Visa for KSA,.. I have all my Documents,..Already attested by My country's(PAKISTAN's) MOFA, and KSA embassy. also then I got it translated from an authorised licensed Translator as well,.. I want to know whether I would need to further get all myu above documents attested by MOFA in KSA too?? or not required by  the Istiqdaam Office??

gcbriyadh

Hi All, I have a situation now, i got yellow slip successfully from istaqdam office and sent to my home country to my family as well. Problem now is my wife's passport is damaged (this passport copy was given to istaqdam office during yellow slip), now i need to take new passport as it is damaged, should i update this istaqdam or not required ? as in the yellow slip, only names are there and no passport details of both my wife and kid. Can someone help me if anyone gone through this situation. Should i cancel existing yellow slip and take new one or just go to istaqdam and update (my family passport details , in my case only wife passport is damaged), or it is not required anything to update about new passport as there is no details about passport number in yellow slip ?

M.ahsan03

@gcbriyadh

I am in the same situation can you guide me

Satish Mishra

@taigo87

Is you have NOC letter format pls

LuisCavalho

@theodore279

It usually means your company's records with Istiqdam or Jawazat aren't fully updated, even if HR thinks they are. Double-check with HR about the Chamber of Commerce attestation and Sponsor’s CR update. Visiting the Istiqdam office in person helped me clear things up quickly.

mohdalibaba2008

As for family permanent visas, I have already apostilled my degree, marriage certificate and birth certificate for my children. Should I do MOFA from Riyadh before submitting my documents to the Istiqdam office, and if yes, how long should the MOFA process take?

Aayedh Lodhi

@gcbriyadh

Have you found the solution, please let me know I have the same situation - Please contact me

onlyishaq

Dear All,

i bring my family on permanent visa three month back but somehow i lost my job and my current employer is not making medical insurance for me and my family. i tried outside but they told me that your company have one insurance policy and you cannot make another insurance policy and the company should include you in their current insurance policy.

i want to send my family final exit but still didnt make their Iqama's due to health insurance and not appearing on my absher.

any solution dears as my family stuck and want to continue my kids education in their home country.

Thank you

Haque Haque

@iambahru

Hi,

I applied for my family's permanent visa through Absher and have submitted the printout to HR. However, my company is currently facing difficulties with the Chamber of Commerce (CoC) authentication. Could you please advise me on how this process is carried out, is that the above attached is same as yours? Additionally, how many days after the CoC is completed will the visa number appear on the Absher platform?.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles