Menu
Expat.com

Looking for a place to buy a land but where ??

Last activity 23 June 2020 by LuxuryEstateCairoEgypt

OsieAcevedo

Everyone has added a great piece of advice to that question.

In my opinion buying land is quite easy, if you have the money to invest. You don't need to be a citizen or resident to be owner of a piece of land anywhere in the world however there are legal steps to be taken and those may vary from country to country.

There are many ways to invest in land whether you set up an organization, an industry, a business or a partnership in the area you have chosen.  In my family we have taken the time to study real estate markets worldwide and some great opportunities are out there, however they all came with a certain level of risk.

My advice is to start with countries and areas that have land ownership registries well established. Don't buy land that holds possession rights though those end up being conflictive in more than one way.

Study the culture and customs of the area because after all, owners form great communities and it will require participation to grow. It is best if your plan of investing in an area have a benefit and value added to those around you.

Study the laws of the country and area very well and learn about land grants, these may help you develop your own property and allow you to become an active member of the neighbouring communities. Believe it or not, most land owners ( I would estimate around an 80% ) have no idea that their land may be eligible for developing grants. Remember, with the government, if you don't apply and ask, you don't get anything. Thus, many grants go unused and funds are misused.

My other important advice is to have a local professional team behind you, that is... get a good local lawyer that specializes in the local real estate laws, get a good local accountant that can help you maintain your investment up to date. Respect the taxes and fees that the law requires. Keep your documentation up to date as the National and Municipal governments change. Land Registries need to be updated at least every 10 years and they need to be notarized and added to your legal ownership documents. Again, the laws and regulations are very different from country to country.

Owning land becomes a great responsibility and it comes with awesome rewards.

Cheers.

manugaw

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : Please note that you may contribute to this thread, but kindly refrain from self-promotion.
rareshine
manugaw wrote:

Hi,

I am from Mauritius, ***

I'm interested in finding out more about Mauritius and how it works for foreigners. DO NOT MESSAGE ME. share the information on the forum so that everyone can benefit. also post recent estates you are currently trying to sell or rent so we can get an idea how much it all costs.

Villa Mauritius

For non-citizen u can buy property under the IRS SCHEME.

Pamela Gare

What location are you interested in?

Music1982

In Riyadh City

EliDevo

Check out the Golden Visa Greece program at:

Moderated by Loïc 4 years ago
Reason : commercial site removed, please consult the document issued by the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs
vipin shiva

hai. According to your above message, i think non resident could not buy property here

EliDevo

Here where?

LuxuryEstateCairoEgypt

When Thinking To Buy An Investment (Land Or Other) Abroad:

It's Not Only About Country's Financial & Political Stability,

It's Also Not Only About Forigners Ownership Limitations,

You Must In Addition Consider Other Factors Like:

-Would It Be Profitable? How Much Time It'd Get To Cover The Expenses & Gain Profit?

Because It May Be In A Very Hot Spot But It's Not Recently Rental-Friendly (If You For Example Wish To Rent It).

-Another Factor You Should Consider: Is The Location Safe (Specially For Land)?

Is The Brandname Or Location Solid Enough & If So Would It Easly Get Tenants (Specially For Adminstrative Spaces)?

& What Is The Evidence?

-What's Your Prefered Delivery Date?

-Can You Be More Flexible About A Wished Delivery Date If Got A Much Profitable Offer(s)?

-What's Your Budget In USD, EURO, GBP Or CHF (Considering The Travel, Lawyer, Brokerage & Maintainence Fees)?

Also Considering Renting A Residence After Travelling (It May Be A Home Or Hotel Depending On How Much Time You Would Spend)

-After Some Years: To Be Close Or Somewhat Close To Your Investment (Land Or Other) Would You Own Or Rent A Residential Property Close To Your Excellency's Investment (That Would Be Really Considered Huge/Never Thought About Additional Expense)?

Or Would You Live Most Or All Time Abroad & Get A Wire Bank Transfer With Profits (This Choice In My Opinion Isn't Recommended For Properties That'd Contain Your Own Project But The Same Choice'd Be Solid If You Bought Property/Land Or Other To Rent It For Other Investor(s))

Because Projects Should Be Operated (Or At Least Ocassionally Supervised) Via Their Own Owners

Even If You Were A UHNWI I Always Advice You Should Ocassionally Supervise Your Own Project(s) & To Always Attend Via A Somehow Method

-Would This Budget Prefered To Be On Deposits Or Just Cash With Discount?

Articles to help you in your expat project

All guide articles