Menu
Expat.com

Visit visa converted into permanent Visa

Last activity 15 July 2023 by aasmalik8

Kudajk87y43

Can visit visa be converted into permanent Visa for ksa?

RedTrumpet

Yes, this is possible, but your Company must write a letter directed to MOI, however, such request has to be approved by the Ministry of Interior. I guess the procedure is little bit complicated.  smile.png

Read this link on how convert family visit visa to permanent family visa.

Kudajk87y43

Okk but does the family need to exit kingdom for process?

RedTrumpet

Obviously, you are defeating the purpose if your family is on exit visit visa. Process the documentation to convert visit visa to permanent visa while your family are in-kingdom.

civilengg

is it possible to convert visit visa to family visa?
I think not possible  check in MOI web FAQ

https://www.moi.gov.sa/wps/portal/Home/ … sv0gm4fQ!/

XTang

Not possible as per normal process.  You need to have very high level connections in MOI to be able to do it.

Jawazat clarified this a few days ago as well over their twitter account in response to a similar question.

redstep

It was possible on my case as I was able to recently acquire an Iqama for my child, who arrived in the Kingdom on a visit visa. I am sharing this for those who has their kids on visit visas and are worried about traveling out of the Kingdom.

Abdillahihaji

Hi there,
Can you please tell me the process. Do i need to seek the assistance of my passport office's head director? I just brought my family under the visit visa.

redstep

I assume that your problem is solved if the passport office's director is willing to help you.

In my case I had to seek the assistance of one of the visa offices outside the passport office in King Fahd Road. It took about 2-3 months for them to get the Iqama, which was quite stressful.

myrnellmallare

What did you do to get a permanent visa for your child?  I have a 2 yr old daughter on visit visa and I don’t want her to travel back to the Philippines due to covid. I hope you could help me. Thank you.

redstep

Hello. I engaged the services of one of the visa offices just outside the Istiqdam office in Riyadh. They were able to cancel the visit visa and apply for an Iqama for my child.

myrnellmallare

What were the documents that you gave them?
How much did you pay them?
Thank you for your response. 😊

Mirzau

Hi u have any update

nuraana91

@redstep. Could you please provide further information like the location of the office you went to?
Thank you

Abdillahihaji

I meant our onsite passport office which doesn't have that much power regarding this process. However, they told me that we can try and submit all the documents to the ministry and just wait for about three months. I'm still waiting.

nuraana91

And through istiqdam? Could converting a visit visa to iqama be possible this way?

nuraana91

I would like to convert a visit visa to iqama. Can you provide me the location of the offices you visited please

ikram1979

Is it possible to convert visit VISA to residency VISA for my wife and son. If so, what is the procedure ? Pease suport.

Abdul Matheen20

Bro can you gimme your WhatsApp number or text me on ***. I also need to do the same. Need your guidance.

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
Roshan Zaaher

No need these days
Just visit jawazat
Give all documents
Your ppt copy
Your wife ppt copy
Take both original
Birth certificate .if outside attest
Your marriage certificate attested by mofa
And if daughter need unmarried affidavit from consulate attested by consulate and mofa
Pay 2000 sar iqama fees
And family levy
And a photograph of candidate
That's it

Roshan Zaaher

Possible , we have done it

Roshan Zaaher

Yes me too for my daughter
Boys less than 18 years only

kashifm

As you were able to get your child iqama. wanted to ask u how much u paid.
Please let me know the process of payment coz if they approve my child visa to be converted i will have to deposit the neccessary fees and other charges.
please reply

kashifm
Roshan Zaaher wrote:

No need these days
Just visit jawazat
Give all documents
Your ppt copy
Your wife ppt copy
Take both original
Birth certificate .if outside attest
Your marriage certificate attested by mofa
And if daughter need unmarried affidavit from consulate attested by consulate and mofa
Pay 2000 sar iqama fees
And family levy
And a photograph of candidate
That's it

hi,
i also went to convert my child visit visa into iqama. they saw my papers and have called me on monday.
i want to know. what was the fees you paid and where should we submit the 2000 sr fees - under which category. in government payments than what to select.
Please let me know the process of payment coz if they approve my child visa to be converted i will have to deposit the neccessary fees and other charges.
please reply
regards

kashifm
redstep wrote:

Hello. I engaged the services of one of the visa offices just outside the Istiqdam office in Riyadh. They were able to cancel the visit visa and apply for an Iqama for my child.

hi there,
i also went to convert my child visit visa into iqama. they saw my papers and have called me on monday.
i want to know. what was the fees you paid and where should we submit the fees - under which category. in government payments than what to select.
please reply
regards

GuestPoster496

Can you please advise the process/procedures?

mgwra

Is it possible for male above 18 yrs old? I’m finding a way to convert my visit visa to iqama to apply for a job. I am already accepted but the visa is the problem

Abdillahihaji

Assuming both parents have iqama, yes it can be done. But ppl in here are talking about converting visit visa of wife and children to a permanent iqama. I have done it but my employer went to the ministry and finished all. So i believe your employer must be doing almost 100% of the work

mgwra

Yes, both my parents have iqama and I need a working visa. We are considering converting my visit visa to family visa, but is it possible if I’m above 18 yrs old?

Allain Isidro

A big not possible !!!

shakira faizal

hi , currently im in  family visit visa .. can  we convert  mine  and my  son's  visit visa to family visa .. is it possible .. if its yes .. should i leave ksa  to get it done . thanks in advance..

linkylm

Hi
Please advise you able to convert your family visit visa to Residence visa/Iqama.

Thanks.

tvvrajesh

@redstep Can you please guide me i need to convert my child Visit to Iqama? Please contact me on Whatsapp***

Moderated by Cheryl 2 years ago
Reason : For security reasons, do not post your contact details on the forum.
XTang
Don't post contact details on the forum and don't make multiple posts.  Most members that you are addressing have not been active on the forum for a long time. 
SHAYMA ABD

@RedTrumpet

Hello

I enter saudi by visiting visa sent by my husband...so he can change it to Permanent visa?

Shaheer Hassan

@SHAYMA ABD I need the answer for the same question. My wife is on Visit visa. I want to convert it into Iqama

ahmedreihim

You should apply by letter and maybe physically for that and get an allowance from MOI. Then from ABSHER you can provide the allowance number and your information as per attached_CXMnEOUJByL

ahmedreihim

ZTvuUNqIp13k

Yaminm

@Abdillahihaji hi

Its about 2 months our employer is trying and still it in process.

Can u share how much time it takes for the same.

Yaminm

@RedTrumpet hi can you share your number.our company has already written letter to moi but waiting since 3 months.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Riyadh

• Iqama visa in Saudi Arabia
    Iqama visa in Saudi Arabia

To become a resident in Saudi Arabia, you will need to apply for a residence permit, also known as the Iqama. The ...

• Visas in Saudi Arabia
    Visas in Saudi Arabia

Until September 2019, Saudi Arabia was officially a closed country. Tourists were allowed to visit it only ...

• Study in Riyadh
    Study in Riyadh

Saudi Arabia may not be one of the most well-known educational destinations. In fact, a lot of Saudi nationals do ...

• Working in Riyadh
    Working in Riyadh

As the capital city of Saudi Arabia, Riyadh is one of the biggest urban communities in the country and is home to ...

• Buying property in Riyadh
    Buying property in Riyadh

Even though Saudi Arabia has experienced significant changes in the past years, the local real estate market ...

• Compounds in Riyadh
    Compounds in Riyadh

Here is a listing of many (not all) of the compounds in Riyadh along with contact information.

• Things to do in Riyadh alone or with your crowd
    Things to do in Riyadh alone or with your crowd

Riyadh is one of the biggest and most beautiful cities in Saudi Arabia, with quite a bit to offer to expats in ...

• Getting a driver's license in Riyadh
    Getting a driver's license in Riyadh

As mentioned earlier, the purpose of writing the article is to inform expats who arrive in Saudi Arabia, ...

All of Riyadh's guide articles