Hepatitis B infection

Hi Tiger,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I know they also check this in Oman as one of my friend was deported and banned for 6 months while processing his employment visa. This was couple of years back. Saudi definitely are more strict on this.

Regards,

ArabianTiger wrote:

Hi All,
I've read every page of this forum and wished I read it just a bit earlier, perhaps it would have helped my situation. Allow me to share with you as my case is a little different.

I have been living and working in Dubai and Abu Dhabi for more than 4 years. My most recent residency visa was done in a free zone (still not sure if that matters) in May 2008. I am an engineer with a british passport.

With the nature of my work, I move projects within UAE often. My most recent client is in Abu Dhabi and has requested that we all (non AD residents) convert our visa's to AD to remain working on their project. So my company proceeded to cancel my Dubai visa and apply for Abu Dhabi visa.

Within a few days, I was told, by my surprise, that I am HBsAg positive and company has asked for me to leave so they can cancel the visa and not make too much trouble with the authorities. I am able to return with a visit visa no problem (a back-wards law in my opinion).  I am now in my home country, getting to the root of this new found virus and am not dangerous to anyone, its inactive (like most people on this forum).

I have recently asked my HR if my previous Dubai was attached to the new application, so that would have helped my case I believe. Otherwise they are looking at it as a new applicant. I have also found a doctor who can talk to me upon my return and remain my confidentiality (because I will be a visitor, non resident). Its not wise to leave a track record under your name with this virus. Additionally, I don't think it would be wise to write a petition to MOH, as they are trying to rid of this disease from the country yes? What we need to show is that the business and our employers are suffering from lack of good employees with the recent new law. My HR told me they have been suffering losing a lot of good people to it, and hope the law will change soon. Having various doctors reports also will help in our case.

I noticed there are a few people interested in working in other places around the Gulf (as I am also) such as Oman. And I haven't seen any confirmation of visa requirements for there. Does anyone know?

My dreams and goals have also been suddenly shattered as I was sent home feeling like a sluggish virus person. Its embarrassing and unnecessary. The doctors in my home country are all puzzled with this treatment. More than 1/3 of the world's population are affected, but its not life threatening as long as you take care of yourself. I hate the judgement in people's eyes when they find out. Its awful.

My HR spoke to the health ministry and they have told them this law is meant to be amended within 30 days from last week. I'm not sure how true that is, but am hoping.
I am also making appointments with my embassy to see if they can guide me. I will keep all of you informed on my progress.

Thanks,
Tiger

cassey wrote:

hi, betsy!  as i mentioned on my previous post, if your visa is from jafza, you only have to choose between al satwa clinic or al mohaisna medical fitness center as per the memorandum issued by jafza but if you apply for vip, the medical examination should be done in al safa clinic.. this rule took effect last year.  i am sure about this as i am acting as PRO of our company.

i am not aware of dubai medical test.. i can share only for jafza since i am jafza visa holder.

hello cassey you said that you are acting as PRO of ur company
maybe you can ask information to satwa hospital if they are testing hepa b for renewal or for new visa only?

Cheeko, what profession and nationality was your friend? I read in several areas that it may be profession dependent.

He is in IT profession and he was from Pakistan.

Regards,

ArabianTiger wrote:

Cheeko, what profession and nationality was your friend? I read in several areas that it may be profession dependent.

Hi Tiger,

How true is that when you said your HR heard from the ministry that they are going to change the law soon?

What did your embassy say about guiding you? And how would your company act on this law? Did they promise you anything?

cheekoo wrote:

Hi Tiger,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I know they also check this in Oman as one of my friend was deported and banned for 6 months while processing his employment visa. This was couple of years back. Saudi definitely are more strict on this.

Regards,

ArabianTiger wrote:

Hi All,
I've read every page of this forum and wished I read it just a bit earlier, perhaps it would have helped my situation. Allow me to share with you as my case is a little different.

I have been living and working in Dubai and Abu Dhabi for more than 4 years. My most recent residency visa was done in a free zone (still not sure if that matters) in May 2008. I am an engineer with a british passport.

With the nature of my work, I move projects within UAE often. My most recent client is in Abu Dhabi and has requested that we all (non AD residents) convert our visa's to AD to remain working on their project. So my company proceeded to cancel my Dubai visa and apply for Abu Dhabi visa.

Within a few days, I was told, by my surprise, that I am HBsAg positive and company has asked for me to leave so they can cancel the visa and not make too much trouble with the authorities. I am able to return with a visit visa no problem (a back-wards law in my opinion).  I am now in my home country, getting to the root of this new found virus and am not dangerous to anyone, its inactive (like most people on this forum).

I have recently asked my HR if my previous Dubai was attached to the new application, so that would have helped my case I believe. Otherwise they are looking at it as a new applicant. I have also found a doctor who can talk to me upon my return and remain my confidentiality (because I will be a visitor, non resident). Its not wise to leave a track record under your name with this virus. Additionally, I don't think it would be wise to write a petition to MOH, as they are trying to rid of this disease from the country yes? What we need to show is that the business and our employers are suffering from lack of good employees with the recent new law. My HR told me they have been suffering losing a lot of good people to it, and hope the law will change soon. Having various doctors reports also will help in our case.

I noticed there are a few people interested in working in other places around the Gulf (as I am also) such as Oman. And I haven't seen any confirmation of visa requirements for there. Does anyone know?

My dreams and goals have also been suddenly shattered as I was sent home feeling like a sluggish virus person. Its embarrassing and unnecessary. The doctors in my home country are all puzzled with this treatment. More than 1/3 of the world's population are affected, but its not life threatening as long as you take care of yourself. I hate the judgement in people's eyes when they find out. Its awful.

My HR spoke to the health ministry and they have told them this law is meant to be amended within 30 days from last week. I'm not sure how true that is, but am hoping.
I am also making appointments with my embassy to see if they can guide me. I will keep all of you informed on my progress.

Thanks,
Tiger

My HR said they are following up with MOH on my behalf, but what I said is what they said.

As for the embassy, I haven't met them yet, its hard to get an appointment.

Hi Tiger,
Are you sure that a visit visa would not be a problem ? Is there a ban period post cancellation of the visa?

ArabianTiger wrote:

My HR said they are following up with MOH on my behalf, but what I said is what they said.

As for the embassy, I haven't met them yet, its hard to get an appointment.

Hi Every body,

I strongly advise against writing to the ministry of health using the emails shared between members of this forum. It will only have an adverse result.

The rules about HBV testing were first announced in May 2008 and were supposed to be applied  on a trial basis in some areas of UAE. In August 2008 it became mandatory requirement though out UAE for any New Visa regardless of nationality and profession.

Some of you managed to get residence visa between the period August 2008 to mid 2009, that was simply because the testing kits were not yet available in all testing clinics. Now it is conducted through out UAE.

There is a tendency in the ministry of health to change this rule. After all it was applied on a trial basis and now after two years of implementation, the ministry of health has gathered enough information to use as a basis to amend the rule.

The first hint about changing this rule came out on January 29th, 2010 in an article from Al-Bayan Arabic Newspaper (see link below). According to this article, changes are expected around end March/April time line. I'm very optimistic it will be amended by summer 2010.

Just be patient. Your situation cannot be worse than mine. I lived in UAE for 35 years, in 2008 my career took me overseas and now I cannot go back to UAE which is practically home. But there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

http://www.albayan.ae/servlet/Satellite … FullDetail

perdanasiswa,

This is very encouraging news. Guys hang in there.

perdanasiswa wrote:

Hi Every body,

I strongly advise against writing to the ministry of health using the emails shared between members of this forum. It will only have an adverse result.

The rules about HBV testing were first announced in May 2008 and were supposed to be applied  on a trial basis in some areas of UAE. In August 2008 it became mandatory requirement though out UAE for any New Visa regardless of nationality and profession.

Some of you managed to get residence visa between the period August 2008 to mid 2009, that was simply because the testing kits were not yet available in all testing clinics. Now it is conducted through out UAE.

There is a tendency in the ministry of health to change this rule. After all it was applied on a trial basis and now after two years of implementation, the ministry of health has gathered enough information to use as a basis to amend the rule.

The first hint about changing this rule came out on January 29th, 2010 in an article from Al-Bayan Arabic Newspaper (see link below). According to this article, changes are expected around end March/April time line. I'm very optimistic it will be amended by summer 2010.

Just be patient. Your situation cannot be worse than mine. I lived in UAE for 35 years, in 2008 my career took me overseas and now I cannot go back to UAE which is practically home. But there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

Hi, Ayeesha granted a residense visa, its a  new applicantion and she applied under HUsband sponsorship.

Idel wrote:

I agree with you Sias.  If we will assume that the link and interpretation is correct, all of our friends who applied for New Visa since April 2009 should have passed the exam, whether if be non-food related jobs or simply housewives.

We need to clarify this thing so that others may no be misled and will not take the risk.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS NO ONE HERE IN THIS FORUM WHO APPLIED FOR NEW VISA WAS ABLE TO SECURE FIT CERTIFICATE.

AS OF THIS DATE, ALL NEW VISA FOUND WITH HBV ARE DEPORTED. 

SO FAR, NO PROBLEM WITH THE RENEWALS.

Ayeesha granted a visa though its a new application. she is now on husband visa.

Idel wrote:

Bunty,

I'm pretty sure you did not read the whole forum. These are the facts that I have the knowledge when I read from page 1:

1.  A least 15 expats on this forum were given UNFIT because of Hepa;
2.  Out of this 15 expats, 9 of them were deported, and 3 of them were BANNED.  Some of them requested to cancel their visa application to avoid being Banned;
3.  The profession of those 15 persons are not related to Food handling like Accountant, Sales, Finance, IT, Engineer and some are housewives.

And I repeat, as of this date NO ONE PASS THE EXAM FOR NEW VISA APPLICATION and ALL VISA RENEWALS PASSED THE EXAM EXCEPT FOR 2 EXPATS WHO ARE ENGAGED IN FOOD-RELATED JOB.

I do hope this will clear the case.

Hi, I am just curious because there is a new rule about medical result that will automatically submitted to MOH. You are lucky u had direct in contact with the doctor.

harri5on193 wrote:

betsybub127,

1. I make medical test all by myself, just take two copy of your visa & passport and your original passport, 3 photos, pay the money and making typing, very easy.
2. Since I did the test by myself, I collected the report as well. PRO didn't involve to this.
3. I think he is a officer from MOH or Baraha Hospitol, not a doctor. If your HBsAg is positive, I'm sure you will see him in Room 8. He is the one to tell you: sorry, you have Hepa...

Hi Luvbugs,

I saw my test result was put in a file box, and the copy was put in another box.I guess they would forward to MOH after they give you the result paper by hand.

Anyway, the system is not as fast as we thought.

Please help!
I got an offer from KSA-Riyadh as Cost Controller (office work). Unfortunately, upon learning my medical results I am a hepa b carrier. I immediately asked our gastrologist and required me to have my hepa profile..since I have tested reactive for my Anti-HBe he gave me a certification that I am fit for employment because my antibodies has a good immune response to the hepab virus . My question is..will this certification enough to the embassy to issue visa for my employment? or do I need to inform the employer about this results or I just need to talk to my agency? Please help me I'm getting confuse...I'm still working in my previous job here in Phili...

Hi Perdanasiswa thanks for sharing useful information.

Dated 29/01/2010
Health considers the cancellation of examination of hepatitis «B» as a condition for the establishment

(AlBayan) The Ministry of Health is considering the possibility of cancellation of examination of hepatitis (B) of the medical examinations that are imposed on the arrivals for the granting or renewal of residence and will make the decision of the Council of Ministers on this matter for adoption within the system of medical examination of the newcomers.

So as to limit such testing only on groups that are dealing directly with the public such as workers in restaurants and cafes, food, nannies and maids as it was in effect before July 2008. It is anticipated that cancellation of the application of this test to all groups within the next two months after the adoption of the resolution of the Council of Ministers.

Hi All,

I strongly advise not to send e mails to MOH officials.
Thanks

Expat786,

Is this covers newcomers visa application? I've got an offer from Riyadh as cost controller...no need for me to take hepa_b test?
I hope to hear from you...

Hi Atyksa No Idea about KSA. We are talking about DUBIA AUH & SHJ Specially. Check from some KSA guys.

Expat786,

Is this covers newcomers visa application? I've got an offer from Riyadh as cost controller...no need for me to take hepa_b test?
I hope to hear from you...

Anybody from KSA who knows like this problem...

I really wanted to know from you..

Hi, Ayeesha granted a residense visa, its a  new applicantion and she applied under HUsband sponsorship.

Hi Luvbug,

Can u please clarify for your previous posted? is this Asyeesha applying for new residence visa as a housewife? so now she's having residence visa under her husband sponsorship? is she applying for new visa in Dubai if so do u have any idea about applying housewide residence visa in Abu Dhabi. and when did she got this new visa.

Thank you so much your clear explanation will be highly appreciated. At least there's still hope for us n i believe rules will be change shortly.

Cheers

is there an english version of this link?

cheekoo wrote:

perdanasiswa,

perdanasiswa wrote:

Hi Every body,

This is in responds to the post "No new application is being granted a residence visa".

Ayeesha was in Visit visa before. got a job but unfortunately she didnt passed her medical.

Her husband applied her in  his visa (husband's visa) and was granted. This was last year of Nov.

shoegal wrote:

Hi Luvbug,

Can u please clarify for your previous posted? is this Asyeesha applying for new residence visa as a housewife? so now she's having residence visa under her husband sponsorship? is she applying for new visa in Dubai if so do u have any idea about applying housewide residence visa in Abu Dhabi. and when did she got this new visa.

Thank you so much your clear explanation will be highly appreciated. At least there's still hope for us n i believe rules will be change shortly.

Cheers

yup, go to the link, in upper right portion (facing the PC) there is a word translate, click that.

ArabianTiger wrote:

is there an english version of this link?

cheekoo wrote:

perdanasiswa,

perdanasiswa wrote:

Hi Every body,

Below are the posts of Yeesha, she did not get husband's visa. Their first alternative is to apply for visit visa so that she can stay here.  Their problem arose when UAE again change their law that all expats under visit visa shall exit in the UAE when the visit visa expires. And the last thing we hear about Yeesha is a follow up on Vengates, the reason, she is scared on her medical like many others, and no confirmation if she made it or not.

207 2009-11-18 00:13:51
yeesha

I really thank God that I found this forum.  Like everyone else here, I have Hepatitis B.  And it is so unfortunate that I am in a country where I feel like I am helpless and the law is very uncertain.
I came here to Dubai last year on a visit visa.  I was able to find a job but unfortunately I found out that I have Hepatitis B.  But still I felt blessed because the company did not deport me, they just normally canceled my visa so my husband can still get me visit visa.
Like Midge, I am also a healthy carrier.  Since last year, my husband is just getting me visit visa. Our baby is also here and she has already residence visa.
Now, it is a problem for us because there is a new rule in Dubai to get a new visit visa, one has to exit for 30 days.
My husband decided to get me a residence visa but haven't gone through the medical test.  The validity of my visa will expire in 3 weeks.
I was delighted to see this forum and know that me and my husband are not alone in this battle and struggle.
Midge and Vengates, please let me know the update regarding the possibility of the rule change in medical.
Thank you everyone for the encouragement.
God bless us all.

yeesha
burdubaiexpat wrote:
Hi Yeesha
if your husband gets you a residence visit will you not have the same problem re the Hep B and medical?
Are you sure that you have to leave the country for 30 days? or does that depend on the passport that you hold? I was told that you can come right back into the country (I know people who have gone to oman for the day and come back). but they were british passport holders.
Hi Burdubaiexpat,
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, it is the new rule from the immigration right now. Supposedly my husband would get me a new visit visa but he wasn't allowed anymore because of the new rule not unless I would be able to exit for 30 days.  So my husband decided to take me a residence visa.   I am pending right now for my medical.
We also verified the new rule and it is still in effect.  The immigration are giving exemptions to European passports.
I pray that what Vengates has posted was really true about that changing of rule regarding the medical.
We really want to stay together here.
God bless us all.

yeesha
stasya wrote:
I think all hepa B healthy carriers should unite and apply to the MOH with our tests. My doctor in Dubai told me to try doing that.
I think so Stasya that will have an effect with them.  We can try.

yeesha
Vengates and Burdubaiexpats,
How are you?  Did you have any update regarding the possibility of changing the rules for medical?
I am very, very scared.
Thank you and God bless us all.

luvbugs wrote:

This is in responds to the post "No new application is being granted a residence visa".

Ayeesha was in Visit visa before. got a job but unfortunately she didnt passed her medical.

Her husband applied her in  his visa (husband's visa) and was granted. This was last year of Nov.

shoegal wrote:

Hi Luvbug,

Cheers

hi tiger, the translation is posted by expat786 April 16 at 13:19:55.  Thank you for posting this link, this is really a good news for all of us.

Hi friends
please can someone inform me if i can re-enter DUBAI after deportation due to hepatitis b.please somebody answer me.

henrydets, read the other pages of this forum, there are lots of different cases of deportation to hep B

She didnt make any update in the forum but i chat with her after that...  YM

Idel wrote:

Below are the posts of Yeesha, she did not get husband's visa. Their first alternative is to apply for visit visa so that she can stay here.  Their problem arose when UAE again change their law that all expats under visit visa shall exit in the UAE when the visit visa expires. And the last thing we hear about Yeesha is a follow up on Vengates, the reason, she is scared on her medical like many others, and no confirmation if she made it or not.

207 2009-11-18 00:13:51
yeesha

I really thank God that I found this forum.  Like everyone else here, I have Hepatitis B.  And it is so unfortunate that I am in a country where I feel like I am helpless and the law is very uncertain.
I came here to Dubai last year on a visit visa.  I was able to find a job but unfortunately I found out that I have Hepatitis B.  But still I felt blessed because the company did not deport me, they just normally canceled my visa so my husband can still get me visit visa.
Like Midge, I am also a healthy carrier.  Since last year, my husband is just getting me visit visa. Our baby is also here and she has already residence visa.
Now, it is a problem for us because there is a new rule in Dubai to get a new visit visa, one has to exit for 30 days.
My husband decided to get me a residence visa but haven't gone through the medical test.  The validity of my visa will expire in 3 weeks.
I was delighted to see this forum and know that me and my husband are not alone in this battle and struggle.
Midge and Vengates, please let me know the update regarding the possibility of the rule change in medical.
Thank you everyone for the encouragement.
God bless us all.

yeesha
burdubaiexpat wrote:
Hi Yeesha
if your husband gets you a residence visit will you not have the same problem re the Hep B and medical?
Are you sure that you have to leave the country for 30 days? or does that depend on the passport that you hold? I was told that you can come right back into the country (I know people who have gone to oman for the day and come back). but they were british passport holders.
Hi Burdubaiexpat,
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, it is the new rule from the immigration right now. Supposedly my husband would get me a new visit visa but he wasn't allowed anymore because of the new rule not unless I would be able to exit for 30 days.  So my husband decided to take me a residence visa.   I am pending right now for my medical.
We also verified the new rule and it is still in effect.  The immigration are giving exemptions to European passports.
I pray that what Vengates has posted was really true about that changing of rule regarding the medical.
We really want to stay together here.
God bless us all.

yeesha
stasya wrote:
I think all hepa B healthy carriers should unite and apply to the MOH with our tests. My doctor in Dubai told me to try doing that.
I think so Stasya that will have an effect with them.  We can try.

yeesha
Vengates and Burdubaiexpats,
How are you?  Did you have any update regarding the possibility of changing the rules for medical?
I am very, very scared.
Thank you and God bless us all.

luvbugs wrote:

shoegal wrote:

Hi Luvbug,

Cheers

Dear Luvbug,

Can u please give me any contact details or YM address for  yeesha, cos my case is d same with her, right now i'm under visit visa n my visa will be finish in 2 days so i need to leave the country for 30 days before i can come back again to UAE since it's quite late for me to apply for residence visa cos i only rely on this forum to give any information about residence visa for housewife....

So if you could help me to ask her contact details that i can reach her, maybe speak with her in person will be more clear for what information n documents that i need for applying new residence visa for housewife with Hepa B carrier.

Thanks so much for your help.

Cheers

I wish to remind that I got a NEW Visa even if I'm HBV bearer. I was made redundant by my previous company and my visa was canceled. I found a new job in Dubai, applied for a new visa and I was found positive to Hepatitis B.

1) Do not leave the country. Stay in the UAE and get from your PRO the visa amendment.

2) Avoid to go toi the Muhaisni centre. They are very strict.

3) Go to the Baraqa Hospital, Preventive Medicine department.

4) Go personally to the Immigraton and ask to speak with an executive.

You will have your NEW visa.

Thanks fredrt64 for sharing this information. You said go personally to the Immigraton and ask to speak with an executive. Is it prior to Medical or after the test result?

Thanks

Thax Arabian tiger for your response I went through all the pages but didn't get anyone who re-entered uae after deportation, due to hep b,
During my exit time I was not eye scanned not finger print taken though I had a paper written 9 ban permanent which I didn't understand it was a just normal exit. My worry is if I come back with visit visa may be I will be barred from entering uae at the airport. Please advice me. Anybody.

Thax Arabian tiger for your response I went through all the pages but didn't get anyone who re-entered uae after deportation, due to hep b,
During my exit time I was not eye scanned not finger print taken though I had a paper written 9 ban permanent which I didn't understand it was a just normal exit. My worry is if I come back with visit visa may be I will be barred from entering uae at the airport. Please advice me. Anybody.

hi henrydets

i am also the same person like you.i came to uae on husbands visa and was deported life long for hep b.actually we came to know that i have beened banned life long when my husband applied for my visit visa.during my exit time even i was not eye scanned nor figer printed.i am extremely sorry to say that one cannot enter uae if he has been banned for life long ,not even through visit visa. i just want to say that pray hard and just wait till the law changes.if the law changes then i think there might be some hope for people like us.god bless you....

Thax alot for your info,but why my pro told me i can re_enter by visit visa so shocked.

hi luvbugs, i agree with you if that's the case of yeesha.  i assume that she did not get the visa because of non-confirmation.

thanks fred for your post, this is very useful.  renewals and new visa for those who are already staying here are as almost as guaranteed. what we need is only to justify and to show our previous visa when undergoing medical.

i hope the good news will come out in the next few days.

God bless us all.

i dont know why your pro told like that.but you will get the clear picture from the imigration only when you apply for visit visa.when you apply for visit visa imigration will inform you that you will never get a visit visa if you have been banned for life long.

henrydets wrote:

Thax alot for your info,but why my pro told me i can re_enter by visit visa so shocked.

i think you can re-enter thru visit visa only if you are not banned and listed in the immigration.  you can ask assistance from your PRO, if your name is in the list.

and i do hope that the amendment on the UAE Law that evryone is expecting will be fair enough.  fair enough to allow those who were deported because of Hepa B.

Hi annefrank
are you in uae on hus visa and how did you get it after being banned?

Hi guys, im new here but i used to follow and read all the post in this thread. Like u iam also a victim of this virus. I came in uae on 2006 with all the knowledge of having this virus, that time i used to stay there always on a visit visa status as iam aware that i might not pass the med fitness test. I was on visit status for almost 2 yrs of my stay there, the situation was i have to exit every 2 months for visa change. Everything is uncertain i cannot even secure my job. Early 2008 if iam correct the law has change with regRds in obtaining visit visa, that time i had no choice than to let my compny process my employmnt visa. I was afraid coz i know i will be deported any moment that time, i just prayed and god answered i got my first residence stamp n that yr 2008. After 1 1/2 year my compny suffered for reccession, a lot of employee wre terminted and sent to their country. I hv fmily to raise and i cant loose a job so i decided to find new job. Luckily i got job n a well known compny in dubai, iam so overwhelmd as i also got a salary almost tripled than my prev one. Then.... I was not aware that the law has change again, i tot applying new visa n a new compny will not create any prob. Now i got a life time ban and cant enter to uae anymore. Everytime im asking myself, is it wrong to think good future for my family? But i know god is there he will never leave us, everything has a reason a lesson to learn perhaps. - weezer

Hi Fredrt64,

That's a good news! 

I have some questions though:
1.  Where did you have your blood checked? in Mohaisni or Al Baraqa?
2.  Do we need to go to Al Baraqa first before going to the immigration department?

I am currently in the process of applying for my husband visa.

Thanks,