Hepatitis B infection

Hi Friends
Any news about the reforms if any please share with us.

Please update the latest news of lifting deportation against HBV carriers in UAE. Is the rule still alive or it has been removed. Lets all pray that we go back into UAE and continue with our respective employment.

World Health Organization is marking the "International Day of patients with viral hepatitis" on May 19th.

On May 19th, let the UAE government also lift the testing of Blood for Viral Hepatitis B and let go free the earlier people who were banned for Hep B. Let us pray God.

Hi my dear friends,
                 I found this blog by chance n felt really sorry for the people who are facing so many problems for simply nothing.So I went to the ministry myself to gather maximum information for all of you n many others like you.
  So guys, I came back with useful information n here it is...
1)For all those people who are planning to come to Uae,I advice you to wait for just few months more.The source who was very authentic told me that the law regarding hepatitis B is in the cabinet already n is going to change within a month or so n will return back to the previous state(applicable to certain categories only).So currently they are not allowing anyone with hepatitis B ,regardless of their nature of job.
2)All those who are about to renew their visa,if they are related to the categories like housemaids,food industry,beauticians,daycare centres etc,they are checking for HIV n Hepatitis.If they don't belong to the above mentioned categories,they will be checked for HIV ONLY.
So my dear friends,just cheer up .If you have to renew your visa n don't belong to the certain category,don't worry.If you are coming new here,don't come now ,just wait for sometime.Do start making plans to land here as good news is on it's way.If you are changing job here n have to cancel your previous visa n get a new one,better transfer your visa or tell them before tests that you have been residing here n just changing job.
   I hope,many things must be clear to you people now.I hope n pray all the best for all those people who are facing this problem or the other.Just keep yourself connected to your lord n never loose hope...there is always a silver line behind clouds:)

Thanks a lot, Raheema! We need more people like you :-)  This is really good news for all of us.  Please keep us updated.  Any information will be a big help for all of us.  God Bless you!!

raheema wrote:

Hi my dear friends,
                 I found this blog by chance n felt really sorry for the people who are facing so many problems for simply nothing.So I went to the ministry myself to gather maximum information for all of you n many others like you.
1)For all those people who are planning to come to Uae,I advice you to wait for just few months more.The source who was very authentic told me that the law regarding hepatitis B is in the cabinet already n is going to change within a month or so n will return back to the previous state(applicable to certain categories only).So currently they are not allowing anyone with hepatitis B ,regardless of their nature of job.
2)All those who are about to renew their visa,if they are related to the categories like housemaids,food industry,beauticians,daycare centres etc,they are checking for HIV n Hepatitis.If they don't belong to the above mentioned categories,they will be checked for HIV ONLY.
So my dear friends,just cheer up .If you have to renew your visa n don't belong to the certain category,don't worry.If you are coming new here,don't come now ,just wait for sometime.Do start making plans to land here as good news is on it's way.If you are changing job here n have to cancel your previous visa n get a new one,better transfer your visa or tell them before tests that you have been residing here n just changing job.
   I hope,many things must be clear to you people now.I hope n pray all the best for all those people who are facing this problem or the other.Just keep yourself connected to your lord n never loose hope...there is always a silver line behind clouds:)

thanks a lot raheema.

did the ministry tell anything about people who got deported due to hep b.if the law changes will they give consideration to deported people like us to enter uae???

Dear ANNEFRANK,
                I didn't ask about deported people but I guess once the law changes,only then we can get a definite answer.Anyways,the moment I get the authentic information,I'll update you.....stay happy n hopeful:)

hope the law changes very soon.

raheema wrote:

Hi my dear friends,

Raheema,

Who did you met at the ministry to come back so positive ?

Regards

Dennis

Hi Dennisp

I think is not safe to disclose the names of the officials coz when they will come to know they will never be helpful, again Raheema thanks for that.

Hi,
Yes this is right. This law is going to be changed. I am in contact with some Official in Al Baraha Hospital since January. They told me then that the law will be changed in 3,4 months. And now last week they said that it is just a matter of time now, may be 1 or 2 months at max.

Hi guys,
          I can't disclose the name of Dr. who provided me this information but logically speaking why should one be giving false hopes to people......There must be some substance to it!!!!

Raheema,

Thanks a lot dude, you did wonderful job and gave hope.

Thanks Raheema for the hope! I found this site by chance bcuz my husband will be working in Abu Dhabi from June and just found out that hepatitis B carrier(inactive) like me will not be given the residency visa....I was very disappointed and sorry for my hubby if he can't work there bcuz of me. But maybe if I wait a little longer for going to UAE and apply for a visa late this year or so, there could be a chance? Anyone help if i  misunderstood any ponit? I am desperate as my hubby already accept the offer w/new company, if he doesn't go bcuz of my hepatitis I will feel sorry for the rest of my life...plz update me if anyone have the same issue. Thnks

You should go ahead with your plans to move to Abu Dhabi. It is known to us from more than one source now that the law is going to change and it is just a matter of time now. You can stay behind one month or so and then you might want to visit Abu Dhabi in which case you can have one month visit visa, as an Italian, renewable two times. So, basically, you can buy 4 to 5 months time before applying for your residence visa. During such time the law would hopefully change.

ciccia31 wrote:

Thanks Raheema for the hope! I found this site by chance bcuz my husband will be working in Abu Dhabi from June and just found out that hepatitis B carrier(inactive) like me will not be given the residency visa....I was very disappointed and sorry for my hubby if he can't work there bcuz of me. But maybe if I wait a little longer for going to UAE and apply for a visa late this year or so, there could be a chance? Anyone help if i  misunderstood any ponit? I am desperate as my hubby already accept the offer w/new company, if he doesn't go bcuz of my hepatitis I will feel sorry for the rest of my life...plz update me if anyone have the same issue. Thnks

Thanks, is that only renewable 2 times on Visiting Visa? I thought you can do every 30 days without limit.Anyone can explain on this? Thanks

ciccia31 wrote:

Thanks, is that only renewable 2 times on Visiting Visa? I thought you can do every 30 days without limit.Anyone can explain on this? Thanks

I heard there are travel agencies organising "visa trip" and it seems unless it changed last year that number of repetivite entry is not limited at all, hundred of persons doing this evry week-end.

Anyone confirm ?

Visit visa for the 33 nationalities can be renewed twice, for fees, without exiting the country. After the second renewal, you will have to exit and re-enter with a new visa.

Number of entries is unlimited.

dennisp wrote:
ciccia31 wrote:

I heard there are travel agencies organising "visa trip" and it seems unless it changed last year that number of repetivite entry is not limited at all, hundred of persons doing this evry week-end.

Anyone confirm ?

Hi Perdanasiswa, aadil84pk or any that can help,
I am now in Italy and found very difficult to find clear information on this issue (deportation or not for HBV carrier)from official source. The only one I got was from this blog. I would like to speak with an official source before taking such an important decision. Do you know who can give me official information? do you know for example an office (not a specific person) that can speack officially on this mutter? For example should I call the Hospital, the ministry of interiorn naturalization & residency administration? do you have a specific telephone number I can use to get clear information from the government source?
I would really appreciate any help.
Thank you

if I were you, I would simply contact the Italian embassy in Abu Dhabi. They will have an idea and should suggest to you local contact numbers to clarify any questions that you might have.

ciccia31 wrote:

Hi Perdanasiswa, aadil84pk or any that can help,
I am now in Italy and found very difficult to find clear information on this issue (deportation or not for HBV carrier)from official source. The only one I got was from this blog. I would like to speak with an official source before taking such an important decision. Do you know who can give me official information? do you know for example an office (not a specific person) that can speack officially on this mutter? For example should I call the Hospital, the ministry of interiorn naturalization & residency administration? do you have a specific telephone number I can use to get clear information from the government source?
I would really appreciate any help.
Thank you

itapinnid wrote:

Raheema,

Thanks a lot dude, you did wonderful job and gave hope.

Guys,

Are aware of similar potential good news from other coutries of the gulf, like Qatar or Saudi ?

I contacted a HR in Qatar that I know since years and he told me never heard of anything like this.

Dear all
I read this blog and I was so impressed, I feel sorry to be born in AUE and be an Emirate citizen. I left my country many years ago, and I had the fortune to see and experience civilized countries (Europeans) and I have worked abroad. From my experience and knowing the culture of the people in general and of the myopic politician of UAE in particular, I have to be honest with you and tell you the truth, don't lose time in praying, the law will never change. At least till the petrol will bring money in this country.
In Europe the immigration law that you are facing would be considered a ridiculous scandal. An unfair discrimination that would not make sense.  Personally I think also that it would not even make UAE more safe as people that have the illness they checks for the VISA are allowed to transit freely. It is actually possible that a person that is safe could be deported after being infected in UAE!! (is not this stupid?)What I read from your blog just confirm what I think about my country, the money has made it insane, they forgot what they were just a generation ago.  This law show that the road for becoming a civilized country is very long.
I know that all of you stay( or want to stay) in UAE are there for work and for money. Let me just express all my sympathy and solidarity. I am really sorry and I would like to help you in any way, but unfortunatelly it could be dangerous even for me, the only suggestion I give you is to accept the reality and find a better country were to work.

Then the Govt of UAE should through 135000 UAE Nationals (Infected with HBV) into the sea.

firefire wrote:

Dear all
I read this blog and I was so impressed, I feel sorry to be born in AUE and be an Emirate citizen. I left my country many years ago, and I had the fortune to see and experience civilized countries (Europeans) and I have worked abroad. From my experience and knowing the culture of the people in general and of the myopic politician of UAE in particular, I have to be honest with you and tell you the truth, don't lose time in praying, the law will never change. At least till the petrol will bring money in this country.
In Europe the immigration law that you are facing would be considered a ridiculous scandal. An unfair discrimination that would not make sense.  Personally I think also that it would not even make UAE more safe as people that have the illness they checks for the VISA are allowed to transit freely. It is actually possible that a person that is safe could be deported after being infected in UAE!! (is not this stupid?)What I read from your blog just confirm what I think about my country, the money has made it insane, they forgot what they were just a generation ago.  This law show that the road for becoming a civilized country is very long.
I know that all of you stay( or want to stay) in UAE are there for work and for money. Let me just express all my sympathy and solidarity. I am really sorry and I would like to help you in any way, but unfortunatelly it could be dangerous even for me, the only suggestion I give you is to accept the reality and find a better country were to work.

Thank you Fire Fire!! At least you seem honest.
After long discussion with my husband we are leaning towards not going to UAE.It is a difficult decision as the offer  was a real good one and visiting Abu Dhabi we had a very good impression indeed. But honestly after reading this blog we consider all these new aspects and the final impression we are having is that UAE is a risky country for expatriates. We are used to live in civilized and fair country and this is something very valuable for us.
You are definitely right when you say that it is an unfair system and a stupid one as well. I just want to tell you a story that give support to what you are saying.  I am from Hong Kong and before I married an Italian citizen, I did not have any problem to get working VISA (I am HvB carrier) for Italy. Here would never happen that an UAE citizen can't come to Italy or Europe for tourism or for working due to suffering from one of the illness like HVB, HVC ect… would be considered as a discrimination. Moreover and even more important, here would never happen that, if I get sick from one of this illness (maybe trasmitted by the same UAE citizen)  I wouldn't be deported from Italy. I repeat I agree with you this system is not only stupid but also against humanity.
As a family we have decided that we cannot run this risk, maybe we can enter and get the Visa this time, but for example what about if my son, husband or myself  (for whatever reason) get infected in UAE for one of the virus that let them to deport us in the future? How can we live in such a barbarian country?
You are right the money do not make this country modern and civilized.

really sad and upset to hear such a news.but if this is the truth then we have to accept it...only hearing rumours that the law is going to change soon, but till now uae havent took any action against that.

anyway we all are very unlucky people....let god show mercy on us....

Dear all,
         i m also interested in coming to uae but unfortunately im hep b career i just wan 2 share that u people don lose hope have faith in god and wait 4 god's justice if they are publishing such issues in newspaper that medical examination of hepb is going to amend  so wait for some time lets hope for and pray for it and i also read somewhere in this blog that one of the member met some official in albaraha hospital they also told that discussion is goin on so dont b dishearten lets do pray i hope one day good news will come

annefrank did u send mail to the above id of moh did they respond?if not i don think tthey r goin to respond but after readi ng it will helpful for them to take any actions i think we all shud right to moh even i malso going to send a mail

spk

ya i did send mails to the above id of moh.they didnt respond.before sending the mail itself i was sure that they will never respond.they are very high people and it is sure that they will never respond to local people like us.

Dear all
It was not my intention to scare you, but just wanted to let you open your eyes!!
Ciccia31 your points are really right, I did not even think of the fact that UAE citizen can infect people abroud and still nobody has ever thought about discriminating them! I was told  that there are people from UAE that have serious illness and are still working in France or UK and nobody deport them. I realized only by living abroad that this is a sign of been civilized, but I am very pessimistic that my citizen and even more the UAE politicians can understand this simple concept.As I told the Emirates people have changed in the last one or two generations, before we were not like this.
It is also not a question of religion, and do not consider yourself unlucky.  It is definitely their fault if you suffer and if you are discriminated.
I do not think there is really something that can change the situation in the medium-short term, however If I can suggest something try to make more aware people and journalists or media, make this ridiculous behavior public.

Can Anyone brief immediately the various types of VISAS in OMAN for employment and whether all VISA need do blood tests for Hepatitis B, I request an urgent reply since I have to reply whether I am ready to take the offer or not. Be kind and give me the maximum details.

i heard they do some form of health checks as part of the visa process, but you need to confirm with the dubai government

bhairav wrote:

Can Anyone brief immediately the various types of VISAS in OMAN for employment and whether all VISA need do blood tests for Hepatitis B, I request an urgent reply since I have to reply whether I am ready to take the offer or not. Be kind and give me the maximum details.

Hello Bhairav,

I think you might get more appropriate responses if you'd post them on the Omani forum.

Best of luck
Arlette

any updates from anyone i read in one of the colum that vengates had some contacts in moh but after that no response came from his side that wht is goin on in moh?where is he? anybdy knows about

hi everyone, i am new in this forum but i am following the posts here for long time. like all of u, i am also a chronic hepa b carrier as well as my husband. we are here for a very long time but now we feel like we are in trouble because of this new visa rules. my husband company might shut down this july, he is working as a translator in one of the british company here in abu dhabi, i am working as well but under his visa sponsorship. we are worried if her transfer to another company, we might be deported because of the blood test. our 2 kids in our home country are going to college next year and im pregnant now...today, my husband received a call from the Health Authority asking confirming about his illness since the hospital where we go for check up forwarded our file. i am expecting for the call also soon. we dont know what is that call for coz the person did not tell him. the person only told him that it is a confirmation call. i want to ask if anybody here got the same call? we want to know what will happen next since the Health Authority is starting to make calls like this. i am really worried coz we cannot stop working at the moment considering our kids needs...i keep on praying that things will turn out well for all of us afflicted with this virus...

POSTED THE SAME IN OMAN FORUM, BUT NO REPLIES, IT IS AN URGENT ONE, KINDLY REPLY. THIS IS FOR OMAN

Hi jcd
If you are going for visa renewal no problem but if is for a new visa then you have to worry.please check with your hus company pro.

henrydets wrote:

Hi jcd
If you are going for visa renewal no problem but if is for a new visa then you have to worry.please check with your hus company pro.

hi henrydets
as i have mentioned, my husband's company is shutting down this coming july so he is trying to find a new company to work. definitely it will not be renewal and will be a new visa. but would they consider that we are here for long time? oh God, this really kills me...i cannot sleep anymore not knowing what will happen the next day :(

hi jcd,                                                     
        if ur husband is going for new visa then deffinitely they will create problem its really painful for all of us just becoz of this discriminatinating and stupid law many people are goin thru a lot of pain and problems. when these people wud understand  the pain of us.

Hi everyone

Lets have faith that the law gona change thats what keeps me moving God is there for us and i believe in him as i am going to apply my re-entry visa next month.No need to worry things are going to change.