Hepatitis B infection

Follow 'SIAS'posts starting from page 2

cheekoo wrote:

Dont give up hope. Since you are not new you should tell the doctor that you are changing job and not in one of 6 categories. Go to Al baraha and explain situation to doctor there. I will look for one guy past post as he explained what exactly he did.
Meanwhile you go through the post from starting and see if you find it first.

gappy wrote:

hi all
newbie here but same situation
my PRO called me told me my first blood test shown HepB and asked me to do the second test. I m always aware i m a HepB carrier however it didnt cause me any problem when i first came to uae and work for Nakheel in 2006 from sydney. Recently, i changed job and it caused me a huge problem this morning. The PRO asked me to do a second test at another clinic near al Quasis. I beleive the result will be the same and i will be deported even i m working as a property development project manager. I dont know what action i should take now. I am lost.

Gappy

Thank you so much cheeko

cheekoo wrote:

cheekoo wrote:

Dont give up hope. Since you are not new you should tell the doctor that you are changing job and not in one of 6 categories. Go to Al baraha and explain situation to doctor there. I will look for one guy past post as he explained what exactly he did.

gappy wrote:

hi all
newbie here but same situation
my PRO called me told me my first blood test shown HepB and asked me to do the second test. I m always aware i m a HepB carrier however it didnt cause me any problem when i first came to uae and work for Nakheel in 2006 from sydney. Recently, i changed job and it caused me a huge problem this morning. The PRO asked me to do a second test at another clinic near al Quasis. I beleive the result will be the same and i will be deported even i m working as a property development project manager. I dont know what action i should take now. I am lost.

Gappy

Yeah dont loose hope keep on telling them i am not new and you would have passed me if i would have renewed so what is the logic? Be polite and just dont give up and tell and show them your previous VISA copy to confirm that you are not new and this doesn't come in the 6 categories. People had more success rate at al baraha

gappy wrote:

Thank you so much cheeko

cheekoo wrote:

cheekoo wrote:

so you mean if i m lucky, they would give me a certificate saying i m fit to work on spot? thanks again

cheekoo wrote:

Yeah dont loose hope keep on telling them i am not new and you would have passed me if i would have renewed so what is the logic? Be polite and just dont give up and tell and show them your previous VISA copy to confirm that you are not new and this doesn't come in the 6 categories. People had more success rate at al baraha

gappy wrote:

Thank you so much cheeko

cheekoo wrote:

Doctor throws light on discrimination against HIV patients

Dubai: A majority of HIV patients in the country get infected due to drug addiction and they are being discriminated against, a senior has doctor said.
"I would like to see the patients working, companies should have no problem employing them, their jobs should not be terminated (when they are found to be HIV postive)," Dr Abdullah Mahmoud Ustadi, head of the Medical Department with the Dubai Health Authority (DHA), said.
He said a draft law (respecting patient's rights and their interaction in the society) will be submitted to the Cabinet for approval. HIV or the Human Immunodeficiency Virus is otherwise known as Aids.
No longer a phobia
"The phobia (against HIV patients), the stigma, has long gone. We now know you cannot get it through kissing or contact. It spreads through body fluids," the doctor who is also a consultant physician for infectious diseases, said.
He said a majority of HIV patients here get afflicted because they take drugs.
"It depends on which part of the world you are. In India, the main reason is due to heterosexual sex. In other places, it's due to homosexuality,"
There are reportedly 700 HIV patients in the country and last year 49 people were found to be HIV positive. The DHA had said that 15 expatriates found to have HIV were also afflicted with tuberculosis, an infectious bacterial disease.
The doctor also alluded that drug addicts are not being managed professionally.
"I see the patients for their HIV management," he said and called for these people to be treated for their addiction in a more professional manner. "We do not have full drug rehab centres," he said.
The doctor said tuberculosis is a huge problem because of its multi-drug resistance as it breaches the first and second line of defence.

(GULF NEWS May 23, 2010)

The article above shows signs of hope when they can talk about HIV then why not Hepa B which not as dangerous as HIV, so if they working on HIV then why not Hepa B.

Gappy you need to push because you're not a new comer your just changing your visa plus your job n position is high so they might give you go hopefully

IS the hepatatis B checkup required for renewal as well. Can someone confirm that. and if not required. then why it is required for new visas.

where do u  go  for medical test in Abudhabi?????? can we get it  done  in sharjah or dubai? will they acept the medical test reports for abudhabi visa if the checkup is done in other emirates?? I m  housewife going for a renewal, do u guys think i should have any problem....they did issue me the visa in  2007  wd hep B carrier test positive...they made me check twice that  time...I have  to go agin in june for renewal  as  housewife again but from abudhabi...should that b a problem???? or rules are same everywhere.... please comment.  I

one thing i know for sure is that you can do checkup in any emirates and get it stamped from the hospital again that it can be used in any emirates, I know this bcoz one of my friend had done it. so thats not an issue. u just need to pay few bucks extra.
but what checkups are applicable, that i dont know.
thats wht i also enquired through this forum. but its not yet answered. that whts the check up status in case of renewals. do they again check all blood diseases or just HIV

from Gulfnews today.

Workers flock to new screening centre
Mussafah facility can handle up to 2,500 people a day and will soon be open to women

Abu Dhabi: The Disease Prevention and Screening Centre (DPSC) in Abu Dhabi has experienced a 30 per cent reduction in screening and preventive services since the inauguration of the male-only centre in Mussafah.

All screening services related to residence visa medical fitness tests are conducted at the new DPSC branch, which like branches located in the city of Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, and the Western Region, is operated by the Ambulatory Healthcare Services (AHS), an Abu Dhabi Health Services Company (SEHA) facility.

The 3,100 square metre facility was relocated and designed to accommodate the growing number of labourers in proximity to Mussafah.

The centre can handle up to 2,500 customers per day and consists of 10 medical examination rooms, 10 rooms for blood tests, six X-ray machines and three immunisation facilities.

Screening takes an average of 25 minutes and test results are delivered within two working days. X-rays detect whether a person has tuberculosis, and blood tests detect Hepatitis B, HIV and syphilis.

According to Mohammad Hawas Al Sadid, DPSC Director, if the test results are positive, samples are re-tested and then sent to the Abu Dhabi city branch for reconfirmation.

"We usually call customers after two working days with the exact results of their screening. If the applicant is discovered to be active with any of the above diseases, we make sure they receive instant medical assistance in a hospital until they become non-infectious," said Al Sadid.

The official refused to comment on what type of diseases resulted in deportation but did confirm that patients are immediately placed in isolation rooms in a hospital, where they receive treatment until their condition becomes inactive.

"Even if they are eventually deported, we must make sure their condition is not contagious to others on the plane, and in their hometowns. The HAAD is immediately alerted about such cases once we detect suspicious results in our screening," he said.

On the first day the branch was open, they received up to 1,000 applicants.

"The new centre can conduct 2,500 tests daily. For now we are only serving males, but after three months we plan to include females," Al Sadid said.

Avoid delays

Shaja'a Al Harthi, DPSC Mussafah manager, urges companies who send their labourers to the centre for screening, to have full documentation ready including passports and Dh250 (the price for the screening programme).

More than 45 labourers from one construction company were kept outside because they lacked the necessary documentation.

U ca ndo it in preventive medicine centre near the Sheikh khalifa medical city karaama streat and in musaffah. as far as i know it will not be a problem for renewal for house wife. problem is only for new visa applcant anf or certain categories like medical professionals, housemaid, etc( for renewal). u should say it is for renewal...

finder wrote:

where do u  go  for medical test in Abudhabi?????? can we get it  done  in sharjah or dubai? will they acept the medical test reports for abudhabi visa if the checkup is done in other emirates?? I m  housewife going for a renewal, do u guys think i should have any problem....they did issue me the visa in  2007  wd hep B carrier test positive...they made me check twice that  time...I have  to go agin in june for renewal  as  housewife again but from abudhabi...should that b a problem???? or rules are same everywhere.... please comment.  I

Its pretty confirm with other posts on the forum that renewal would not have problems. Why they test for new is not known and should only be considered a rule that exists.

friendcircle wrote:

IS the hepatatis B checkup required for renewal as well. Can someone confirm that. and if not required. then why it is required for new visas.

been to 3 different clinic and talk to some docs... they all said renewing visa has no problem as long as u dont belong to those sensitive professional catagories but for the new visa, since u have exist the country and come back... they need to check hep B. As a result, there was no luck today. My Pro said since they have my blood sample and already called up for the second check. I need to resolve this ASAP otherwise they will use my first sample for another check. once it shows +, i m done.

this is stressing me out now.

andy

there might be a  way u can give some extra bucks and get it done. just check it out by speaking to ur country ppl in the hospital. best of luck.

thnx all of you...pls pray this rule goes off soon... my visa next   week though i m a housewife, still it freaks me out...i m here for 25 years..... but last 6 years positive wd this monster thing v all r dreading...they did issue me 2 times d visa wd my positive status...but now since the rules have  changed, will b going for d first  time...BTW one of my friend who was TB positive got a visa for working last  month????????????????????? god knows what rules they follow..... pls pray for me...i pray for all of u....

finder wrote:

thnx all of you...pls pray this rule goes off soon... my visa next   week though i m a housewife, still it freaks me out...i m here for 25 years..... but last 6 years positive wd this monster thing v all r dreading...they did issue me 2 times d visa wd my positive status...but now since the rules have  changed, will b going for d first  time...BTW one of my friend who was TB positive got a visa for working last  month????????????????????? god knows what rules they follow..... pls pray for me...i pray for all of u....

Dear Finder.

Since you are renewing your visa only, there is no problem.
But to be on the safe side please go to Al Baraha hospital. They do typing, test and everything required for renewal.
Al Baraha is the best. I did my renewal there as some one on this forum advised to do medical test over there.

Good luck.

To All:

dear All,

I am asking you guys to help each other. I really feel sorry for these who got a big problems because of this rule. Especially for "blue25". He needs help. I don't know how we can support. May be we all can collect some money to help with his debts. We should stay united.

still we can live a normal life though our dream is limited.

blue25 wrote:

thanks also rds.. yah.. suddenly all of my dreams vanished.. life must go on.. i have to face it.. I dont think i could live a normal life with this.

Al baraha is good bcoz they mention on the forum what tests will be conducted. so thats good. u will know b4 u go for test that u will be done with HIV and Hepatatis or just HIV. thats my previous experience thr. but now i dont know since it was two yrs back. I called two three hospitals out in shj, dubai abt the rules- all said same- for new -they gonaa do all Hiv and Hepatatis but renewal just HIV.

does any one know whom we can write to actually let the country know our issues. like i knew abt some site where we can put our problems to sheikh mohammed (ruler of dubai). does any one know that site.

Please guide

Thanks

friendcircle wrote:

does any one know whom we can write to actually let the country know our issues. like i knew abt some site where we can put our problems to sheikh mohammed (ruler of dubai). does any one know that site.

Please guide

Thanks

Here we go:
http://www.sheikhmohammed.co.ae/vgn-ext … 64a8c0RCRD

But, please we should be a very careful before we write any suggestions or complaints. As I know all e-mails sent to HH will be screened.

Good luck.

to: blue 25
    Just want to know when you passed the immigration in UAE airport, did they stamp your passport "canceled" over your visa stamp. Do you have with you the cancellation visa papers?

User1234 wrote:
friendcircle wrote:

Please guide

Thanks

Here we go:

But, please we should be a very careful before we write any suggestions or complaints. As I know all e-mails sent to HH will be screened.

Good luck.

thanks for the site information.

Dear All,

I agree with user1234 that we have to stay united. Nobody will understand us better than each other.

I just found out that blue25 will undergo expensive medical treatment for two years because of the virus.  Can we help him financially, please? 

He is broke right now and he needs our help.  I guess any amount will be of big help to him right now. 

Thanks in advance for whatever support you might give him.

Cassey

User1234 wrote:
finder wrote:

Dear Finder.

Since you are renewing your visa only, there is no problem.
But to be on the safe side please go to Al Baraha hospital. They do typing, test and everything required for renewal.
Al Baraha is the best. I did my renewal there as some one on this forum advised to do medical test over there.

Good luck.

To All:

dear All,

I am asking you guys to help each other. I really feel sorry for these who got a big problems because of this rule. Especially for "blue25". He needs help. I don't know how we can support. May be we all can collect some money to help with his debts. We should stay united.

Please do you have email address for Ruler of Abu Dhabi ?
Thanks

User1234 wrote:
friendcircle wrote:

Please guide

Thanks

Here we go:

Good luck.

kamil1358 wrote:

to: blue 25
    Just want to know when you passed the immigration in UAE airport, did they stamp your passport "canceled" over your visa stamp. Do you have with you the cancellation visa papers?

No.. The mark in the stamp is only exit.. About the cancellation visa paper only the pro handles it.. The pro accompany me in the airport. There i have the eye scan.. The pro told me i cannot work again in uae but still can have visit visa..

Rosemary Zhu wrote:

Thanks

Dear Rosemary Zhu,

I found this site on Google.
I think this is the right one.

http://www.abudhabi.ae/egovPoolPortal_W … 66&lang=en

to Blue25:

dear,
I am sure there are people are ready to help you. Please provide your details so we can support you. I am ready to donate $100.

Even its not a big amount but if all can contribute a bit it will be a huge support.

Best regards.

Thanks User1234, it's very kind of you! God bless you!

Does any body has idea when the law would be amended?
My firend has been living and working in UAE for 9years and right now he is holding an employement visa in Abu Dhbi(Just changed a new job) but he is afraid of the medica check-up bcz he has HBVsag possitive, he would have a failure in check-up by the law, this law really ruins too many people's lives.
God please bless them.

thank you so much 1519...

Why so quiet guys? why no good news comes?

thats what we waitin for where are those ppl how said about gud news
Pls if any1 stil in dxb and can find out about the law change pls do it and let us know many ppl are waitin to hear it

Thanks

my test is positive and they have asked me to do a second test at al quasis. I m trying to look for any possible help that i can find. If i go for the second test... the result will be the same and i will be gone immediately after that.

Dear User1234,

Thanks for the money you gave.. this will help a lot to me. Your so very kind.
God bless you and give you more blessings.

I hope and pray that the law will change soon. I cannot afford to see people like me that was kicked out in UAE and go home without money in the pocket. I hope this kind of discrimination will stop and we can live a normal life. After all we didnt commit such a crime, we just want to leave and work in the country.

User1234 wrote:
Rosemary Zhu wrote:

Thanks

Dear Rosemary Zhu,

I found this site on Google.
I think this is the right one.

http://www.abudhabi.ae/egovPoolPortal_W … 66&lang=en

to Blue25:

dear,
I am sure there are people are ready to help you. Please provide your details so we can support you. I am ready to donate $100.

Even its not a big amount but if all can contribute a bit it will be a huge support.

Best regards.

Dear User1234,
Thanks for everything you gave to me. Gob bless you. Ill include you in my prayers.
Right now am starting to learn to live a normal life. Thank you for your big help..

is there any good news about the rules?did anyone of u send mails to an above id of dubai and auh i have send it today waitin for reply.according to me u all shud send may b our emails help them to take any actions ebout dis issue

gappy wrote:

my test is positive and they have asked me to do a second test at al quasis. I m trying to look for any possible help that i can find. If i go for the second test... the result will be the same and i will be gone immediately after that.

Dear Gappy,

Stay positive. Try to explain to the doctor but:
I remember my time when I go for the second test in Al Qusais. (it was about 8-month ago. Free zone sent me over there). It was disaster. I was begging the doctor to give me the "fit to work" certificate. But he was really toff. ( but I know he gave to some one on this forum "fit" as she was a lady). I am not blaming the doctor he is just doing his work. He is a "good" worker who needs to spent his 8-hour and take his ass home. I know he is following the rules given to him. So it's by chance, if you lucky, you get. I will continue later.

blue25 wrote:

Dear User1234,
Thanks for everything you gave to me. Gob bless you. Ill include you in my prayers.
Right now am starting to learn to live a normal life. Thank you for your big help..

Hi Blue25,

I am glad that you are ok and recovering after the shock.

Believe me, you will get all you want. Its just matter of time. Keep it up. And fight for your life.

Don't go for a second test. It is not worth it to risk having a ban. If I were you, I would simply leave the country for now and wait for the change in rules which hopefully is going to be implemented any time now.

gappy wrote:

What is the point of sending emails? seriously, you guys risk complicating things by doing so. we know now from more than one source that the rules are going to change. More than one member of this forum had posted information they obtained from insiders in the Ministry of Health indicating that the rules are going to change.

You can also check the following links (use google to translate from Arabic to English)

http://www.albayan.ae/servlet/Satellite … FullDetailhttp://www.wam.org.ae/servlet/Satellite … N-FullNews

Yes it might be taking a little time, but what else can you guys do? I lived 35 years in UAE since it was nothing but desert and now I cannot go back because of this rule. UAE is home for me and not just an opportunity to work as the case with most of you. Moreover, I just declined an excellent position in Abu Dhabi. Nevertheless, I'm still optimistic things will change.

bottom line, do not write these emails to any official. It will only have an adverse effect. No need to spoil things at the last moment.

spk wrote:

is there any good news about the rules?did anyone of u send mails to an above id of dubai and auh i have send it today waitin for reply.according to me u all shud send may b our emails help them to take any actions ebout dis issue

I could not agree more than to Perdanasiswa said. We had been discuss in this forum about not to write to respective people in MOH or any high position about this. They have discuss this rules now and still on going on discussion, your emails not gonna make it any better or any faster for good result or the other way around.
They had intention to amend the rules not because they read this forum or because they know what we felt.
Who do you think we are that they want to read our emails telling about our desperation to stay in this country.
They own this country, they make the rules n they run this country as whatever they like. They can hire or get hundred of people much better in some ways than us and for sure much healthier than us to come to their country. we just like minority for them and they will not bother for that.
So please once more "Do Not Write an email" to them, just pray that the decision will come up very soon enough and let's God do the rest.

Cheers