Hepatitis B infection

bedazzled wrote:

MSC approves plan to change medical check-up procedure for foreigners

God bless H.H. Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan!
Let's pray that this rule stays forever.
BTW: The U.A.E. is the most leading country in the Middle East. They are really taking care about expats living in this country. The other G.C.C. countries should take a lesson and change their medical check-up procedures as well.

All praise for the god almighty, thanks its a good news!!!!!!

perdanasiswa wrote:

Every Body,

The law is CHANGED today.

This news is so fresh that I don't have the full details yet. Give me few hours and I will post more information here.

Good luck everybody.
perdanasiswa

they have not menntioned anything about hep b procedure that they r going to amend the rules of hep b from where did u get this information that the rules have changed i think may b they have not cllearly mentioned hope the good news to come soon

Rosemary Zhu wrote:

So far nobody knows what did they approve for the medical proposal?
:(

bedazzled wrote:

MSC approves plan to change medical check-up procedure for foreigners

Abu Dhabi, 6 June 2010 (WAM) - The Ministerial Service Commission (MSCMSC) held a meeting today at the Presidential Palace under the chairmanship of H.H. Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister & Minister of Presidential Affairs.

The MSCMSC members approved a proposal tabled by the Ministry of Health to amend categories of medical screening for foreigners who enter the country for residency, employment or education.

They also endorsed a draft federal law that aims to regulate licensing of healthcare facilities.

The MSCMSC members discussed the role of Ministry of Environment & Water in the face of climate change. The Ministry was asked to propose and implement a public policy about climate change and alternative energy.

Also approved was an amendment to federal law no. 24 for 1999 on environment protection. The members also reviewed closing accounts for a number of federal entities for the fiscal year ending on 31 December 2009.

© Copyright Emirates News Agency (WAM) 2010.

Afflicting waiting......
God bless.......
The good news coming soon......

Dear All,

My company have asked me to do the medical test tomorrow for my renewal near Al Safa Park. I am not sure if this the right clinic to go instead of Al Baraha but I cannot ask my boss to go to Al Baraha instead as I do not want him to think that I am trying to avoid something there. I hope this is okay.

JhannaElle

JhannaElle wrote:

Dear All,

My company have asked me to do the medical test tomorrow for my renewal near Al Safa Park. I am not sure if this the right clinic to go instead of Al Baraha but I cannot ask my boss to go to Al Baraha instead as I do not want him to think that I am trying to avoid something there. I hope this is okay.

JhannaElle

Rule is same in every medical clinic in dxb for renewal. so its gona be smooth. dont worry.

perdanasiswa wrote:

Every Body,

This news is so fresh that I don't have the full details yet. Give me few hours and I will post more information here.

Good luck everybody.
perdanasiswa

Members of this forum are confused that HBV was not mentioned clearly in the new law. Well any one who was following up the story since year 2008 and keeping track of how things unfolded since January this year, would have no doubt that this amendment is aimed at lifting HBV testing requirement (except for certain jobs).

So, let us examine the facts once again, shall we:

1- In year 2008, when the new law was introduced, the only change made then was imposing HBV tests. The cabinet decision then stated that it was being applied for trial period. This gives us indication that it was to be monitored and evaluated.

2- in January 2010, Al-bayan arabic news paper mentioned clearly that Ministry of Health was studying lifting HBV tests for new visas. The news paper gave end of March 2010 as tentative date for applying this change. You can see the link to this article in my previous posts.

3- a member of this forum "Arabian Tiger" reported early April 2010 that his company got confirmation from ministry of health that HBV test would be cancelled by end of April 2010.

4- in April 22, 2010 a meeting was held at the ministry of health with representatives from Dubai health authority and Abu Dhabi health Authority and prepared a proposal for changing the law. The proposal was to be submitted to the Cabinet for taking the official decision.

5- In May 2010, a member of this forum "Raheema" posted information she obtained from ministry of health insider stating that a decision is being awaited from the cabinet regarding canceling HBV tests. According to Raheema's info, it was a matter of weeks.

Therefore, by studying all the above and considering the timeline indicated by the above events, the only change expected in the new law that was just approved is none other than the HBV tests.

Despite all the above, no one knows when this will come into effect? I checked with Abu Dhabi preventive medicine (Abu dhabi health authority) and Dubai preventive medicine (Dubai health authority) and they have not received any new instructions. Which means, they are still testing for HBV for any new visa until they receive formal instructions to do otherwise.

regards,
Perdanasiswa

Appreciate Perdanasisiwa.

perdanasiswa wrote:
perdanasiswa wrote:

Every Body,

Good luck everybody.
perdanasiswa

Members of this forum are confused that HBV was not mentioned clearly in the new law. Well any one who was following up the story since year 2008 and keeping track of how things unfolded since January this year, would have no doubt that this amendment is aimed at lifting HBV testing requirement (except for certain jobs).

So, let us examine the facts once again, shall we:

1- In year 2008, when the new law was introduced, the only change made then was imposing HBV tests. The cabinet decision then stated that it was being applied for trial period. This gives us indication that it was to be monitored and evaluated.

2- in January 2010, Al-bayan arabic news paper mentioned clearly that Ministry of Health was studying lifting HBV tests for new visas. The news paper gave end of March 2010 as tentative date for applying this change. You can see the link to this article in my previous posts.

3- a member of this forum "Arabian Tiger" reported early April 2010 that his company got confirmation from ministry of health that HBV test would be cancelled by end of April 2010.

4- in April 22, 2010 a meeting was held at the ministry of health with representatives from Dubai health authority and Abu Dhabi health Authority and prepared a proposal for changing the law. The proposal was to be submitted to the Cabinet for taking the official decision.

5- In May 2010, a member of this forum "Raheema" posted information she obtained from ministry of health insider stating that a decision is being awaited from the cabinet regarding canceling HBV tests. According to Raheema's info, it was a matter of weeks.

Therefore, by studying all the above and considering the timeline indicated by the above events, the only change expected in the new law that was just approved is none other than the HBV tests.

Despite all the above, no one knows when this will come into effect? I checked with Abu Dhabi preventive medicine (Abu dhabi health authority) and Dubai preventive medicine (Dubai health authority) and they have not received any new instructions. Which means, they are still testing for HBV for any new visa until they receive formal instructions to do otherwise.

regards,
Perdanasiswa

i've read the news in emirates business 24/7 but they dont have the details of what change they made regarding expats medical test.still have to wait....

Expat medical test changes approved
By Wam
Published Monday, June 07, 2010

Sheikh Mansour chairing the meeting. (WAM)

The Ministerial Council of Services yesterday approved a proposal by the Ministry of Health to amend the expatriates' medical test system.

The meeting was chaired by Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Presidential Affairs and Council Chairman Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

The amendment is confined to the medical tests that people coming into the country for residence, work or study should take.

The council approved the compilation of a federal draft law to regulate the licensing of health institutions in the UAE.

Dear All,

I have done my medical test today in Al Safa and I will only get the result tomorrow.

I will update you soon.

JhannaElle

Dear Friend,
Good luck!

JhannaElle wrote:

Dear All,

I have done my medical test today in Al Safa and I will only get the result tomorrow.

I will update you soon.

JhannaElle

JhannaElle wrote:

Dear All,

I will update you soon.

JhannaElle

My test will be coming soon, good luck, for you and for all guys here

goodluck and godbless!!!!

JhannaElle wrote:

Dear All,

I will update you soon.

JhannaElle

Hi Every1,

This is really good news for all of us but the news is not yet clear until the decision take place in testing centers; I really appreciate Perdanasiswa research on this forum.

Any of us knows about the medical procedure in Saudi, I got a good offer there but I am helpless, any one can help me in this regards.

SIAS

Dear All,

I got my medical certificate and I am not really sure whats going on. I think I passed my test. I got my medical certificate in Al Safa this morning and it is mentioned "free from infectious disease" then I went straight to DNRD to submit my document for stamping.

Alhamdulillah! I hope I can fully relax now. I have been under stress ever since the new rule came. I will still continue to pray for other people. May God protect everyone of us.

JhannaElle

congrats jhanna elle that u got ur certificate stamped thats a really good news but if im not mistaken urs is renewal case isnt it?i think they were not creatingany problem for renewal cases only for fresh visa they were doing those tests for renewal they r testing hiv only well thanks to god it happened just becpz of almighty god.

Thank you so much!

Yes I am renewal case but was still very nervous and scared.

I am glad I am done with it now but I will continue to pray for others.

spk wrote:

congrats jhanna elle that u got ur certificate stamped thats a really good news but if im not mistaken urs is renewal case isnt it?i think they were not creatingany problem for renewal cases only for fresh visa they were doing those tests for renewal they r testing hiv only well thanks to god it happened just becpz of almighty god.

thanks perdanisisva,yes there was a confusion and u have cleared all my doubts its really amazing. may god bless u and all of us and hope the good news will come inshallah

Congratulations !
Do you think you have rid off HBV ? or they gave the certficate with HBV?

JhannaElle wrote:

Dear All,

I got my medical certificate and I am not really sure whats going on. I think I passed my test. I got my medical certificate in Al Safa this morning and it is mentioned "free from infectious disease" then I went straight to DNRD to submit my document for stamping.

Alhamdulillah! I hope I can fully relax now. I have been under stress ever since the new rule came. I will still continue to pray for other people. May God protect everyone of us.

JhannaElle

Thank you!

I still have my HBV but they test only for HIV for renewal.

Rosemary Zhu wrote:

Congratulations !
Do you think you have rid off HBV ? or they gave the certficate with HBV?

JhannaElle wrote:

Dear All,

JhannaElle

JhannaElle wrote:

Dear All,

I got my medical certificate ...
JhannaElle

Congratulations!

I was sure that you will be ok as it's renewal and you are not in that 6- categories which require a full check up.

Any way you are relaxed. Now go back to work :).

Regards.

Congratulation to everyone. I just talked to some official in Al Baraha hospital and they are saying that the new rule will not test for HBV. The new rule is passed already and they are just waiting for the confirmation date to implement this.

Thank you aadil84pk for bringing the good news. May God Bless you!

aadil84pk wrote:

Congratulation to everyone. I just talked to some official in Al Baraha hospital and they are saying that the new rule will not test for HBV. The new rule is passed already and they are just waiting for the confirmation date to implement this.

Amazing!
Thanks God let me found this forum!
It has been giving me encouragement every single day!
Finally all of us got the good news, god bless you guys and God bless Sheikh too...

Thank every one here again!

%

thats an amazing news which adil has brought firstly  thanks to God. God is really great who has answered our prayers ALHAMDOLILLAH and thanks to all the members of this forum who have been visiting the places to gather the information relating to it since long time andfinally by the god grace the struggle of the peole has come to an end.alhamdolillah alhamdolillah i m really happy for all of us

Dear all friends,
I can feel lot of joy on your faces. May GOD give long life. Just one quick question; HBV test is not required for visa renewal or it also has been removed from first time residence visa requirement???

Please update me if any body have further information on this issue.

Best of luck.

Saleem

HBV Tests in Other Middle East Countries:

SIAS wrote:

Hi Every1,

Any of us knows about the medical procedure in Saudi, I got a good offer there but I am helpless, any one can help me in this regards.

SIAS

Dear All:

It is frequently asked by members of this forum whether same rules apply else where in Gulf and Middle East Countries. This is a very valid question. Over the last two years or so, I have researched this to some extent and arrived at the following conclusion:

1- Qatar: testing for HBV is based on profession. So, if the applicant is not into medical career, hair saloon, food handler etc there will be no requirement to test for HBV. To get more insight into this you can refer to the following forum

http://www.qatarliving.com/discussion/m … -02dec2006

Actually, this forum lists posts from year 2006 until present. You will have to be patient and read through quite a bit to reach this conclusion.

2- Saudi Arabia: Testing for HBV is not required. I know this because I was contemplating a job offer from Saudi. A friend of mine living there did some research and asked around and got me insider information that it is not required. Having said that, I'm not sure if they would still test for those sensitive professions like Qatar and the new awaited law in UAE

3- Kuwait: testing for HBV is required. I got this information from Kuwait Oil Company brochure. Go to the following link

http://www.jerryvarghese.com/applyonlin … 04&FLAG=83

and click on

"To know more about working with Kuwait Oil Company click here"

Although this is a brochure of Kuwait Oil Company, it gives useful general information about obtaining visa and medical tests required.

4- Libya: Testing for HBV is required. You can refer to the following link:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=22129

5- Oman: not clear. Some people indicated that they had to test before traveling to Oman. Some where asked to test for HBV and other did not have this problem. So, I don't have confirmed info

6- Bahrain: not clear. But I know for sure that Bahrain has implemented the requirement to do medicals before traveling to Bahrain. They have designated centers in different countries.

This is what I know so far and it should be reliable information. I hope that this will be useful to you guys.

regards,
Perdanasiswa

perdanasiswa wrote:

SIAS wrote:

Hi Every1,

SIAS

Dear All:

It is frequently asked by members of this forum whether same rules apply else where in Gulf and Middle East Countries. This is a very valid question. Over the last two years or so, I have researched this to some extent and arrived at the following conclusion:

1- Qatar: testing for HBV is based on profession. So, if the applicant is not into medical career, hair saloon, food handler etc there will be no requirement to test for HBV. To get more insight into this you can refer to the following forum

Actually, this forum lists posts from year 2006 until present. You will have to be patient and read through quite a bit to reach this conclusion.

2- Saudi Arabia: Testing for HBV is not required. I know this because I was contemplating a job offer from Saudi. A friend of mine living there did some research and asked around and got me insider information that it is not required. Having said that, I'm not sure if they would still test for those sensitive professions like Qatar and the new awaited law in UAE

3- Kuwait: testing for HBV is required. I got this information from Kuwait Oil Company brochure. Go to the following link

and click on

Although this is a brochure of Kuwait Oil Company, it gives useful general information about obtaining visa and medical tests required.

5- Oman: not clear. Some people indicated that they had to test before traveling to Oman. Some where asked to test for HBV and other did not have this problem. So, I don't have confirmed info

6- Bahrain: not clear. But I know for sure that Bahrain has implemented the requirement to do medicals before traveling to Bahrain. They have designated centers in different countries.

This is what I know so far and it should be reliable information. I hope that this will be useful to you guys.

regards,
Perdanasiswa

Bahrain is required. its my personal experience. but it was 5 yrs back. i dont know the current status.

Thanks a lot Dude!!

Good Information.

Itapinnid

friendcircle wrote:
perdanasiswa wrote:

SIAS wrote:

Hi Every1,

SIAS

Dear All:

and click on

regards,
Perdanasiswa

Bahrain is required. its my personal experience. but it was 5 yrs back. i dont know the current status.

till now they have not mention in a news paper from which date they r going to implement the rule of not checking hbv?pls update soon coz i m not in uae so i cannot get gulf news

Hi,im happy for you and congrats, hope all people here will be able also to pass the medical and soon the law will be changed for the better. Praise God!!!!

JhannaElle wrote:

Dear All,

JhannaElle

I got my certificate also.

congrats!! praise god.. where did you have ur medicl test and are you for renewal? thanks

expat786 wrote:

Ya its renewal & its from Al Braha. Thanks Dude

jill13 wrote:

congrats!! praise god.. where did you have ur medicl test and are you for renewal? thanks

expat786 wrote:

is it true that if you apply for dependent visa, you will not undergo to a hbv testing? pls comment.thank you.

Many many congrats esp JhannaElle n expat786.....I am so happy for both of you:)

pls help me... my husband will take me there in dubai. i am hbsag positive, im so scared to undergo for a hbv testing. is it true that applying for dependent visa (housewife) will not undergo for that test? or is it the same for residence visa that will undergo for xray, hbv test? im praying every single day just to be with my husband there. pls. help me. godbless.

Thanks Dear

raheema wrote:

Many many congrats esp JhannaElle n expat786.....I am so happy for both of you:)

Wait for few days till the situation becomes clear as rule is already changed but its not published yet. keep reading this blog

stresslady wrote:

pls help me... my husband will take me there in dubai. i am hbsag positive, im so scared to undergo for a hbv testing. is it true that applying for dependent visa (housewife) will not undergo for that test? or is it the same for residence visa that will undergo for xray, hbv test? im praying every single day just to be with my husband there. pls. help me. godbless.