Hepatitis B infection

Alijadin thanks for sharing information,

But could you please explain what is the new rule is ? that mean for new visa what test will be required please tell me about this new rule ,

One thing more will it be applicable for the government hospitals as well? Looking forward for your kind response.

Regards
    Sagar

Just now I called on this number.The gentleman answering the phone was not aware of the law but he asked me to call tomorrow.Lets hope he gets the correct information by tomorrow.
God help us all.

Ozziedubai,

without existing the country upon cancellation you will have your new visa even with hep.b.  Al baraha is very helpful and kind, dont worry.

Wait till law come, it will come

ozziedubai wrote:

Thank u for your reply concern. I did not exit, my visa status is currently 'taadeel wadaa.' When they were taking blood this morning, my heart cried when I saw the guy tick the box on the screen where it said Hep B. I said this is it, game over!! lets hope they have room for discussion if the result tomorrow is positive. My new job is an office job (not exposed to food and hospitals), I am newly married, plus I am still young, so I'm safe and confident in saying that I pose no threat to the Dubai community! I blame the barber shop at mall of emirates for this, there is no other way I contracted this!!! 1000%

Dear Ali jandin,
Thank your for your email, I think the person whom you called ,maybe give wrong informaiton because Circular is not come to effect

Alijandin wrote:

Now I have called To Al-baraha hospital, to nomber 042727644,a gentlman picked up the phone and said new rules are effective
from today.

Greetings to All,
     We all should pray that new law implement soon so that it will be easy for all of us and also new comer for job in Dubai like me :).

Regards
   Sagar

I don't think so, even you have HBV ,so you can request them to wait for the new rule that will not have HBV test for new visa. Do you understand that?

ozziedubai wrote:

Thanks Mickey2000, but I'm not sure what law you are talking about. I'm also worried that a decision on my case will be made by tomorrow, so it will be before the new law is introduced. I still don't know what law you're talking about.

Thanks

my dear friend please check this.  Congratulations everyone!

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArti … ion=theuae

This is what everyone is waiting for.  God bless us all. 

UAE lifeline for Hepatitis, tuberculosis job aspirants
Asma Ali Zain

12 August 2010,
DUBAI — Hepatitis and tuberculosis are no longer deportable offences in the UAE except for a category of workers, according the new medical fitness testing rules published by the Dubai Health Authority on its website. However, implementation date of the new federal ruling is expected to be announced by the Ministry of Health soon.

As per the details published on the website, testing for Hepatitis B and C, highly infectious diseases of the liver and tuberculosis, are no longer part of the medical fitness testing rules that have been compulsory before obtaining a work permit or residency in the country until now.

However, people working as food handlers, maids, restaurant workers, nannies and educators/teachers are still required to undergo testing for Hepatitis and HIV as well as have a chest X-ray done. All other categories, including dependants such as housewives and parents, are only required to undertake the HIV test, both for new visas and renewals. Those testing positive for HIV will not be allowed to take up residency in the country.

A health ministry official had told Khaleej Times earlier that the new law was approved but did not give details. The changes have been approved but I cannot say what exactly unless we receive the approved copy of the law,” said Dr Mahmoud Fikri, CEO of Health Policies at the ministry.

Medical fitness centre representatives have said they have not been given any instructions regarding the changes. “We we heard changes are coming but until now we have not been given any go ahead,” said an employee requesting anonymity.

Residents going for medical testing before visa renewals have said the delay in the implementation of the law is affecting the status of their residency. A new resident of the country hopes the changed law will allow him to reunite with his family. “My wife tested positive for Hepatitis B and was not given a residency permit,” he said on the condition of anonymity.

“With implementation of this law, I hope to reunite with my family,” he said.

Likewise, a number of residents who have already landed jobs in the UAE have said they are eagerly awaiting changes in the law. “I have been given a paper that says I am medically unfit because I have Hepatitis though I have got an office job recently. I am very worried since I only have a few days left for my visit visa to expire,” said Umar S. “I may lose my job.”

Others hoped to be able to enter the country after being deported for either of the diseases. “During medical screening for my visa renewal, I was found to have TB of initial stage,” said S. Kumar.

“After being given 15 days treatment I was deported earlier this year. Will the changed rule mean I can come back?” he questioned.

asmaalizain@khaleejtimes.com

Dear bro and sis,

Today I visited to khalifa hospital seha center and I meet the Dr there and I asked him about coming changing specially hb+ and he told me the same policy has approved but not implimented but ishallah in ramzan it will be announce its delay because govt of UAE want to impliment this policy same time in all states of UAE. Thats why it taking some time to get approvel of all places.
Inshallah you will listen a good news soon... Ramdan kareem pray for all of us

sakhan

Cogratulation to all new rules will be like this Insh Allah soon.

UAE lifeline for Hepatitis, tuberculosis job aspirants Asma Ali Zain

12 August 2010 DUBAI — Hepatitis and tuberculosis are no longer deportable offences in the UAE except for a category of workers, according the new medical fitness testing rules published by the Dubai Health Authority on its website. However, implementation date of the new federal ruling is expected to be announced by the Ministry of Health soon.

As per the details published on the website, testing for Hepatitis B and C, highly infectious diseases of the liver and tuberculosis, are no longer part of the medical fitness testing rules that have been compulsory before obtaining a work permit or residency in the country until now.

However, people working as food handlers, maids, restaurant workers, nannies and educators/teachers are still required to undergo testing for Hepatitis and HIV as well as have a chest X-ray done. All other categories, including dependants such as housewives and parents, are only required to undertake the HIV test, both for new visas and renewals. Those testing positive for HIV will not be allowed to take up residency in the country.

A health ministry official had told Khaleej Times earlier that the new law was approved but did not give details. The changes have been approved but I cannot say what exactly unless we receive the approved copy of the law,” said Dr Mahmoud Fikri, CEO of Health Policies at the ministry.

Medical fitness centre representatives have said they have not been given any instructions regarding the changes. “We we heard changes are coming but until now we have not been given any go ahead,” said an employee requesting anonymity.

Residents going for medical testing before visa renewals have said the delay in the implementation of the law is affecting the status of their residency. A new resident of the country hopes the changed law will allow him to reunite with his family. “My wife tested positive for Hepatitis B and was not given a residency permit,” he said on the condition of anonymity.

“With implementation of this law, I hope to reunite with my family,” he said.

Likewise, a number of residents who have already landed jobs in the UAE have said they are eagerly awaiting changes in the law. “I have been given a paper that says I am medically unfit because I have Hepatitis though I have got an office job recently. I am very worried since I only have a few days left for my visit visa to expire,” said Umar S. “I may lose my job.”

Others hoped to be able to enter the country after being deported for either of the diseases. “During medical screening for my visa renewal, I was found to have TB of initial stage,” said S. Kumar.

“After being given 15 days treatment I was deported earlier this year. Will the changed rule mean I can come back?” he questioned.

asmaalizain@khaleejtimes.com

Thanks to Asma Alizain of Khaleej Times.

Guys, I urge everyone to send a thank you note to Asma. Her email address is asmaalizain@khaleejtimes.com

Ramdan Kareem to all you guys here!!!!!

this is really gr8 news and peace of mind for all of us..

i have very small clarfication required if you c the article from asma from khaleejtimes.. she wrote that this news is as per the update on DHA website.. where i tried getting this link but unable to find it...

so can some one able to get this link on dha website...

You can check details here.

http://www.dha.gov.ae/EN/ServiceCatalog … x?Data=107

Thanks for sharing Idel ,
                     But implementation is still awaiting we all should pray for this to applied this law soon . MAY ALLAH make it possible soon for this law implementation with in this Holly month of Ramadan Ameen.

One thing more will it be applicable to Dubai municipality hospitals too ?

Regards
   Sasgar

Dear All,
I came to meet big doctor in Government hospital yesterday( I cannot tell you the name of hospital because I promised doctor )He said that " wait ... 100 percent law will come in Ramadan time ,or maximum date is before Eid ) This is what I heard by myself.....
God bless you,

Law will work for all hosipals

sagar2 wrote:

Thanks for sharing Idel ,
                     But implementation is still awaiting we all should pray for this to applied this law soon . MAY ALLAH make it possible soon for this law implementation with in this Holly month of Ramadan Ameen.

One thing more will it be applicable to Dubai municipality hospitals too ?

Regards
   Sasgar

Mickey What about deported pple?

dear Henry,

For deported people also, I asked doctor .. but doctor said it is not sure, but should be clear out of system.

henrydets wrote:

Mickey What about deported pple?

its really a big relieve. Thanks GOD really praise him, all worries and doubts were replace by peace of mind. Congratulation to all members of this forum. I know that your all GOOD people trying to make a living and want the best for your family same as my husband who only wants the best for his family.GOD is always GOOD and dont forget to offer a thanksgiving prayer or mass regardless of our religion.God Bless us all!!!!!!!!!!!

jajuchi wrote:

hi guys,
I have been offered a managerial position in Dubai and the offer is really good. My only concern is that I am a passive Hepatitis B carrier. I have it since way back 1993. My wife does not have it and so are my kids.
The company wants me to come in thru a visit visa and then converts it into a working visa. I'm not really sure if my having a Hepatitis B infection would jeopardize my employment.
Please, anyone who's knowledgeable about visa procedure or have similar experience enlighten me on this one.
Thanks a lot.

jan

Hi Jan ,

I ahve just arrived here two weeks ago on a visitors visa and my company are my company are turning that into a residents visa. You ahve to ahve a blood test for this. A guy who joined with me was found to have Hepetitis after his blood test and has now had he visa cancled and sent home. It was very embarrassing for him as the police had to be informed. I suggest your honest with the company that have offered you the job and see what they say, I wouldn't want to wish the embarrassment that my collegue went through on anyone.

Chris

Hi Guys

Just Check Out This Link Of Middle East Health News. This Is What We Have Been Waiting For... Matter of Few Days

http://blog.ictforhealth.com/2010/08/changes-in-medical-fitness-tests-approved-by-the-health-ministry-in-uae-changes-in-medical-fitness-tests-approved-by-the-health-ministry-in-uae/

hi guys.....

the news was a God's blessing to each and everyone of us here in this forum.

but should we inform the company about our health status (+hepa b carrier)????

please enlighten me guys....

thank you and congratulations to all of us.......

In case you are waiting a law you should inform your company.

2ink....... wrote:

hi guys.....

the news was a God's blessing to each and everyone of us here in this forum.

but should we inform the company about our health status (+hepa b carrier)????

please enlighten me guys....

thank you and congratulations to all of us.......

My sister visa will be expired at 30th August 2010.If the new rule will not come in the mean time then what she can do?She already got medical unfit certrificate from Muhaisnah due to HBV positive.Now she is waiting for the new rule.Is there any possibility to implement the new rule within 10(ten) days.Please advice me.

canon,

if you dont want her to go back to your country she can apply for visit visa while waiting for the new rule of just stay here and pay for extension everyday, you can inquire in the immigration to be sure.

is your sis on new visa??????? if she is not new then housewife shouldnot b a prob.....secondly, is she completing her  1 month grace period too....

what if i am applying for a new visa as housewife?

Dear Mickey 2000 or other sincere friends,

hi...i joined this forum from the beginning and keep following useful information from you guys...Thank you so much.

I have a question.

I worked in the restaurant in the hotel in Dubai. And deported for HBV positive(healthy carrier)Last year(Not banned).

Do you think I can go back to work in the accounting or marketing department in the hotel not Food&Beverage?? The new law doesn't mention about working in the hotels....means if I don't handle the foods then I can work the other departments in the hotel...

What do you think? Am I right??

Could you tell me about your thoughts??

Looking forward to...

I do agree with canon,but i prefer you wait and stay

concern wrote:

canon,

if you dont want her to go back to your country she can apply for visit visa while waiting for the new rule of just stay here and pay for extension everyday, you can inquire in the immigration to be sure.

In my confidencial information, new rule should come during this Ramadan Time

Canon wrote:

My sister visa will be expired at 30th August 2010.If the new rule will not come in the mean time then what she can do?She already got medical unfit certrificate from Muhaisnah due to HBV positive.Now she is waiting for the new rule.Is there any possibility to implement the new rule within 10(ten) days.Please advice me.

Yes, your understanding is right,but......make sure that you didnot ban.

dain8719 wrote:

Dear Mickey 2000 or other sincere friends,

hi...i joined this forum from the beginning and keep following useful information from you guys...Thank you so much.

I have a question.

I worked in the restaurant in the hotel in Dubai. And deported for HBV positive(healthy carrier)Last year(Not banned).

Do you think I can go back to work in the accounting or marketing department in the hotel not Food&Beverage?? The new law doesn't mention about working in the hotels....means if I don't handle the foods then I can work the other departments in the hotel...

What do you think? Am I right??

Could you tell me about your thoughts??

Looking forward to...

hey guys
             I have one question regarding ban that's making me so worried as I said earlier my company sent me back to my country due to HBV as per they said they wont put any ban on me. I was taken to Aveer emigration for cancellation where they scanned my eyes , I asked that lady about the ban she said you can come back but before coming you should tell your visa sponsor to remove your eye scan I didn't get it. Any idea what does that mean?

Regards
    Sagar

I don't have this knowledge about this

sagar2 wrote:

hey guys
             I have one question regarding ban that's making me so worried as I said earlier my company sent me back to my country due to HBV as per they said they wont put any ban on me. I was taken to Aveer emigration for cancellation where they scanned my eyes , I asked that lady about the ban she said you can come back but before coming you should tell your visa sponsor to remove your eye scan I didn't get it. Any idea what does that mean?

Regards
    Sagar

Any update regarding new rule.My time almost finished.I am dissapointed.If anybody knows please update.

You can stay and wait , it is no problem for your time.don't disappoint.

Alif wrote:

Any update regarding new rule.My time almost finished.I am dissapointed.If anybody knows please update.

Dear Mickey2000
My entry permit will be expired on 30th August.Is it possible to over stay here without any problem?How many days remaining for your case?Please let me know.

I think rule have chance to come beofore 30 Aug 2010
what do your sponsor speak to you?

Alif wrote:

Dear Mickey2000
My entry permit will be expired on 30th August.Is it possible to over stay here without any problem?How many days remaining for your case?Please let me know.

Dear Mickey2000

My sponsor is my husband.If the new rule will not come within this time I have to go back.Now I need one clarification regarding this matter if I stay  over some days what will happen?Please confirm.

I cannot give you exact advice to you.. it is different case for different persons. sorry for that.

Alif wrote:

Dear Mickey2000

My sponsor is my husband.If the new rule will not come within this time I have to go back.Now I need one clarification regarding this matter if I stay  over some days what will happen?Please confirm.