Hepatitis B infection

concern wrote:

eywa30,

during those times maktoum is not giving consideration as well as other hospitals, al baraha has been following rules eversince and checking very carefully, in this way they found out that dubai is still giving consideration and they just followed it (just recently other hosp. like muhaisnah has started giving consideration bec. its in the law).  if this new law will be implemented, i advised everybody to just go to al baraha for their medical and they will be safe.

Thanks concern... but i guess you cannot choose a hospital or clinic by yourself its with the discretion of the company esp if they have their  own PRO... like for me they sent me to Dubai Hospital that maktoum hosp in deira so got no choice. if i come back and work in non 6 category are they going to track my records before? any idea? thanks....

eywa30,

i still dont know, but if you will have ur medical under the new law, they will follow what the law is saying so you will be safe, no need for them to look at your record.

concern wrote:

eywa30,

i still dont know, but if you will have ur medical under the new law, they will follow what the law is saying so you will be safe, no need for them to look at your record.

thank you so much concern i just hope that it'll be implemented..so kind of you... and i think its a good news for those people who went home due to denied visa. Dont lose HOPE just like Me.. God will help us.

Greetings to All,
                   I would like to know about ban status , how do I confirm it . I'm so worried please help me out guys . Hope to hear from you.

Regards
   Sagar

Members of this forum are confused about the interpretation of the new law. Well any one who was following up the story since year 2008 and keeping track of how things unfolded since January this year, would have no doubt that this amendment is aimed at lifting HBV testing requirement (except for the 6 categories).

So, let us examine the facts once again, shall we:

1- In year 2008, when the new law was introduced, the only change made then was imposing HBV tests. The cabinet decision then stated that it was being applied for trial period. This gives us indication that it was to be monitored and evaluated.

2- in January 2010, Al-bayan arabic news paper mentioned clearly that Ministry of Health was studying lifting HBV tests for new visas. The news paper gave end of March 2010 as tentative date for applying this change. You can see the link to this article in my previous posts.

3- a member of this forum "Arabian Tiger" reported early April 2010 that his company got confirmation from ministry of health that HBV test would be cancelled by end of April 2010.

4- in April 22, 2010 a meeting was held at the ministry of health with representatives from Dubai health authority and Abu Dhabi health Authority and prepared a proposal for changing the law. The proposal was to be submitted to the Cabinet for taking the official decision.

5- In May 2010, a member of this forum "Raheema" posted information she obtained from ministry of health insider stating that a decision is being awaited from the cabinet regarding canceling HBV tests. According to Raheema's info, it was a matter of weeks.

6- In June 6, 2010 the cabinet approved new testing procedures without giving details. However, one week later, Al-bayan Arabic newspaper published an article clearly stating that the new law is lifting HBV tests for new visas.

7- In any case, I agree the wording of the original news in Arabic that just came out few days ago were indeed a little confusing. But after all the news in Gulf News, Khaleej Times, and Emaratalyoum were very clear. All discussion of testing and deportation etc is LIMITED to the 6 CATEGORIES.

Therefore, by studying all the above and considering the timeline indicated by the above events, the only change expected in the new law that was just approved is none other than lifting HBV tests and limiting it to the 6 categories. This bring the testing criteria to the same conditions that were applicable prior to year 2008 law.

Dear Perdanasiswa, you really wrapped up the subject very well. Thanks alot for this.

eywa30 wrote:
concern wrote:

eywa30,

during those times maktoum is not giving consideration as well as other hospitals, al baraha has been following rules eversince and checking very carefully, in this way they found out that dubai is still giving consideration and they just followed it (just recently other hosp. like muhaisnah has started giving consideration bec. its in the law).  if this new law will be implemented, i advised everybody to just go to al baraha for their medical and they will be safe.

Thanks concern... but i guess you cannot choose a hospital or clinic by yourself its with the discretion of the company esp if they have their  own PRO... like for me they sent me to Dubai Hospital that maktoum hosp in deira so got no choice. if i come back and work in non 6 category are they going to track my records before? any idea? thanks....

Dear eywa30 & concern.

If you have read my story you will see my wife had to leave due to HBV+ on housewife visa applcation earlier this year.
I recently re-applied to immigration for a visit visa only for my wife and not a resident visa just so I could get her here (the UAE). However when my application went into immigration they refered me to SEHA, saying I must clear ban from SEHA. So immigration dont actually ban you, it is the Health Authority that has a ban put on the system which then shows up on the immigration computer system.
So until SEHA lift your ban they wont give you any kind of visa to return.
As I stated at the start of this week I have spoken to the Health Authority. Firstly they told me the law will come into affect 1 or 2 days after publication in the UAE gazette at the end of this month (august 2010). Secondly the very same day the law is in effect, I was told to go back to Health Authority to see my contact so I can get the ban lifted from them so I can apply for my wifes new residency visa. My contact will tell me the procedure to lift the ban on this date. Naturally when the ban is lifted my wife she will return, where upon she will not have to take the HBV test as she is not in the 6 catagories.

I have already said I will keep this forum informed on the process and procedures to lift a ban and enable all to return if they so wish. But the constant speculation about what may or may not happen or how the rules may be interpreted from all members is a bit bemusing, especially from all members that are not even here in the UAE! I understand you are all frustrated as I am but patience is the key. We have all waited a long time and another few days though they may seem like an eternity will soon pass.

All my information is from my personal experience and my contact in Health Authority, not from what I have read or heard. And I give you all my assurance I will immediatly update this forum when I have news on how to lift a ban.

eywa30,

so it means if ur hep.b is not active, you will not transmit it to anybody?

uk expat1971 wrote:
eywa30 wrote:
concern wrote:

eywa30,

Dear eywa30 & concern.

If you have read my story you will see my wife had to leave due to HBV+ on housewife visa applcation earlier this year.
I recently re-applied to immigration for a visit visa only for my wife and not a resident visa just so I could get her here (the UAE). However when my application went into immigration they refered me to SEHA, saying I must clear ban from SEHA. So immigration dont actually ban you, it is the Health Authority that has a ban put on the system which then shows up on the immigration computer system.
As I stated at the start of this week I have spoken to the Health Authority. Firstly they told me the law will come into affect 1 or 2 days after publication in the UAE gazette at the end of this month (august 2010). Secondly the very same day the law is in effect, I was told to go back to Health Authority to see my contact so I can get the ban lifted from them so I can apply for my wifes new residency visa. My contact will tell me the procedure to lift the ban on this date. Naturally when the ban is lifted my wife she will return, where upon she will not have to take the HBV test as she is not in the 6 catagories.

I have already said I will keep this forum informed on the process and procedures to lift a ban and enable all to return if they so wish. But the constant speculation about what may or may not happen or how the rules may be interpreted from all members is a bit bemusing, especially from all members that are not even here in the UAE! I understand you are all frustrated as I am but patience is the key. We have all waited a long time and another few days though they may seem like an eternity will soon pass.

All my information is from my personal experience and my contact in Health Authority, not from what I have read or heard. And I give you all my assurance I will immediatly update this forum when I have news on how to lift a ban.

Uk expat1971,
Thank you so much for your information and own experiences that you've shared. Do you have any idea if the ban from immigration is different from that SEHA that you've mentioned? I have friends from immigration that check my status and told me that I have NO ban and told me that I can come back on a visit visa. Im a little bit confused now if i can come back or not. anyway. please keep us posted on the status of your wife. All of you are all included in my prayer. Lets help each other. I know that GOD will grant our prayers. God bless!

uk expat1971 wrote:
eywa30 wrote:
concern wrote:

eywa30,

Dear eywa30 & concern.

Thax alot and God bless you.

perdanasiswa wrote:

Members of this forum are confused about the interpretation of the new law. Well any one who was following up the story since year 2008 and keeping track of how things unfolded since January this year, would have no doubt that this amendment is aimed at lifting HBV testing requirement (except for the 6 categories).

So, let us examine the facts once again, shall we:

1- In year 2008, when the new law was introduced, the only change made then was imposing HBV tests. The cabinet decision then stated that it was being applied for trial period. This gives us indication that it was to be monitored and evaluated.

2- in January 2010, Al-bayan arabic news paper mentioned clearly that Ministry of Health was studying lifting HBV tests for new visas. The news paper gave end of March 2010 as tentative date for applying this change. You can see the link to this article in my previous posts.

3- a member of this forum "Arabian Tiger" reported early April 2010 that his company got confirmation from ministry of health that HBV test would be cancelled by end of April 2010.

4- in April 22, 2010 a meeting was held at the ministry of health with representatives from Dubai health authority and Abu Dhabi health Authority and prepared a proposal for changing the law. The proposal was to be submitted to the Cabinet for taking the official decision.

5- In May 2010, a member of this forum "Raheema" posted information she obtained from ministry of health insider stating that a decision is being awaited from the cabinet regarding canceling HBV tests. According to Raheema's info, it was a matter of weeks.

6- In June 6, 2010 the cabinet approved new testing procedures without giving details. However, one week later, Al-bayan Arabic newspaper published an article clearly stating that the new law is lifting HBV tests for new visas.

7- In any case, I agree the wording of the original news in Arabic that just came out few days ago were indeed a little confusing. But after all the news in Gulf News, Khaleej Times, and Emaratalyoum were very clear. All discussion of testing and deportation etc is LIMITED to the 6 CATEGORIES.

Therefore, by studying all the above and considering the timeline indicated by the above events, the only change expected in the new law that was just approved is none other than lifting HBV tests and limiting it to the 6 categories. This bring the testing criteria to the same conditions that were applicable prior to year 2008 law.

Thax for your elaboration its very clear that the rule was about hpb.

guys,

i am the one who just got medical check yesterday,and i was informed just 1 hour ago, i have to leave this country.

so don't talk about the anounced law, just foucs on its implementation, the doctors are even never hear of this.

i feel very bad now, i don't know what can i do........

sailing wrote:

guys,

i am the one who just got medical check yesterday,and i was informed just 1 hour ago, i have to leave this country.

so don't talk about the anounced law, just foucs on its implementation, the doctors are even never hear of this.

Sailing, I feel sorry about that... what happened? Did u do ur medical in Dubai hospital? Just come back again and find another job that will not fall in six category... God bless! Be strong ok?

sailing wrote:

guys,

Is there anything that you can do about your case? Is'nt there is a confirmatory about your case? Don't lose hope I think you can still appeal on your case, you show them the print copy of the MOH revision of the decree. GOD BLESS

HI EVERYONE....
JUST READ THIS FORUM FOR MORE THAN A MONTH NOW AND SAME LIKE THE OTHER PEOPLE HERE WHO GETS STRONG DAY BY DAY SEEING A "LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL".... 

AS WHAT I READ FROM THE LATEST UPDATES, THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE NEW RULES WILL TAKE EFFECT BY END OF THE MONTH OR BY 1ST OF SEPTEMBER...

ANYONE WHO GETS MEDICAL TEST BEFORE THAT DATE WILL STILL COVER BY THE OLD RULES (WHICH IS DEPORTATION IF FIND HBV POSITIVE WHATEVER JOB CATEGORY)...IT SEEMS THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED TO SAILING... BUT DON'T LOOSE HOPE...JUST KEEP ON PRAYING THAT BY NEXT MONTH THE NEW RULE WILL BE IMPLEMENTED AND CAN COMEBACK TO UAE AND GET A JOB...JUST BE PATIENT EVERYONE TIME WILL COME FOR US....

thanks guys...

me check happened in Sharjah, one public clinic in SAIF ZONE of airpor
i will stay here till start of September, if this law can be confirmed to implemented there, then i can have retest.
who can confirm this implementation, please update us in first time.
thanks a lot......

sailing wrote:

thanks guys...

i will stay here till start of September, if this law can be confirmed to implemented there, then i can have retest.
thanks a lot......

Did you tell your sponsor regarding your case and with the revision with the new rules? by the way do they also test for hepatitis c?

danny1977 wrote:

HI EVERYONE....
JUST READ THIS FORUM FOR MORE THAN A MONTH NOW AND SAME LIKE THE OTHER PEOPLE HERE WHO GETS STRONG DAY BY DAY SEEING A "LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL".... 

AS WHAT I READ FROM THE LATEST UPDATES, THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE NEW RULES WILL TAKE EFFECT BY END OF THE MONTH OR BY 1ST OF SEPTEMBER...

ANYONE WHO GETS MEDICAL TEST BEFORE THAT DATE WILL STILL COVER BY THE OLD RULES (WHICH IS DEPORTATION IF FIND HBV POSITIVE WHATEVER JOB CATEGORY)...IT SEEMS THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED TO SAILING... BUT DON'T LOOSE HOPE...JUST KEEP ON PRAYING THAT BY NEXT MONTH THE NEW RULE WILL BE IMPLEMENTED AND CAN COMEBACK TO UAE AND GET A JOB...JUST BE PATIENT EVERYONE TIME WILL COME FOR US....

Hi danny! thank you for the word of wisdom. We just pray that the new law apply at the soonest possible time so people just like me can come back and work again... We should NEVER LOSE HOPE!!! After all theres always a RAINBOW after the RAIN... In my case, I just wanted to know that in the new LAW if they found out that you are positive in HBV and if youre gonna work in RESTAURANT as part of FOOD handler they will not DEPORT you??? am i right? they are just going to give you some medications as per the MOH and the company as well? Can u enlighten me... im getting confused.. thanks alot for ur help.May god bless us all! :)

I do agree with you, we are happy with new rule, don't play with our forum

rds wrote:

shyleshchandra;

If you don't understand plain english and want to doubt the authenticity of the news, its up to you. But don't curse here, or discouraged others.

Ayways, this their country and this is their rule, and you and I are just strangers here, so you don't have any right to curse their government and their rules.

I am very happy of the new rule.

If you are in doubt, wait for the law to be implemented and see for yourself. Don't just conclude negatively and discouraged others.

WHICH CLAUSE OF THE LAW YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND???

m_peks wrote:
sailing wrote:

thanks guys...

thanks a lot......

Did you tell your sponsor regarding your case and with the revision with the new rules? by the way do they also test for hepatitis c?

i told the sponsor about new rules, and he don't know it, and he ask the senior guy in that clinic, they don't know about the new rule.
so i think things can't be better in September, anyway, i am leaving, maybe i can come back when the new law is working....

Dear Sailing,
I am so sorry for your problem, but I am sure that authorities really must to invite you for retest, it is the law. Everybody who was deported had 2 checks!
If you will have the 2nd test with HBV +ve result BEFORE the implementation, they deport you and put ban on you.
If you will have the 2nd test with HBV +ve result AFTER the implementation, I don't have idea about your way.
If you will not go to retest and cancel your visa application now, you can leave the country without ban.
Maybe the person who said you that you should leave UAE want to keep you without ban?

T D 99 wrote:

Dear Sailing,
I am so sorry for your problem, but I am sure that authorities really must to invite you for retest, it is the law. Everybody who was deported had 2 checks!
If you will have the 2nd test with HBV +ve result BEFORE the implementation, they deport you and put ban on you.
If you will have the 2nd test with HBV +ve result AFTER the implementation, I don't have idea about your way.
If you will not go to retest and cancel your visa application now, you can leave the country without ban.
Maybe the person who said you that you should leave UAE want to keep you without ban?

exactely, the sponsor is telling like this. if they cancel the visa now, i won't be put in ban. so there might some other chance further.
if implemention can happen in following one or two month, it is very possible that i will come back.
but still i feel very bad, i don't know how to explain this with my friends, coleagues and family.

So, Sailing, I think in your situation it is not bad way to leave the country without ban and come back one or two months later without any problem.
I had this problem with explanations also when I was deported. Your family and close friends will give you support, and no need to explaine anything to another people who are not so close to you. Your health and your business are your private information.

its not worth the rey as they might reject u based on final medical tests done for the residency visa:(

Rds,
    first i apologise to any of my friends who had any pain on my posting or misunderstanding it. going through the articles on different news papers and the experiences of friends in this forum made me sensitive.dear friend u told that there is no right to curse the govt or their rules i am not taking advantage on those things what u told once again i apologise to u individually, as a member i am only eager to know whether this new law will favour our friends and me in this forum,then the other sentiments in my message depends upon my personnel factors.
Now i am coming into the new law on most of the dailies in regional languages i saw that they r telling that the test is stipulated for new comers and the people who applied for the 6 categories mentioned on the messages on this forum who found +ve for hbsag will give vaccination by having a small charge this area in the law was confused me.Any way I am only praying for all my friends in this forum and the others who r quitted by the law.It's not a case of job or working abroad it's matter of building a family with happiness in evry way
Once again my friends I am not discouraging and taking negative on all of u, I  am sure that
"GOD WILL BE GREAT TO ALL OF US" wait too short for the new rays
with praying and blessings
shylesh chandra

thanks to perdanasiswa for clearing  and wrapping the subject correctly,thanks

I understand the new law and how it applies to the 6 named categories of workers. I need more information about the Hep B test - does anyone know exactly which test is used? These are my results (not in UAE)
HBsAg  negative
HBsAb  positive
HBcAb  positive

Apparently I had hepb and recovered sometime in the past - that is what the doc says the 2 positives are. The negative says I am not a carrier according to doc. Does UAE health screen look at all of those or only the HBsAg?
I feel like I am being very picky but my job opportunity is one of those 6 still being tested.... and I need to know FOR SURE before I come to UAE.

Thank you. Your help is very much appreciated :)
(edit spelling)

saphire wrote:

I understand the new law and how it applies to the 6 named categories of workers. I need more information about the Hep B test - does anyone know exactly which test is used? These are my results (not in UAE)
HBsAg  negative
HBsAb  positive
HBcAb  positive

Apparently I had hepb and recovered sometime in the past - that is what the doc says the 2 positives are. The negative says I am not a carrier according to doc. Does UAE health screen look at all of those or only the HBsAg?
I feel like I am being very picky but my job opportunity is one of those 6 still being tested.... and I need to know FOR SURE before I come to UAE.

Thank you. Your help is very much appreciated :)
(edit spelling)

HBsAg  negative
this will be tested here,
you are safe.

Sailing - this is great news! Thank you soooooooo much! When I'm finally "in-country", I'll post a big ex-pat HOWDY!

Saphire, you are VERY VERY lucky to have cleared the virus. Most people clear the virus and they still have HBsAg positive, you are lucky to have HBsAg negative.

Yes, absolutely, in U.A.E they are only testing HBsAg ONLY and nothing more than that.

yes, I have heard HBV people still are deported in Abu Dhabi.:(
even they are treated like criminals.

saphire,

did the doctor told you how did you get rid of your HBsAg ?

Greetings to All,
                    Any one have gone through the situation like mine , I came here on employment visa but after my test found HBV and my company cancelled my current employment visa and sent me back to my country according to them they said they wont put ban on me, I just want to confirm about my status that am I ban or not. Please guys  .

We all should wait till next Thursday there is a good news for us Inshallah. some details regarding law and hepatitis and other diseases .

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/medical-test-dubai.php

Regards
   Sagar

Hi Sagar, u are not banned unless they had put a ban stamp in ur pass otherwise u not i had the same , but i still visit so which means we not banned if i was i couldnt have had a visit vise after my employee cancelled my vise, and i left as soon as possible to avoid the ban, then after 2 months i apllied for a visit vise to see family and all was ok so check ur pass if there is an ban stamp good luck...

guys,

i am very sorry to put a bad news here, my sponsor just update me the info that he got from ministry of Healthy, copy the message from my mail bellow:

Just to update we have talked to the Ministry of Health and the new regulation does not waive off on hepatitis and if found with that either gets deported or to be on the safer side we cancel the visa and ask the employee to exit the country added your future travels are not affected .  We will initiate your visa cancellation by next week and you will have 29 days time to exit the country once your visa is cancelled.

some body if you can confirm this from gov, please do it.

Is there any one who can please guide me where can I do a PCR (HBV DNA) test and other tests such as HBsAb, HBsAg, etc in Dubai.

Did any of you take treatment in Dubai, will you recommend any Hepatologist / Gastroentrologist here in Dubai. I have checked the Website and there are many hospitals, what I want to hear or find out is PERSONAL EXPERIENCES, personal stories from you guys on this forum.

Thanks in advance

ope wrote:

Hi Sagar, u are not banned unless they had put a ban stamp in ur pass otherwise u not i had the same , but i still visit so which means we not banned if i was i couldnt have had a visit vise after my employee cancelled my vise, and i left as soon as possible to avoid the ban, then after 2 months i apllied for a visit vise to see family and all was ok so check ur pass if there is an ban stamp good luck...

Hi ope! thank you for your message. I was relieved by it. May i just ask... When was your visa cancelled? Mine was February2010 and im still in my home country and I am planning to come back in Dubai after ramadan on a visit visa to visit my sister and fiancee. Might as well get a job in the office just to try my luck again. I am not losing hope. Before i used to work in an office but I was able to get a residence visa even if IM HBV positive but when I shift to the restaurant that was the time when my company sent me home because they found out that im HBV positive. They told me they dont put ban on me. So i can come back anytime right? Thank you so much..God bless..Hope you answer back my concern. :)

sailing wrote:

guys,

i am very sorry to put a bad news here, my sponsor just update me the info that he got from ministry of Healthy, copy the message from my mail bellow:

Just to update we have talked to the Ministry of Health and the new regulation does not waive off on hepatitis and if found with that either gets deported or to be on the safer side we cancel the visa and ask the employee to exit the country added your future travels are not affected .  We will initiate your visa cancellation by next week and you will have 29 days time to exit the country once your visa is cancelled.

some body if you can confirm this from gov, please do it.

Oh no sailing...im getting worried now.. or maybe they are not aware of the new law with regards to HBV... What can we do now? Sailing, my advice to you is just leave the country and come back if ever the new law will be implemented.. I left dubai last FEB2010 due to same reason but im planning to come back nex month..Inshallah! Keep posting and dont worry about the people around you. We are not bad people. Thanks!

Hi Sagar
last year sept  and early dec i went back again left march and went back again end of april for 3 month ,, so they should be a problem with u visiting i had twice 3month visit visa...good luck...

thanks ope but I only get worried that my sponsor said that send me your medical certificate before coming well let see hope every thing will be alright INSHALLAH till next Thursday but we all must keep praying . I'm also planning to visit dubai in next month after EID .

Regards
   Sagar