Hepatitis B infection

mgeorge wrote:

Dear fellows,

I have checked with a guy inside SEHA.He is telling, HBV testing is limited to only six categories of Visa.The New rules will be same as the rules before 2008.It was happened to be implemented from yesterday,But due to some issues(?)it is postponted to one or two weeks..Believe my words...kindle your hopes.

Warm Regards
Mgeorge

Dear Mgeorge,

Thank you for sharing your information with us. It happened to me before. I came in UAE with HBV positive but inactive. I was able to secure a residence visa (OFFICE JOB) even if im HBV positive but when I shifted to a restaurant I failed the medical check up and went home... My only advice if you want to work and come back again in UAE.. Try to find job that will not fall into six categories (food handlers, related to beauties and health etc). Guys lets hope and pray that we'll get the good news within the week.. God speed!

Regards,
eywa30

check this out

Work visa Dubai: medical screening requirements to change
25th August 2010 | Expat community | 0 comments

Work visa Dubai requirements are changing according to reports in the region. Expats in Dubai were told this week that health check requirements will be relaxed and medical screening for Hepatitis B and C will no longer constitute a condition of being granted a work visa.

Authorities in Dubai have issued a statement this week that reveals plans to remove Hepatitis B and C from their list of diseases that constitute automatic rejection of work visa applications. The move, which is believed to be a significant part of Dubai authorities' attempts to overhaul expat medical laws and cover gaps in the existing system: “Tests for Hepatitis B will only apply to six specified professions. The government will scrap all mandatory testing for Hepatitis C,” a Ministry of Health press release stated.

Speaking to the media in Dubai, the Health Ministry Executive Director, Dr Mahmoud Fikri revealed that the work visa requirements for Dubai had been agreed after seeking the professional opinion of expat health consultants in the region:

"Members from the Dubai Health Authority, Health Authority-Abu Dhabi and the Ministry of Health were involved in the technical committee," he said.

The six categories of workers who will be exempt from the new laws and will still require full testing for Hepatitis B and C are as follows:

Work visa Dubai: Mandatory-testing categories of employment
1.Nannies
2.Housemaids
3.Nursery and KG supervisors
4.Beauticians and barbers
5.Health club workers
6.Food handlers
Any workers who are found to have developed either of the blood diseases will no longer be deported but will be provided with treatment as opposed to being automatically deported as they have in the past. They will be provided with three doses of vaccinations, the first of which will be charged at Dh 50 with the remaining two being free of charge. Those undergoing vaccination will be required to show proof that they have taken the vaccinations prescribed.

Dr Mahmoud Fikri told the media that the new rules are to protect both the people and the society by making the UAE a disease-free place to live.

While the planned implementation date for the new medical test rules has yet to be announced, it is anticipated that the news rules will be implemented in a speedy fashion.

http://www.expatinfodesk.com/news/2010/ … to-change/

8001111 & 800 2742 are the toll free numbers

above is the number to call to clarrify the issue.

perdanasiswa wrote:
winstar99 wrote:

Dears,

i got a job in qatar with nice pay. As a Accountant. please some one help me to find out whether they are testing this HbsAg. I am deeply worried about this. If they test i will silently try to settle in U.A.E.

I tried in qatar site. but every one telling something

Qatar: testing for HBV is based on profession. So, if the applicant is not into medical career, hair saloon, food handler etc there will be no requirement to test for HBV. To get more insight into this you can refer to the following forum

http://www.qatarliving.com/discussion/m … -02dec2006

Actually, this forum lists posts from year 2006 until present. You will have to be patient and read through quite a bit to reach this conclusion.

hello Sir,

Thank you verymuch for your kind help .. Thank u so much

Dear Brothers and sisters
Today mornning i went to Al baraha hospital and i ask about the new low and the Doc told be it will be effective from comming Sunday 05/09/2010 anyone who has checked anyother testing center please update us,Good luck everyone next week nsha Allah.

henrydets wrote:

Dear Brothers and sisters
Today mornning i went to Al baraha hospital and i ask about the new low and the Doc told be it will be effective from comming Sunday 05/09/2010 anyone who has checked anyother testing center please update us,Good luck everyone next week nsha Allah.

thanks henry, really good news. i will stay DUBAI till the end of SEP, if this law can be implemented in that time in Sharjah, i think the manager can apply a new visa for me.

Hi Everyone.
A Good News for everyone here. I talked to Preventive Medicince Department in Al Baraha Hospital just now and they were saying that the new Law is implemented now. No one (except 6 categories) will be deported now with HBsAg +ive. Alhamdulilaah.... Thanks to Allah and Congratulation to you all.

wow, dats a very nice gift to everyone here.  May God Bless us all and to all the people who have been understanding and so kind to implement this rule :)

A big Amen to the god of wonders we have to thank him too much for this what he has proven to us ,,,,,he has heard our cry... am  off to dubai in 2wks time will update you on how my visa will go,, i know and believe this time i will get it since God has already opened the door for me ...

aadil84pk
How u came to know that the law is already implemented?Have u gone to Al Baraha hospital or u talked over telephone?Please confirm.I have also one information(not sure) from Muhaisnah that new law will implement from next sunday.

Alif wrote:

aadil84pk
How u came to know that the law is already implemented?Have u gone to Al Baraha hospital or u talked over telephone?Please confirm.I have also one information(not sure) from Muhaisnah that new law will implement from next sunday.

Thax for confirming from Muhaisnah myself i went to Al baraha hospital specificaly to confirm now we have two centers saying on Sunday is the day Al Baraha and Muhaisnah guys do more confirmations.

Alif wrote:

aadil84pk

Hi,
I am in contact with one Senior official since January this year & have been asking the information from the same offcial. Today i got confirmation that Alhamdulilaah they are giving Clearence to people with HBsAg +ive.
One more thing; Everyone will be tested for HBsAg uptill now but the result will be discarded since in the systems (softwares) this test is still present.

ope wrote:

A big Amen to the god of wonders we have to thank him too much for this what he has proven to us ,,,,,he has heard our cry... am  off to dubai in 2wks time will update you on how my visa will go,, i know and believe this time i will get it since God has already opened the door for me ...

Dear Ope, how are you going to come back in dubai? are u in ur home country? I might come back at the end of this month.. please let me know... Thanks be to GOD... :)

greetings to all,
                  We must thank to ALLAH hope this Sunday will be the day of you reward we have been waiting for . Well Im also planning to come back after EID till the end of this September hopefully INSHALLAH so catch up with you guys . ope and eywa30 you both are also coming back see you arround.

Regards
    Sagar

Dear All brothers and sisters ( especally salling )
Our problem will be solve in weeks, so you don't worry about HBV if you are not 6 cat. because Ministry of Health said very clear , for me, more problem than you .. I don't want to say how problem I had... Only thing is Hope... can make you survive.  We didnot hope without reason ,but all supported information about new rule, also it mensiton every clear that U.A.E. need to solve problem for incresing number of workers that we do agree. It is very near , new law will come. I don't know from other state much, but In ajman, they said they already implement for new test. God bless you,

mickey2000 you and some other members who have been so help full to all of us for gathering update information about new rule , I hope it will implement fully to entire U.A.E . Any one know when it will be implement in DUBAI .

Regards
  Sagar

I will offer mass on sunday in our church for all my brother and sister in this forum who keeps on hoping and believing. It is a thank you offering and for good health. God bless everyone
I know there's a reward store for all of you.

My entry visa already expired.If the new law will come next Sunday,what should I do?I have gone immigration also.They told me for over stay you have to pay AED15/day.Can anybody give suggesstion me?

who has the news of the law implemention in Sharjah?

Does any one know about current month gazette is it released ? hope some one have this information , if its released so did some one read about this hepatitis rule amendment in it?

Regards
   Sagar

The below news is the one we got before but is more clear and simple mine is to keep the foram alive.there is no deportation for hepatitis B.
Rules Relaxed on workers Health Ckecks in UAE
ABU DHABI // Thousands of people with communicable diseases could be granted work permits after an overhaul of residency medical law.
Tests for hepatitis B will only apply to six specified professions, the Ministry of Health said yesterday. It will scrap all mandatory testing for hepatitis C. Testing for HIV/Aids remains in place and any expatriate who tests positive will be deported, the ministry said.
Examinations for both forms of hepatitis, a blood disease, previously applied to every expatriate wanting to live and work in the Emirates. Dr Mahmoud Fikri, the ministry's executive director of health policies, said the changes were made after consulting a broad range of medical officials.
“Members from the Dubai Health Authority, Health Authority-Abu Dhabi and the Ministry of Health were involved in the technical committee,” he said. “This is the criteria. It is the same as other Gulf countries and will apply everywhere.”
Senior officials in Abu Dhabi and Dubai have spoken openly about their desire to amend the residency medical law, particularly those articles governing TB. Dr Ali al Marzouqi, the Dubai Health Authority head of public health and safety, said two months ago that the Federal law governing deportation of TB patients was outdated.
The management of some communicable diseases has come under fire in recent years from organisations such as the United Nations, as officials expressed concern about government policies driving illnesses such as TB underground because of the threat of deportation.
The six categories of expatriates affected are nannies; housemaids; nursery and kindergarten supervisors; workers in hairdressing saloons, beauty centres and health clubs; anyone working in processing or food-control authorities; and those employed in cafes and restaurants.
There was some confusion over the issue of mandatory pregnancy tests for maids, nannies and female drivers. Dr Fikri introduced it as a new provision despite its existence in the original 2008 law.
“This will be mandatory now,” he said. “We will do the test and then it will be the decision of the sponsor about whether he wants to proceed or not.” He declined to say what would happen if a positive result came from an unmarried woman.
The amendments to Article 2 of the original 2008 Ministry of Health law makes a hepatitis B vaccination mandatory on arrival in the UAE for the six categories.
“The hepatitis B vaccine must be given for the negative cases of the new six categories' arrivals on condition that they should take three doses and provide a certificate proving the dose,” the law states.
There were 479 cases of hepatitis C diagnosed in Abu Dhabi last year, 77 per cent of which involved expatriates, figures from the Health Authority-Abu Dhabi showed. Of last year's 145 Abu Dhabi syphilis cases, 93 were found in expats. Figures from Dubai for 2008, the most recent available, show 48 of 52 cases of syphilis, 275 of 399 cases of hepatitis C and 802 of 864 hepatitis B cases involved expatriates. Syphilis testing will also apply only to the six professions and positive results will not result in deportation.
“Treatment must be provided to all positive cases before obtaining the health certificate for residency,” the amended law reads.
The rules governing tuberculosis will also be relaxed under the new amendment. Only patients with “new, old or active pulmonary tuberculosis (TB)” will be refused residency, the law says. Previously extra-pulmonary TB and active pneumonia were also deportable. TB tests as a requirement of renewal of visas have been scrapped.
Nidal al Kabbah, the senior charge nurse at the infectious disease unit at Rashid Hospital, praised the Ministry of Health for making the changes. His unit received 134 cases of pulmonary TB and a further 15 other varieties of the disease last year, he said. It was not known how many involved expats.
“It is great that they are encouraging and supporting every human being's right to live and work,” he said. “At the same time, they are protecting the population who are already living and working here.”
Certain diseases should remain on the list of deportable diseases because of the increased risk they posed to the general public, Mr al Kabbah said. The hepatitis B bacteria, for example, can survive on surfaces outside the body for as long as two months.
“It is very important to test certain people for hepatitis B,” he said. “Imagine if someone in a kitchen cut themselves without realising it. The virus would spread.”
Posted by sonukatha at 1:56 AM   
Labels: Health Card

Hi all.Any confirmation on implementation of new law?

salam guys any latest information about implementation of law?

I just called Ministry of Health customer service today at (04) 3966000 and they told me that the law has been implemented. They ask me to check with AL Baraha, preventive medicine department ,they gave me a number  (04) 2731161. However, when spoke to them, it seems that they cannot understand each other as they cannot understand english well.

Can someone who speaks arabic please call that number please. So that we would know if the new law has been implemented in AL Baraha already.

Hi to all,

I read Friday's post that's why I called in Al baraha official. He told me that they are about to start to implement the new rule but they have a problem to their system right now. He told me to call by tommorrow morning.

Aya

Guys, please, can somebody to call Sharjah Municipality Hospital and ask them about implementation in Sharjah?
My English is poor and I do not speak Arabic.
I am already here in Sharjah and my test will be very soon! May be tomorrow... I am +ve..
Telephone of the Reception Sh. Municipality Hospital is 06 5068260
Please, help, brothers

mikey2000,henrydets,concern come we all are waiting to hear any updates from you . Hope to hear from you soon with good new of implementation . I have received my health status from my doctor today before I sent my reports and status I want to know the confirmation of new rule implement so that it wont be a problem for me to get resident visa .

Regards
   Sagar

Do you know how can we check if the Gazette has been published or no ?

I must have spent more than 10 hours just to find the Website or perhaps the publication date for the officail UAE gazette but I couldn't find anything about it. Although I was able to find the website for the Abu Dhabi Official Gazette but that wont help us, we need to know about the UAE Official Gazette.

Guys, my advice to everyone is to WAIT and be patient. Don't take any risk. By the Grace of God, the law will be implemented before Eid, I mean this week.

Please note that all the Government Departments will be closed as of Wednesday for Eid Holidays, so even if you took a risk and the did the medical Test (before the law is actually implemented), you wont be able to renew your visa or apply for a new one, becuase tomorrow will be Monday and it takes two days atleast for the Medical Certificate to be issued.

sagar2 wrote:

mikey2000,henrydets,concern come we all are waiting to hear any updates from you . Hope to hear from you soon with good new of implementation . I have received my health status from my doctor today before I sent my reports and status I want to know the confirmation of new rule implement so that it wont be a problem for me to get resident visa .

Regards
   Sagar

Dear Brothers and Sisters

Before i posted that the law will be applied as from today,Today mornning i went to al Baraha and to same Doctor told me that they have been informed to start after EID is good that the low is changed only the day of adopting is remaining please let us not giveup is only this week and all will be clear thax everyone and let us pray for each other.EID mubarak to all.

Dear all,

I went to Health Authority today and my contact says it will take another week for law to be implemented (they too said it would be after Eid). I have tried to push the person for a date but unfortunatly this person cannot give any further information as they are amazed (like everyone of us) it is not started yet too! They also said the gazette not published yet.
I will keep in daily communication with my contact now until I can report the law is implemented.

Thank you one and all who shared the latest information regarding the new law.

I have 100% hope that the new law may be implemented before EID.

Hi everyone with the news about the supposed new rules that they will not include hepa b and c, tb as deportable disease in medical to get a residency in UAE anyone could share their thoughts  for example you were tested positive for Hepatitis B and was given a work ban, with this new rule, does this mean that the ban will be lifted if the banned person job is not one of the six specified professions.

can anyone give me thoughts about this because i have a friend  who has the same situation she supposed to get her residency visa but when she had her medical she failed becuase she had a hepa b her company waned her to sty but then it is the ministry of health who decide that she needs to be deported and worst case is in here cancellation paper they put permanent ban reason is health , is there any way this ban will be lifted if the rules will change?Hope i could get your opinion about this case
I would really appreciate your reply because i have a friend who have the same situation.

just want to thanks everyone for their effort to write on this blog. I checked this every morning to get some new update regarding our case. It helps me a lot... Thank you Very Much! Good luck to everyone... really GOD is LOVE. Still Miracles Happens Today.

Hi to all,

I called again to same person with whom I called yesterday in Al Baraha, now he told me that just wait until after ied.

gerryanded wrote:

Hi everyone with the news about the supposed new rules that they will not include hepa b and c, tb as deportable disease in medical to get a residency in UAE anyone could share their thoughts  for example you were tested positive for Hepatitis B and was given a work ban, with this new rule, does this mean that the ban will be lifted if the banned person job is not one of the six specified professions.

can anyone give me thoughts about this because i have a friend  who has the same situation she supposed to get her residency visa but when she had her medical she failed becuase she had a hepa b her company waned her to sty but then it is the ministry of health who decide that she needs to be deported and worst case is in here cancellation paper they put permanent ban reason is health , is there any way this ban will be lifted if the rules will change?Hope i could get your opinion about this case
I would really appreciate your reply because i have a friend who have the same situation.

Whatever happened to your Friend happened to all who were deported due to hepb,i think it will be possible for the ban to be lifted lets wait and see after Eid coz a lot of pple in this forum have similar issues. God willing everything will be ok.

henrydets wrote:
gerryanded wrote:

Whatever happened to your Friend happened to all who were deported due to hepb,i think it will be possible for the ban to be lifted lets wait and see after Eid coz a lot of pple in this forum have similar issues. God willing everything will be ok.

We have all the same problem and situation. I found out that I have a one year ban so its not possible for me to come back after ramadan. My ban would be finish on Feb2011. They told me that UAE is putting an automatic ban for those people who are deported due to medical reasons...  (sigh*) I am so upset with my situation now but still trying to hold on and not losing hope in gods grace. Guys, lets pray that all of our problems will come to an end and to have a better outcome in favour for us esp with the new law. God bless you all.

i will back home this end of SEP for HEP B, and i checked with my sponsor, he just said this law is not implemented yet. if you ask the officer, they will say it is implemented, but if you are ask them to give a writting copy for this, they will reject.

Hello everyone!
Hope you're all doing well.
I have been following you guys since last july, that is when I was diagnosed hep b carrier and deported from the UAE.
This is great news that the law had been changed and that the ammendment is yet to be implemented.

My question would be, for those who have already been banned will they be able to re-inter the UAE as it was a permanent ban stamp? (Given that they work in offices)

Also, there are some good chances that I will clear the virus, considering it was a permanent ban will they be able to lift it?

I tried calling the immigration and the ministry of health but for some reasons I ca not get through fron outside.

Would someone or anyone please help me clarify this information if they have any knowledge about it?

Thank you very much in advance and please people, never lose hope!

There may be a way for all of us to become "normal" again!

Stay Blessed You All.

henrydets wrote:
sagar2 wrote:

Regards
   Sagar

Dear Brothers and Sisters

Before i posted that the law will be applied as from today,Today mornning i went to al Baraha and to same Doctor told me that they have been informed to start after EID is good that the low is changed only the day of adopting is remaining please let us not giveup is only this week and all will be clear thax everyone and let us pray for each other.EID mubarak to all.

INSHALLAH every thing will be alright after EID and new rule will be implement for sure. in Advace HAPPAY EID :) ./

Regards
  Sagar