Hepatitis B infection

Hi. Mr. Krishna's line is 02-419-3275. That's his direct line. :)
You can ask him about that. :) God bless.

gerryanded wrote:

Hi Bingcai,

it was great to hear that you already got your med. certificate about this Mr. Krisna does he handles all the medical certificate for Dubai and other emirates and what about for freezone is this the same regulatory body who handles the same decision?I want to know if you have his email address or direct line so i could require to check the new rules and probably inquire if there is any hope to those who are giving permanent ban.

Hi uk expat1971,
You mention you too is working to lift a ban for your wife i hope you could get a feedback soon for this will help the others too.

hi stiff check ur inbox

i wnt to knw whats mean treatment wil provid 2 positive case ,im cabin crew but i was deported so if the ruels wil be implemted i can baking to dubai

There are repeated questions posted here about similar rules in Saudi, Oman, Qatar and other states.

I have started new forums for each country where hopefully we can get the same kind of discussion we started here to cover these other countries and help people considering career in these countries.

For each country look for "Hepatitis Infection".

For bahrain, use the following link:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=30461

I hope you find this useful.

Good Morning All,

Today is the first working day of this week. Any news about law implimentation>>>> or any developments.

Have a nice day.

Hi All
This morning I called Muhaisnah clinic and the person told me that the law is implemented from today.You can confirm on 045023913.The name of the person is Mr.Abdul Mannar.
       I asked him regarding lifting of the ban but he was not able to answer and said that I should check with Immigration department.
       Can somebody Arabic speaking confirm this??

mickey is right, today is the implementation of the new rule.  lifting of the ban is definitely will come true.  congrats everybody !!!

thank you Lord... you love us very much... to everybody... from al baraha hospital the rules is already implemented..

Hi All,

Thanks for the reply to my inquiries ..is thsi really true that starting today all the clinic in Dubai are implementing the new rules ? and how sure is the issue of lifting the ban is there anyway we can confirm with how immigration do this besides the testimony of Stiff is there some moretestimony to be safe before taking the next step...

thank you Lord... you love us very much... to everybody... from al baraha hospital the rules is already implemented..

hi friends,is dis true that the ruleshave been implemented from today?if it so thats an amazing and greet news for all of us thank to almighty god.May god help deported people also hope there will b a gud news for deported people also inshallah.

thank god for this hearing our prayers.friends pray hard for deported people like us also.we need nothing just to live with our families...thats we need.hope the uae govt will show justice to even deported people also.friends if anyone of you get any good information abt lifting the ban please do share with us..

dear uk expat1971

did you get any information abt lifting the ban.please do share with us.

Hi,
can anybody confirm the implemention in Sharjah please??

i am a leaving guy... give me some hope...

Guys, TODAY is the day!!!! I just called Al Muhaisnah Clinic and Knowledge Village Medical Fitness. They said that the new law has been implemented today =) Hepatitis B is no longer tested... We bring back the glory to you oh GOD!!!!

God bless you all =)

hi friday,
do have idea for this i have the result i got last aug.25 at mohaisna medical, which is unfit... what i gonna do now? do i need to have a test again?

Fridays wrote:

Guys, TODAY is the day!!!! I just called Al Muhaisnah Clinic and Knowledge Village Medical Fitness. They said that the new law has been implemented today =) Hepatitis B is no longer tested... We bring back the glory to you oh GOD!!!!

God bless you all =)

Anyway to get this in writing???

Fridays wrote:

God bless you all =)

Hi Hopeless Architect

Does your job fall under the 6 categories? If so, they will still test for Hepatitis B.

mikey2000 have you confirmed this that new rule has been implemented but what about newpaper tehre is no annoucement so far for this ? Please get this written so it will be more confirmed.

Regards
   Sagar

Dear All,

I contacted the Director's office - Disease Prevention Center at HAAD (Health Authority of Abu Dhabi) - Al Ain Branch and they told me that the new law is already implemented. But she made it very CLEAR that the System (Software System) is still not updated and they are still Checking Hepatitis B for both renewal and new cases. She clarified further that as long as the person is not from the six categories, they will given be given Medical Fitness Certificate, even if they are found to be positive.

I am going to do my Medical Test tomorrow, I have been waiting for a long time.

My Personal advice to everyone is: If you have time, WAIT and Wait and Wait. It is thousand times better that you have medical Checkup where they DON'T actually check you for the Hep B compared to having a Medical Checkup, Found Positive but still given a certificate.

Does anyone know anything of adnoc rules and if they will be changing any time soon? perhaps different adnoc subsidiaries havedifferent rules?

Dear All,

There is confirmed news that new rule has been implimented from today onwards.

Congratulation to you all

Thanks to God - and continue to pray those who are waiting for medical fitness to get their medical fitness certificate soon.

Where is this reference from? We all need something in writing (as I have to show my HR)

IGNATIUS wrote:

Dear All,

There is confirmed news that new rule has been implimented from today onwards.

Congratulation to you all

Thanks to God - and continue to pray those who are waiting for medical fitness to get their medical fitness certificate soon.

Hi all,

Did any body receive any feedback, from either HAAD or newspapers, those who sent mail regarding new rule implementation?

Let us wait for one more days??

Hi,
As per me Implimentation circular sending internaly.But it is sure that Law is implimented. If anyone want to check go to any one fitnes centre and recofirm for the same.

This news is 100% .

God bless you all.

mohdiqbal wrote:

Dear All,

My Personal advice to everyone is: If you have time, WAIT and Wait and Wait. It is thousand times better that you have medical Checkup where they DON'T actually check you for the Hep B compared to having a Medical Checkup, Found Positive but still given a certificate.

I believe that they will test us for hep B even after the new system is implemented!

No one here from sharjah??????

please check it for sailing..... sailing hopefully everything will be alright....

sailing wrote:

Hi,
can anybody confirm the implemention in Sharjah please??

i am a leaving guy... give me some hope...

mohdiqbal wrote:

Dear All,

Why it is 1000 times better????

Dear all brothers ,and sisters in this forum,
Today it will be last day for me to share with you because I have so many works to do ,and I knew everyone will be cleared safely.
Today I went to make medical test ( I am not mentioned place ) myself , and I got medical fitness already from hospital. Circular was came already for sure in front of me ,and I got medical fitness cert.
Now I am free , and I knew all of you will be free also, for person who were deport before, all immigrations are clearing all people who were deported for HBV,

For new comers, and deported expats.... sure can come back to U.A.E.

God bless all of you, tomorrow I will take my passport from Immigration,
Best of luck,

Hi Stiff,

I just email my friend yesterday i told here about the case of yours that your ban was lifted out so she can discuss this with their PRO but she asked me if i could get your husbands contact details so she can call your husband to check about the issue if that is okay with you because here boss told her not to believe in what the new rules for medical because this might be just be a drama only by the UAE government just to pacify the people who are affected like us to see hope but  truth is a set of drama sorry for saying this but i just want to make sure that everything is being put up into rules before going into action that is only my concern here.

Hi Mickey2000,

Great to hear that youve got your med. certificate already and for the circular you said you already got a copy of that is it possible that we could ask a copy if that is okay with you.

Regards,

Ministry of Health Announces Amendments to Expats Medical Check ups

Monday, 23, August 2010 Category: News

Hanif Hassan: No Additional Fees and Amendment Includes 5 Articles

The Ministry of Health announced the amendment of certain provisions of the Cabinet Decision No. (7) for the year 2008 concerning the labor and residence medical checkup system for expatriates following the approval of the Cabinet on these amendments.

Hi Excellency Dr. Hanif Hassan, UAE Minister of Health, said: “The latest amendments are designed to eliminate any existing gaps as a result of the increased numbers of foreign labors to work or reside in the UAE. No additional fees to be increased for the checkups hence they remain the same i.e: 250 Dhs for certificate of diseases that pose threat to the public health such as AIDS, hepatitis (b), tuberculosis, leprosy, syphilis, 50 Dhs for examination of domestic maids, 50 Dhs for the first dose of immunization against hepatitis (b), hence the second and third doses of the same immunization are free of charge, 200 Dhs for the authentication of health insurance from the private sector”.

His Excellency Dr. Hanif Hassan explained that the new amendments modified 5 articles of 12 covered by the previous decision thus replaced articles 2,3,4,5 and 10 of the cabinet decision No. (7) of 2008 concerning the expats labor and residence medical checkups.

His Excellency added that the ministry plans to increase the numbers of labor medical checkup centers, if necessary, reassuring that the amendments of previous labor medical checkup system are made to develop work in the health sector and protect both nationals and residents from infectious and communicable diseases that world is experiencing nowadays and can be transferred into diseases that cannot be resisted according to the reports of international health organizations.

His Excellency Dr. Hanif Hassan called to activate the labor medical checkup centers and use the latest technologies in light of the great progress and development around the world, pointing out that the Ministry of Health is planning to develop plans and systems that guarantee the highest degrees of accuracy and health safety. Due to the existence of many nationalities in the country, the UAE had to set up an integrated accurate system that is subject to continuous development whenever the need arises.

The amendments of the law where as follows:

Article (2):

All expats arriving to the UAE for the purpose of working, studying or residing must make medical checkups provided in the provisions of the law that determine the conditions for granting residence or renewal visas according to the types of injuries or the following categories:

1-AIDS:

Tests are needed to detect the disease for all expats arriving to the UAE either for residency or labor for the first time or when renewal. The residence or labor visa are not granted to positive cases for the first time or when renewal as they are considered inappropriate.

2-Hepatitis (B):

a-The labor medical checkup is limited to the new arrivals either for labor or residency for the following 6 categories: nannies, housemaids, nursery and kindergarten supervisors, workers in hairdresser saloons, beauty centers and health clubs, workers in processing and food control authorities, workers in cafeterias and restaurants.

b-residence or labor residence or renewal visa shall not be granted to positive cases.

c-The vaccine must be given for the negative cases of the new 6 categories arrivals on condition that they should take 3 doses and provided a certificate proving the dose. At the time of residence visa renewal, they must show a vaccination certificate for approval or exemption from the vaccine. In case they do not show this certificate at the time of renewal, the vaccination must be taken again and an additional fee of 500 Dhs must be paid.

3-Tuberculosis Test:

Tuberculosis is limited to tuberculosis only. The tests are made for new arrivals only but all cases suffering from new, old, or active pulmonary tuberculosis are non-medically fit and shall not be granted residence visa.

4-Leprosy Test:

Leprosy test is made for new arrivals at the time of issuing residency visa for the first time. At the time of renewal, the residency visa is not permitted to all positive cases.

5-Pregnancy Test:

All maids, nannies and female drivers must have a pregnancy test before issuing the certificate of diseases that pose threat to the public health. In case of positive pregnancy, the sponsor has the choice either to allow her working for him or not. If the sponsor refuses, then he must write a written consent with his acknowledgment of the test result.

Article (3):

Syphilis test is limited to all the previous mentioned 6 categories whether at the time of issuing a new or renewed residence visa. The treatment must be provided to all positive cases before obtaining the health certificate.

Article (4):

With regards to the provisions of the articles of this decision, all members of UAE nationals such as husband, wife, children and parents who carry the UAE nationality or non-holders are exempted from this decision.

Article (5):

All positive cases for the diseases that are described in article (2) of decision must take all preventative procedures for the diseases that may pose threat to the public health stipulated in the federal law No. (27) of 1981 concerning the protection of communicable diseases. The procedures include:

Deportation of all positive cases that prove to have such diseases at the time of residence visa or renewal according to the medical checkup results. All concerned health authorities determined by the Minister of Health must implement these measures in accordance with the vested authorization under the provisions of the federal law referred to above.

Article (10):

The fees concerning the application of the provision of this decision shall be as follows:

250 for the certificate of diseases that pose threat to the public health i.e. AIDS, hepatitis (b), tuberculosis, leprosy and syphilis, 50 Dhs for house maids, first dose for the immunization against hepatitis b, 200 Dhs for the authentication of health insurance from the private sector. Companies that have more than 10 representative employees must pay: 500 Dhs for local representatives every 3 years and 1000 Dhs for expat representatives every year.

Article (12):

The decision shall be announced in the official gazette and shall take effect from the next day of publishing

thanks God this is really amazing!! It will be a great relief to our brothers and sisters in this forum. Lets all praise god and thank him.

Fridays wrote:

God bless you all =)

i went to al baraha yesterday and they told me that the rule was not yet implemented..sad but true. :(

uae wrote:

i went to al baraha yesterday and they told me that the rule was not yet implemented..sad but true. :(

Hi UAE,

I just call now in Al Baraha Official and told me that new law is already implemented.

They are not checking hep b anymore except those under 6 categories.

Aya

This is getting ridiculous! why can't we have a straight answer? Concrete evidence, names etc?? I don't want to take the risk and nor does my company without 100% confirmation.

Aya1976 wrote:
uae wrote:

Hi UAE,

I just call now in Al Baraha Official and told me that new law is already implemented.

Aya

Ministry of Health Announces Amendments to Expats Medical Check ups

Monday, 23, August 2010 Category: News

Hanif Hassan: No Additional Fees and Amendment Includes 5 Articles

The Ministry of Health announced the amendment of certain provisions of the Cabinet Decision No. (7) for the year 2008 concerning the labor and residence medical checkup system for expatriates following the approval of the Cabinet on these amendments.

Hi Excellency Dr. Hanif Hassan, UAE Minister of Health, said: “The latest amendments are designed to eliminate any existing gaps as a result of the increased numbers of foreign labors to work or reside in the UAE. No additional fees to be increased for the checkups hence they remain the same i.e: 250 Dhs for certificate of diseases that pose threat to the public health such as AIDS, hepatitis (b), tuberculosis, leprosy, syphilis, 50 Dhs for examination of domestic maids, 50 Dhs for the first dose of immunization against hepatitis (b), hence the second and third doses of the same immunization are free of charge, 200 Dhs for the authentication of health insurance from the private sector”.

His Excellency Dr. Hanif Hassan explained that the new amendments modified 5 articles of 12 covered by the previous decision thus replaced articles 2,3,4,5 and 10 of the cabinet decision No. (7) of 2008 concerning the expats labor and residence medical checkups.

His Excellency added that the ministry plans to increase the numbers of labor medical checkup centers, if necessary, reassuring that the amendments of previous labor medical checkup system are made to develop work in the health sector and protect both nationals and residents from infectious and communicable diseases that world is experiencing nowadays and can be transferred into diseases that cannot be resisted according to the reports of international health organizations.

His Excellency Dr. Hanif Hassan called to activate the labor medical checkup centers and use the latest technologies in light of the great progress and development around the world, pointing out that the Ministry of Health is planning to develop plans and systems that guarantee the highest degrees of accuracy and health safety. Due to the existence of many nationalities in the country, the UAE had to set up an integrated accurate system that is subject to continuous development whenever the need arises.

The amendments of the law where as follows:

Article (2):

All expats arriving to the UAE for the purpose of working, studying or residing must make medical checkups provided in the provisions of the law that determine the conditions for granting residence or renewal visas according to the types of injuries or the following categories:

1-AIDS:

Tests are needed to detect the disease for all expats arriving to the UAE either for residency or labor for the first time or when renewal. The residence or labor visa are not granted to positive cases for the first time or when renewal as they are considered inappropriate.

2-Hepatitis (B):

a-The labor medical checkup is limited to the new arrivals either for labor or residency for the following 6 categories: nannies, housemaids, nursery and kindergarten supervisors, workers in hairdresser saloons, beauty centers and health clubs, workers in processing and food control authorities, workers in cafeterias and restaurants.

b-residence or labor residence or renewal visa shall not be granted to positive cases.

c-The vaccine must be given for the negative cases of the new 6 categories arrivals on condition that they should take 3 doses and provided a certificate proving the dose. At the time of residence visa renewal, they must show a vaccination certificate for approval or exemption from the vaccine. In case they do not show this certificate at the time of renewal, the vaccination must be taken again and an additional fee of 500 Dhs must be paid.

3-Tuberculosis Test:

Tuberculosis is limited to tuberculosis only. The tests are made for new arrivals only but all cases suffering from new, old, or active pulmonary tuberculosis are non-medically fit and shall not be granted residence visa.

4-Leprosy Test:

Leprosy test is made for new arrivals at the time of issuing residency visa for the first time. At the time of renewal, the residency visa is not permitted to all positive cases.

5-Pregnancy Test:

All maids, nannies and female drivers must have a pregnancy test before issuing the certificate of diseases that pose threat to the public health. In case of positive pregnancy, the sponsor has the choice either to allow her working for him or not. If the sponsor refuses, then he must write a written consent with his acknowledgment of the test result.

Article (3):

Syphilis test is limited to all the previous mentioned 6 categories whether at the time of issuing a new or renewed residence visa. The treatment must be provided to all positive cases before obtaining the health certificate.

Article (4):

With regards to the provisions of the articles of this decision, all members of UAE nationals such as husband, wife, children and parents who carry the UAE nationality or non-holders are exempted from this decision.

Article (5):

All positive cases for the diseases that are described in article (2) of decision must take all preventative procedures for the diseases that may pose threat to the public health stipulated in the federal law No. (27) of 1981 concerning the protection of communicable diseases. The procedures include:

Deportation of all positive cases that prove to have such diseases at the time of residence visa or renewal according to the medical checkup results. All concerned health authorities determined by the Minister of Health must implement these measures in accordance with the vested authorization under the provisions of the federal law referred to above.

Article (10):

The fees concerning the application of the provision of this decision shall be as follows:

250 for the certificate of diseases that pose threat to the public health i.e. AIDS, hepatitis (b), tuberculosis, leprosy and syphilis, 50 Dhs for house maids, first dose for the immunization against hepatitis b, 200 Dhs for the authentication of health insurance from the private sector. Companies that have more than 10 representative employees must pay: 500 Dhs for local representatives every 3 years and 1000 Dhs for expat representatives every year.

Article (12):

The decision shall be announced in the official gazette and shall take effect from the next day of publishing

uae wrote:

you right aya,

to: uae, maybe u are not informed yet....

Aya1976 wrote:
uae wrote:

Hi UAE,

Aya

ArabianTiger wrote:

This is getting ridiculous! why can't we have a straight answer? Concrete evidence, names etc?? I don't want to take the risk and nor does my company without 100% confirmation.

Aya1976 wrote:
uae wrote:

Hi UAE,

Aya

Arabian Tiger,

call this number 04-2711990

Assalam Alaikum to All,
                        I would like to tell you all guys that rule has been implemented , I just confirmed with Dubai Muncipality Clinic in Deira where I had my test and got unfit certificate. I call them right now and they said if you are not falling in 6 category we will issue fitness certificate . Hope will help others . Thanks ALLAH.

Regards
   Sagar

HI,

I am new member of this forum, i am infected hepatitis c, i was terminated due medical unfit 4 months back( for visa renewal) i am still here and our company not willing to take back me. My only problem now how to remove the unfitness before leaving country.( at the time of cancellation)

looking for a favourable response from every one

Arun you beter go and check the same hospital or clinic where you had your medical , just ask doctor about new law if your job is not falling under six category then its ok . Im not sure the new rule protect HVC but Im sure about HBV.

Regards
   Sagar