Hepatitis B infection

HDY wrote:
perdanasiswa wrote:
desert_decent wrote:

Dear PERDANASISA,

Do you know any oil and gas company which operates in uae and don't have medical screening for Hepatitus-b or they don't consider hepatitus-b healthy carrier as unfit or deport.
In other words they are not like ADNOC and they follow the new government procedure for medical.

Waiting for your response.

Saleem

So far it is only an issue with ADNOC and its subsidiaries, all other companies will go with the country residence law.

Hi Perdanasiswa,

I have been following your posts, but I am not sure whether you live in UAE or not and your profile does not indicate that.

How do you know much about ADNOC? Are you 100% sure that they do not accept Hepatitis B carriers? I am currently in UAE and got an offer from them (clerical/administrative position), but I am HBV carrier, what do you advise me to do?

Please reply asap.

Thank you in advance.

Yes I'm sure about the situation with ADNOC and its subsidiaries.

If you decide to go ahead with the employment process you might get an exemption from top management since you are none technical or field based staff. The worst that could happen they will decline your application, but they have no authority to affect your residence permit.

ADNOC conducts its own pre-employment medical tests at ADNOC clinic. Based on these tests you will be rejected by HR based on the fact that you are HBV positive, Unless you are able to take this to upper management above HR... you know what I mean.

I am from India and my husband is working in Dubai, when he applies for my residency visa for housewife, will they check hep b? and deport if positive? am worried as when he enquired at immigration or MOH they said they still deport if found positive and this was just last week..officials were rude and spoke badly...we are scared as they still maintain new law is not implemented...pls clarify asap and help me if anyone has got visa stamped inspite of Hep B..
i am hep b + carrier inactive stage and completely health..pls advice and help me...

Regards
Kiyaara

perdanasiswa wrote:
HDY wrote:
perdanasiswa wrote:

So far it is only an issue with ADNOC and its subsidiaries, all other companies will go with the country residence law.

Hi Perdanasiswa,

I have been following your posts, but I am not sure whether you live in UAE or not and your profile does not indicate that.

How do you know much about ADNOC? Are you 100% sure that they do not accept Hepatitis B carriers? I am currently in UAE and got an offer from them (clerical/administrative position), but I am HBV carrier, what do you advise me to do?

Please reply asap.

Thank you in advance.

Yes I'm sure about the situation with ADNOC and its subsidiaries.

If you decide to go ahead with the employment process you might get an exemption from top management since you are none technical or field based staff. The worst that could happen they will decline your application, but they have no authority to affect your residence permit.

ADNOC conducts its own pre-employment medical tests at ADNOC clinic. Based on these tests you will be rejected by HR based on the fact that you are HBV positive, Unless you are able to take this to upper management above HR... you know what I mean.

Dear PERDANASISA,

Thank you for you response and the information.

Despite my desire to join this great organization, I need to think deeply prior to acceptance or rejection.

Really appreciate your cooperation PERDANASISA. Wish you all the best and happy new year.

Regards.

guys I need the proceedure for lifting ban please paste me da link how to proceed Im in my home country right now my cousin will come to Dubai at 15th jan . Please help me and tell me the proceduere what I will have to do to remove my ban and what documents do I need to give him from my home country .

Regards
    Sagar

Guys,

I go dubai before with visit visa,then I apply job there.After 2 weeks I finally get the job.Then immigration approved my employment visa.I take medical examination but positive Im hepa  b carrier..My employer cancelled my visa and send me back here in Philippines..
Now  im here in Philippines and my new employer send me new employment visa and employment contract..

Do I need to undergo medical examination again?.Is that ok to go back to dubai without membership in POEA for manggawang pinoy?..Because according to POEA if I register in manggagawang pinoy I need (visa,contract,medical,pdos)..but if i took medical examination it assure my medical was failed because im positive hepa b carrier..

Please anyone can help me and advise me what to do...

Thanks,
Dimple

Can I came back dubai without any procedure need to undergo in POEA?.
Do I really need Overseas Employment Certifacate?
How people with hepa b can go to dubai?

for dimple,

If ur employer is not a government company,& ur job is not belong to 6 categories ( nunny, waiter, barber,domestic helper, hotel attendant, entertainer, etc...) den the medical clinic will implement the new UAE Immigration Law on how to obtain residence visa that was already implemented last October 17, 2010( hepa b is not included in the test ).

I rather suggest u to  come here in  UAE on visit visa to avoid any too much requirements (cheche bureche) from POEA.

jerin_cutie wrote:

Hi Gerryanded,

Me and ritz already done a follow up in immigration but until now we haven't recieved any reply to them thats we did not post anything on this blog.  I hope that they will give us a good response on this X'mas.

Hope for the best..

Jerin

gerryanded wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Just an inquiry because i have notice there was no post being added to this forum site. I just want to check those who are waiting for their ban to be lifted by the immigration if it is being cleared already if they remove the ban already.Please need update.

Cheers!

Gerryanded

Hi Jerin & ritzz!

I believe we are stuck at the same level now. Have you got any update from the immigration office?
Did they explain what having done the eye scan in al awir before leaving implies?

I am a bit confused that they said to some of us that they are waitin on abu dhabi, for all I know each emirate is dealing with this issue individually.

My brother will be checking on my status again tomorrow, I hope it won't be in vain again!

For those who were successful with this operation, have you got any advices for us?

Stay strong you all, for me I have kind of lost hope.

Best wishes for the year 2011!

Regards

bro9,,

Thank you for entertaining my message here and you gve me a couple of advice.but now i have employment visa already here and my employer waiting for me in Dubai..I dont know what to do because here in Philippines to much problem if come to requirements.

dimple

bro9 wrote:

for dimple,

If ur employer is not a government company,& ur job is not belong to 6 categories ( nunny, waiter, barber,domestic helper, hotel attendant, entertainer, etc...) den the medical clinic will implement the new UAE Immigration Law on how to obtain residence visa that was already implemented last October 17, 2010( hepa b is not included in the test ).

I rather suggest u to  come here in  UAE on visit visa to avoid any too much requirements (cheche bureche) from POEA.

can you pls suggest and advice me as well...whether new arrival residency visa for house wife is tested for Hep B...my husband is an expat in dubai and when he files my visa, will they deport if hep B found positive? as am Hep B carrier and in inactive stage...pls advice.

bro9 wrote:

for dimple,

HI dimple,

Your case is something to relate to for a friend of mine just asking didn't you get a ban after you tested positive in Dubai?And for this case that you got a new employer you said you need to be a member of the POEA to be able to come back to dubai. Are you not an  old POEA member already becuase in my friends case she already have the card and the worry is if she gets an employment from her employer in Dubai can she not just pay the  renewal of her POEA card  without going through a lot of requirements she can just simply say it is renewal and change of employer?Is this case possible, i would like to hear the sides of everyone who has an idea or who had gone through the same situation before.How to sort out this issue becuase in that case like dimple her employer has the employment visa already, i think it is pointless if she will get a visit visa i dont think that it is sure a good option when you laready have your employmnet one.The only problem she will definitely encounter is how she can leave the philippines without going through this requirements form POEA. Please share you thoughts i am also waiting for your idea beacuse me an Dimple is on the same boat now.

Cheers!

Gerryanded

Gerryanded

Its ok to your friend to renew her papers in POEA,she already a memeber.she only need to face a balik manggagawa member..My situation is im a new member wants to register thats why its to hard for me to get OEC..Regarding my situation in dubai before..NO im not ban thats the reason my new employer got my new visa..they only stamp cancelled visa..

Thanks,
dimple

dimple wrote:

Gerryanded

Its ok to your friend to renew her papers in POEA,she already a memeber.she only need to face a balik manggagawa member..My situation is im a new member wants to register thats why its to hard for me to get OEC..Regarding my situation in dubai before..NO im not ban thats the reason my new employer got my new visa..they only stamp cancelled visa..

Thanks,
dimple

Hi, Dimple

I have a friend of mine who got terminated from his previous employer in dubai last year but before he went for exit, he got again a new employer in abu dhabi & definitely got work contract & employment visa.
So what he did, he went to Philippines for exit with that work contract & employment visa.
Again, when he came back to UAE, he never tell to our immigration that he had already the visa & work contract with him. Instead he bought plane ticket for singapore ( with plane ticket from singapore to abu dhabi already prepared) & pretending as tourist or he had something to buy in singapore  (Singapore does require any visa since like Phils. they are they are also a member of ASEAN Countries) then from Singapore he flew directly to Abu Dhabi.
When he came to Abu dhabi airport immigration, he just show his employment visa from his new employer.

Kiyaara wrote:

can you pls suggest and advice me as well...whether new arrival residency visa for house wife is tested for Hep B...my husband is an expat in dubai and when he files my visa, will they deport if hep B found positive? as am Hep B carrier and in inactive stage...pls advice.

For Kiyaara

Hepa testing for hepa b for house wife is not included. Please check & search it in the google.

Cabinet Resolution No. 28 of 2010, regarding medical check-up for expat coming to UAE for work or residency visa.

Bro9

bro9 wrote:

for dimple,

bro9,

I already do what ure friend done before..But the immigration offload me when Im going to board area in airport..Now if your going to other country for tour like hongkong & singapore,,u need sponsorship letter from the person who spend money for your  tour,& take note with notary public.employment certifcate that u also workiing here in Philippines for the assurance you came back after the tour..

Why here in Philippines to much strict,,but they cant give good salary for the employee.

HI RITZ and JERIN,

I notice that there is no update about the clearance of your ban.Is it already sorted out by now?please update us.

Thanks,

Gerryanded

a while ago i called one  GAMCA's accredited clinic here in cebu philippines i ask about the new rules but they dont know about it,there is no memo form gcc that there is a new procedure in medical exam in UEA so sad to those who are declared unfit by this clinic up to this time

bro9 wrote:

for dimple,

Hi Bro9 (and also anyone else who may be able to answer),

The following is news to me?  I thought apart from some Oil and Gas companies which have more strict requirements for medicals, all other UAE companies were following the new test guidelines.

I am in the latter stages of joining Abu dhabi Airports Company (as an Engineer) and want to know if my position would be in jepordy?  I didnt mention anything (at time of interviews) now that the law had been implemented and I didnt fall under the 6 categories?!!

CAN ANYONE PLEASE URGENTLY PROVIDE SOME ADVICE?  (I would like to know where I stand before speaking to the HR rep).

Thanks in anticipation.
Regards,
PM

dear friends,

i am from india... i got a medical report that my friend is  hbsag +ve...he is a  person in a regular position in india.he wanted to attend a conference to be held in dubai..is it be possible for him to  attend a medical conference through visit visa for 7-8days....please answer me friends.......

Dear madhavan1984
the medical test is only for employment and residence visa.your friend may go through visit visa to attend conference held in dubai. There is no medical test required in visit visa.

So, story is we wait on abu dhabi to sign the release of a new law to remove bans of those who were out of the contry at the time regulations changed.
Let's wait then ...

Uk pm 81, I suggest u read it for urself on ministry of health website, just google it.
But for all I know there is only one exception, the 6 categories. I never read about government entities before. And if I am not mistaking it is not mentioned on the official gazette either.

Good luck to the rest of us! :)

StellaNutella wrote:

So, story is we wait on abu dhabi to sign the release of a new law to remove bans of those who were out of the contry at the time regulations changed.
Let's wait then ...

Uk pm 81, I suggest u read it for urself on ministry of health website, just google it.
But for all I know there is only one exception, the 6 categories. I never read about government entities before. And if I am not mistaking it is not mentioned on the official gazette either.

Good luck to the rest of us! :)

StellaNutella,

Yes, it is not mentioned in d official gazette that government entities are exempted for the implementation of this UAE Cabinet Resolution No. 28 of 2010, But I already asked the immigration and MOH-UAE about these, they are telling that government entities of each emirates has the right to implement or not the new law, but in Dubai Government, they are very strict. They are telling that they will not implement the new law without the notice/memorandum from the higher federal council.

uk pm 81 wrote:
bro9 wrote:

for dimple,

Hi Bro9 (and also anyone else who may be able to answer),

The following is news to me?  I thought apart from some Oil and Gas companies which have more strict requirements for medicals, all other UAE companies were following the new test guidelines.

I am in the latter stages of joining Abu dhabi Airports Company (as an Engineer) and want to know if my position would be in jepordy?  I didnt mention anything (at time of interviews) now that the law had been implemented and I didnt fall under the 6 categories?!!

CAN ANYONE PLEASE URGENTLY PROVIDE SOME ADVICE?  (I would like to know where I stand before speaking to the HR rep).

Thanks in anticipation.
Regards,
PM

uk pm 81,

I am also working here in abu dhabi as an engineer in an Oil & Gas Company but not  a Government Entity. I am not sure if Abu Dhabi Government is implementing the new law(UAE Cabinet Resolution No. 28 of 2010 )  to their governement entities, because Dubai Government is really strict & they are firm on their stand not to implement this law.

By the way, I was also a Dubai Government Technical Employee til late 2010 & they did not renew my visa after failing to medical test due to HBV+ (inactive state) despite implementation of the new law. they just told me that they did not receive order from federal council to lift the ban & that new law is applicable only to private company and other emirates.

bro9 wrote:

I am also working here in abu dhabi as an engineer in an Oil & Gas Company but not  a Government Entity. I am not sure if Abu Dhabi Government is implementing the new law(UAE Cabinet Resolution No. 28 of 2010 )  to their governement entities, because Dubai Government is really strict & they are firm on their stand not to implement this law.

By the way, I was also a Dubai Government Technical Employee til late 2010 & they did not renew my visa after failing to medical test due to HBV+ (inactive state) despite implementation of the new law. they just told me that they did not receive order from federal council to lift the ban & that new law is applicable only to private company and other emirates.

bro9,

Thanks for the information.  This is quite disappointing insofar as Government companies dont follow the law.  Can I ask if there would be any way around this?  Could the employer (on behlf of the PRO) within the Goverment company in question seek some form of exemption?

Or can one bring a letter from their home country/hospital doctor to back up/confirm that there is no risk of transferring?

I would be grateful if anyone else within that situation has had any experience.  Surely there must be individuals within Goverment companies whose visa's are coming for renewal with HBV+?

Thanks for your help in advance....

Hello everyone!

You may have discussed this in the past but i am new here and this topic is 60pgs long :P

I have HBsAg (Australia antigen) from a very young age. When I moved to Dubai the first time (2008) I had an admin job at a Real Estate Agency & passed my medical "with flying colours". However, when I tried to switch my visa to the new company/school at which i was employed again as admin (2009) my tests came back "UNFIT" and I had to leave the country. Well there's actually a lot more drama in between but i don't think it is important enough to be mentioned at the moment.

What I need to know is the following:
1. how do i know if there has been a ban on me and if so how do i know if it can be or has been lifted (since I've been out of the country for over a yr now)
2. what happens if I try to enter the country and it turns out there is a ban? Do i just get on the next plane back or do i face legal action?
3. i am unclear as to whether or not NEW applicants get tested for HBV (outside the 6 categories) Could u plz clarify?
4. Does Cabin Crew fall under these categories or in any case does anyone know if they r tested for Hep B? I cannot find anything online. :rolleyes:
5. Even if HB patients no longer get deported cause they can get treated in UAE what happens with cases like mine, which r not treatable?

I have been monitoring this for many years now and all the tests -some of which were done in dubai- confirm that i "pose no threat to the public" except i cannot give blood and stuff.

I would really appreciate your help on this! There is no UAE embassy in my country, I have not been able to find anything consistent (well that is not UAE's greatest quality anyway, now is it?) or remotely helpful online and my poor fiancé and father-in-law, who still live and work there have only been given the run-around no matter which office they've asked.

I apologise for the very long message. I really hope someone here will be able to help me out a bit :(

Thank you in advance!

HI EVERYONE,

I ma getting confused now with the issue of lifting the ban as so far only few had confirmed that they already been cleared i just want to know if you guys have a copy of the circular Cabinet Resolution No. 28 of 2010.Please SHARE TO US...so we can use it if in case we want to settle our issues to....Those who have copies with them please, please share.

Cheers!

gerryanded

hi ritz and jerin please let us know on any update regarding your follow up with the immigration officer

thanks

gerryanded wrote:

HI EVERYONE,

I ma getting confused now with the issue of lifting the ban as so far only few had confirmed that they already been cleared i just want to know if you guys have a copy of the circular .Please SHARE TO US...so we can use it if in case we want to settle our issues to....Those who have copies with them please, please share.

Cheers!

gerryanded

gerryanded,

Just search in the GOOGLE "UAE Cabinet Resolution No. 28 of 2010" and u can download it.

Bro9

HI BOR9,

i tried to search that information form  google but then there was a website but it will ask for payment in order for me to upload the inormation.do you have any access where i can get the new rules for medical or if you do can you please send it to me by email; lorelais8@yahoo.com.

many thanks,

Gerryanded

No deportation for expats with hepatitis
Expatriates affected with the disease will now be treated
•By Mahmood Saberi Senior Reporter
•Published: 00:00 August 20, 2010

Dubai: New expatriate workers who are found to have Hepatitis B when they undergo their medical test will not be deported but will be given treatment, according to the Ministry of Health.
Resident expatriates will not be asked to undergo the test for Hepatitis B, while tests for Hepatitis C will no longer be needed under the new rules.
Those already in the UAE also will not have to undergo tests for TB. New arrivals will be tested only for pulmonary TB and those having the disease will not be granted a residence visa.
Dr Mahmoud Fikri, executive director of health policies, told the media that the new rules are to protect both the people and the society and make UAE a disease-free place to live.
Check-up changes
Earlier, Dr Hanif Hassan, Minister of Health, said the changes in the medical checkup system for expatriates will cover any gaps in the system, specially with the growing number of foreign workers coming into the country.
He said the ministry plans to increase the number of medical centres if needed.
Those tested positive for Hepatitis B will have to take three doses of vaccinations and show proof that they have taken them. Workers have to show the vaccination certificate at the time of renewal of the visa. The first dose of vaccination will cost Dh 50 and the two others are free of charge, the minister said.
The category of workers, which include nannies, housemaids, nursery and KG supervisors, beauticians and barbers, health club workers, and food handlers, will have to undergo tests for Hepatitis B and also for syphilis. Treatment will given for syphilis, Dr Fikri said and the person will not be deported.
Sponsor's choice
Women workers, specially maids, nannies and drivers, will be asked to undergo a pregnancy test.
In case the test is found positive, it is left to the sponsor to either allow her to work or send her back home.
All expatriates coming to the UAE for work, studying or residence have to undergo medical tests.
Tests for Aids, or Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome, is still mandatory for new arrivals or resident expatriates at the time of renewal of the resident visa.

Hi Dimple,

Thanks for that information but i would like to have an official copy of the new resolution about the medical i have been checking it in the net but it will ask for a payment in order for me to have a copy of the new rules.And any update on the BAN people if they are successful in lifting it.

Cheers!

gerryanded

For what u need the copy of resulotion?i think no ban now.try to read this forum from start in year 2010 ther is one member know how u will lift a ban.ok?
also go to gulfnews.com then after that inter and search health news..u can get some info there..

gudluck.

Alhamdulillah and good news to all, I am a Filipino engineer and I am positive with hepatitis B, I came in UAE as visit visa and find a job in Sharjah. Just today our PRO said he got my medical result from Ministry of Health where I was tested and I am cleared. I just want to confirm that if you dont belong in 6 categories as mentioned on the other blogs even if you have Hepatitis B, you can work in UAE.

junnixks wrote:

Alhamdulillah and good news to all, I am a Filipino engineer and I am positive with hepatitis B, I came in UAE as visit visa and find a job in Sharjah. Just today our PRO said he got my medical result from Ministry of Health where I was tested and I am cleared. I just want to confirm that if you dont belong in 6 categories as mentioned on the other blogs even if you have Hepatitis B, you can work in UAE.

Dear junnixks,

That is very good news and I wish you all the best.

I am trying to get the answer to whether a HBV+ person, not within the 6 categories, can work for a government company (in Dubai)?

Can you please ask your PRO that question?

Apparently the rule only applies for private companies and not government companies?!

I would be grateful if you could inform me...

Thanks and God bless you.

Regards PM.

I need you help please. I am a university lecturer so my question is that is this job included in the 6 categories. One more thing, are they doing a teast for hep C or not . Thanks in advance for your great help.

RoyRoy
no it doesnt belong to the 6 catgory my frind is a teacher and she has...only for daycare they check..

Thanks Ope very much. What about hep C are they doing check for it or not. Regards

Friends, i just called DNRD dubai last eve and they confirmed that Hep b is still tested and they do it for all new visa types. if found unfit they deport asap. new law is not been implemented and hence be careful. Incase people on this forum are posting success updates, they need to update some names or nos at DNRD or MOH where we can validate this info...i will warn again, pls do not just randomly believe from google what you read..law was just announced in newspaper, but still not implemented...my husband has checked and they maintain same stance in MOH..they say we are not informed abt this new law and hence we deport if hep b+ is tested and will be tested for everyone...

Hello everyone!

PLZ I NEED TO KNOW IF I CAN VISIT DUBAI!!!

I lived there 2yrs ago and had to leave because I was found UNFIT for Hep B ( I have HBsAg). I need to visit Dubai for a few days but I am not sure if there is a ban on me, how i can lift it in that case and what would happen if i just tried to get in the country like that (I'm am an EU national and get visa upon arrival).

I would really appreciate ANY advice cause so far I have been unable to find anything useful :(

Cheers!

Hi Kiyaara,

About the information that you posted here it is getting me confused becuase i just called La Muhaisnah Centre last week and was inquiring about hepa B and the person i spoke to in clinic said yes they check it but he said for food handler job this is one of the 6 categories they mention becuase i mention to him the administrator job.And what about those who already been issued with visa they i mean to those people they are all in a new visa and the clinic where they got their medical had put them fit even though they are positive with hepa. B. The new law is not actually to abolish the old law of medical about this case they only revise it and they clearly mention it about the 6 categories of job that they will check whether you are applying for new or renewing your visa.I would like to know is your husband applying for a new visa?and if so what is his job?

And i would like to please appeal to those who already successfully got their new visa please pose your story again and if you can clearly mention to whom you coordinate with in MOH or DNRD clearing your issues this would be very helpful to those who are still waiting for answers. and to those who are clearing their ban please share your updates!!!