How has the corona virus effected laos?

greetings to all, just was kind of curious how has the corona virus effected the people of laos? were there any outbreaks? what safety measures / precautions are being took by the government? is travel restricted?

As of 24th March there has been 2 recorded cases. A 28 year old male hotel worker and a female tour guide. Both in Vientiane and both have had contact with foreigners.

Schools have been closed for over a week now and border crossings closed as well.

No, hasn't corona virus ffected in Laos

Tourists still not allowed as far as I can find out.

Tourist visas not being issued and only those people with multiple long term visas can enter but under certain conditions.

26 known cases as of a week ago.

Latest Covid-19 figures for Laos. as at 2/03/2021.

45 cases, 42 recovered, 0 deaths,.
I  found an interesting website for all sorts of information worldwide.
www.worldometers.info   

All flights in and out suspended with limited exceptions. Medivac, humanitarian, relief, diplomatic and repatriation flights with entry permit obtained from the  Laos Ministry of Foreign Affairs may still enter the country.

Technical stops  where passengers and airline crew do not disembark are also permitted to enter.

All entrants must provide a negative PCR test issued at most 72 hours before departure.

They must also complete a health declaration form on arrival, and will be subject to medical screening and a 14 day self quarantine requirement at their own expense.

Seems the Lao Govt are now requesting Covid-19 insurance too.

We are currently in lockdown. The government here has handled it brilliantly. Until 3 weeks ago there were 40 cases and no deaths. Due to a couple of selfish super spreaders we now have 1000 cases, still no deaths, but an outbreak.

I agree with VB.

I understand that there is now an official card to show that you have been vaccinated. 
As I understand things, The super spreaders came across the Mekong early hours of the morning and proceeded get out and about even going south to Pakse.

My wife has now had her 2 covid-19 jabs and has a green vaccination card. Has any expat had this done yet?