Menu
Expat.com

EP appealed due to COVID-19

Last activity 24 July 2020 by shanesl2

zoeli1994

Hi there,

I recently got my EP application denied due to the COVID-19 spread and my firm is trying to appeal for me. But I am still quite worried and want to know whether there are people who have appealed successfully during this time? And if so, how long does it usually take and what the process is usually like.

I am quite nervous now as I am currently based in U.S., and the ongoing situation is just so uncertain.

beppi

Currenly work pass aplications and renewals are only processed for people who are already in Singapore. Since you are not, you will have to wait until the crisis is over,see https://www.mom.gov.sg/covid-19/adjustm … s-services (last sentence).

Shinhan

Hi I'm in the same situation. Epass/spass recently got rejected and the employer think it's due to Covid-19. So they recently make an appeal as I already in singapore using a social visit pass. Don't know when will the result out but finger cross 😢

LittleFlower96

Hi i am in the same situation as Shinhan.  I am very worry about the situation.

nunuyawkwong

Hi guys,

Your EP/Sp got rejected at this period its normal.
Contact yr HR to appeal and verify your location (you're still in SG) .. but if you are outside of SGP now, it is unlikely your appeal success..

I applied for my employee..
4/4/2020 applied
7/4/2020 rejected
7/4/2020 appeal

zoeli1994

Hi there,

Does this mean that we prob need to wait till this Fall? My employer applied for both EP and SP for me, actually MoM only adopted SP for me and not sure why that happened.

zoeli1994

ugh I see, but would that continuous appealing process demonstrated as a negative sign for future application?

surya2k

No matter the situation, your appeal should have valid rationale and strong reason. Just appeal won’t help whether today or tomorrow, result will remain same.

zoeli1994
surya2k wrote:

No matter the situation, your appeal should have valid rationale and strong reason. Just appeal won’t help whether today or tomorrow, result will remain same.

thanks for letting me know.

nunuyawkwong

Hi guys, my employee's Employment pass finally approved

04/03/2020 - Applied
07/03/2020 - Rejected
07/03/2020 - Submit Appeal
28/04/2020 - APproved

Employment pass.. non - essential.. good luck guys

nunuyawkwong

Typo.

Should be

03/04 apply
07/04 - reject and appeal same day
28/04 - approved

vigneshcoke
nunuyawkwong wrote:

Hi guys, my employee's Employment pass finally approved

04/03/2020 - Applied
07/03/2020 - Rejected
07/03/2020 - Submit Appeal
28/04/2020 - APproved

Employment pass.. non - essential.. good luck guys

Hi,

Congratulations !!! you are now in Singapore or out of Singapore, is your Pass is related to Normal work or special work

shanesl

Hi Shinhan

Do you have any updates?I am also in the same situation and appealed on the 9th of April

zoeli1994

Just wanna give an update about my SP application. It was rejected due to COVID-19. Anyone has idea whether a rejection like this will affect my future chance?

beppi

Once the pandemic is over, this rejection will not have a negative impact. But the coming economic recession will have!

ADP2010

WHat is the update? Is EP got approved?

Silvercode

@nunuyawkwong

Typo.

Should be

03/04 apply
07/04 - reject and appeal same day
28/04 - approved

What was the reason for rejection ? May I know what your profession is ?

shanesl2

Hi There

How about current situation in Singapore about DB/EP approval?
Still considering about only within Singapore

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Work visas for Singapore
    Work visas for Singapore

As an expat, you must have a job to pay for your rent, bills, and leisure activities, but you can't just move ...

• Work visas in Singapore
    Work visas in Singapore

PEP applicants are assessed on the following criteria:

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles