Has anyone been to Healthlab?

Hi all,

I just found a place called Healthlab where you can pay 149 EUR to get a comprehensive health check including blood tests.

Has anyone had experience with this company?

I am interested because I have been somewhat unwell for the past 7 weeks. Started with a fever and then I was coughing up phlegm for 4-5 weeks after that. During this time I've been very fatigued and out of breath doing simple exercises.

My GP doesn't see anything concerning so I can't request tests through the GP. I'm wondering if this is a good alternative to get some tests done to really make sure that nothing is wrong?

Many thanks

The hospital will probably be happy to take your money so go for it.
It's probably worth it to stop the worrying you've been displaying since 06 March 2020.

Hi again.

I've never used them.  Before you speak to them, check that your Health Insurer will cover you should the tests reveal anything wrong with you.  Remember that you are responsible for the first 380 euro p/annum of any medication you get prescribed.

I just checked their website, it's a blood, spirometry and urine test.  My wife does them for a living, she tells me that the tests won't tell you what is wrong with you; at best, it will suggest areas for further investigation and for that, you will be back at your GP who doesn't think there's anything wrong with you.

Best of luck.

Cynic
Expat Team