Menu
Expat.com

Agency Contract to Permanent Conversion Job advertisement requirements

Last activity 07 September 2020 by surya2k

spr07

Hello,

I'm on agency payroll and working for a client company. Client Company where I'm working now is planning to take me on their payroll by giving permanent opportunities and current payroll agency has no concerns with that.

Do Client Company need to publish job in local jobs portal before applying for my new EP or they can apply EP without waiting as it is not a new position?

My current IPA states Employer: current payroll agency name and Client Company: current client company name. So MOM already knows that I work for the client company.

I don't see an existing discussion on this topic, so I created a new topic.

Appreciate expert advice, thanks

surya2k

If the client wants to bring you under its payroll, should create a job. All along they were using a contract staff for a temporary requirement.

So, they should publish the job in job bank and wait for 14 days period before applying your EP.

In general, the present consultant doesn’t shows their client name where the employee is going to work. But, in your case it’s different. Good luck

ISAAC GYAMFI
surya2k wrote:

If the client wants to bring you under its payroll, should create a job. All along they were using a contract staff for a temporary requirement.

So, they should publish the job in job bank and wait for 14 days period before applying your EP.

This is interesting.. !
so Surya, is it impossible for a job seeker to forward an application to a company right away and be employed(partially, awaiting mom approval) while the company seeks a pass for the employee into the said company  without prior advertisement of the job position on the job market(banks)  by the company ?

surya2k

This information we have posted multiple times in past. If you are interested to know how MoM works, then start reading MoM guidelines which is easily available in MoM website. On your query, I’m giving you link to read and understand why it’s required each job should post in job bank for 14 days before employer could look into hire a foreigner (unless it’s a very small firm with less than 10 employees on board and the position is hiring currently where salary is $15k or above then exempted).

Any point of time, MoM could ask the employer to provide a valid reason why they are hiring a foreigner and did they conduct interviews with local job seekers? If yes, then share their resume or rejection rationale. It’s absolutely fare to protect the interest of locals and give first preference to locals only.

https://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-pract … -frameworkhttps://www.mom.gov.sg/-/media/mom/docu … 77A1822351

spr07

Hi Surya - New EP application and DP renewals with existing employer can run in parallel? My family DP's are up for renewal (EP already renewed) and my new employer is going to submit EP application ( contract agency payroll to prem).

surya2k

Both can apply at the same time. But, the DP application will be considered only after EP application was approved. Good luck

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Work visas for Singapore
    Work visas for Singapore

As an expat, you must have a job to pay for your rent, bills, and leisure activities, but you can't just move ...

• Work visas in Singapore
    Work visas in Singapore

PEP applicants are assessed on the following criteria:

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles