Repatriating back to the USA

Hello,
My wife and I are currently trying to repatriate back to the United States from the United Kingdom. The issue we seem to be running in to is we have 2 dogs and are unable to fly them (one is a 17 year old puggle and the other is a French Bulldog, as they are both brachycephalic (snub nosed) breeds we are finding many airlines have banned flying them or force them into the cargo hold. We have booked passage on Cunard cruises Queen Mary II but we are unsure when the cruises will actually be allowed to go ahead again and are unsure if we will be able to extend our visa's past the end of this year.

As a backup plan we were looking into chartering a private jet but the cost is simply too high, we were reaching out to see if anyone else was in a position similar to ours. We were thinking if we could get a group of people in a similar position chartering a flight would be much more manageable for everyone.

Alternatively if anyone has any other ideas we are open to them.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I think you've already answered your own question regarding snub-nosed breeds; many airlines won't carry a dog in the cabin long-haul at all and the UK industry does not recognise companion dogs.

Your best bet is to identify which US-flagged airlines operate direct flights into the UK, then contact them and see if they provide the service you are looking for, but I think you may have to send them in the cargo hold.

Probably not what you want to hear, but I hope it helps a bit.

Cynic
Expat Team

mcmenard wrote:

Hello,
My wife and I are currently trying to repatriate back to the United States from the United Kingdom. The issue we seem to be running in to is we have 2 dogs and are unable to fly them (one is a 17 year old puggle and the other is a French Bulldog, as they are both brachycephalic (snub nosed) breeds we are finding many airlines have banned flying them or force them into the cargo hold.
Alternatively if anyone has any other ideas we are open to them.

Hello,

Why don't you contact companies specializing in the transport of animals?

- https://www.airtransportanimal.com/en/

- http://www.goldenwaypets.com/en/