Employement visa - Background checks - including criminal

All,

Moving from UK to Dubai for work. I am an Indian national ( lived in UK for 3 years). Have a minor offense - drink and driving - lower grade though resulting in license ban and fine . Will this be a problem when i apply for a work visa in Dubai?

Hi Vin_Malar,

Welcome to the Expat community  :)

For what job in particular are you looking forward to apply ?

Regards,
Anouhska

I am planning to work in managerial category - driving is not part of my job role

All depends on ur company which is hiring u, normally in UAE background check is done on your work experience wherein they contact your previous organization, and ur educational certificates are verified, in case you are being hired for a UK based firm here in Dubai, there is a chance they might ask you get police clearance certificate from you previous country where you were working, but this is rare, as i said all depends on your organization, for the kind of position they r hiring you.

Hi i am transferring within the same company from on country to another . PCC is not part of onborading requirements , i wanted to check if its needed for an employment visa in general ? Also my nationailty is indian although i reside in UK , so will i need to get a PCC if needed from india or UK?

no this is not part of the visa requirements.its only if ur company wants to do this checking its a problem, for UAE visa this is not required

Yap as Friends4ever86 stated. This has got nothing to do with the government of UAE issuing you a work visa, but rather everything to do with how your company here in UAE will be investigating you.

But i wouldn't really put much thought into it, as most companies here do not focus on the extensive investigation into the candidate. If there is an investigation to do, it normally revolves around your work history and visa status in UAE.  so not to worry.

Goodluck.