Internet connection speeds in Northern Spain

Hello,
I am trying to find out information on what to expect with regards to reliable, fast internet. My wife and I are planning to move to Europe, while working from home, and a very reliable internet is critical to this.

Can anyone give me details of connection speeds, service providers, pricing, in the areas/ towns that you live in so that I can get better understanding?

Thanks?

Also, what was the COVID lock down situation like in the Santander/ Gijon area? Brutal, not so bad, etc?

Cheers!

Live in Gijon. Contracted service from Telefonica a couple of years ago, plan Fusion #0 Fibra Simétrica 100Mb for 48 euros/mo. Included landline and two cell phone numbers.
Fiber is run right into home terminating at their modem/router box.
Lockdown here is generally respected, everyone wears a mask, distances are maintained, bars and restaurants are open.

Internet is fine in Spain. There are big national providers (Jazztel, Movistar etc.) and lots of local stuff too. We live in a village of 8,000 people and the speed from a local provider is supposed to be 500mb and it usually nearly is. We're in a hamlet that forms a part of that village and even here the connection speed is 20mb.