Menu
Expat.com

EP application for those outside SG, fall in !

Last activity 25 September 2020 by benoit_lh

Furre
benoit_lh wrote:

Hi Furre

Thanks for details

Just to be sure on the process, what is exactly the diference between individual eligible and under ICT?

I have been working for the same company for 5 years, respectively in france, India and soon (hopefully) in Singapore. Does it mean my employer will apply throught ICT?

Hi benoit_lh,

Regarding the slot under ICT, you can check from the link below:

https://www.mom.gov.sg/faq/fair-conside … sferee-ict

In order to apply under ICT slot, you must be in one of those roles mentioned in the MOM.
Please keep in mind also under this ICT slot, maximum stay in Singapore is up to 5 year term.
This is one of the drawback if you plan to stay in Singapore longer.

If you really fall under this ICT, why not your company try to apply it?
Please discuss with your HR as they know better the situation.

benoit_lh

Hi furre,

I am in one of these roles in deed, and also > 1 year in the company abroad. It could be interesting to check more about this with the HR.

Thanks for the link, very helpful!
Will keep you posted

Marcos123455

1) Pending
2) Date of application: HR department is handling my application, I'm not sure exactly when they applied, it was around end of July

4) Industry: cancer research

I have an extra question, once we have the EP approved we also have to wait for the approval to enter Singapore. How long will it takes? I heard around 1 month, is that true?
If that's the case it is better if I start searching some temporary job to do while waiting for all these approvals...

zeus995879

1) Approved
2) 1 sept 2020
3) 9 sept
4) Finance (IT profile)

I am an EP holder who is outside Sg currently

Marcos123455

Approved (outside SG)

benoit_lh

Hi all

It seems my employer is applying to my visa (or applied). The HR just told me they are trying to apply, after doing the mandatory job posting. Would like to know if there is a way to see online the result (rejected/approved) or only my HR has the access?

Sacshe has given to me this link https://eponline.mom.gov.sg/epol/PEPOLE … tAction.do
But it seems it is only for renewal as they are asking for NRIC No / FIN / Malaysian New IC No which I don't have

devendragoleit

You can check using passport number.

benoit_lh

Thank you for this tips, was not aware. It's written "error not found" but may be because my HR has not applied yet.
Will continue to check anyway in the next days

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Work visas for Singapore
    Work visas for Singapore

As an expat, you must have a job to pay for your rent, bills, and leisure activities, but you can't just move ...

• Work visas in Singapore
    Work visas in Singapore

PEP applicants are assessed on the following criteria:

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles