Help Getting Started

Good day to all,

I have a few questions which I hope the expat community can help me with, particularly fellow South Africans who have made the move to Croatia before.

In a nutshell, my ultimate dream is to have a homestead near a small town in Croatia where I can supply the local community with fresh produce and handmade products, etc, while also offering my services where they may be needed, particularly in the tourism industry where I may be an outdoor guide - something I have a few years worth of experience here.

But honestly, I have no idea where to start.  I don't know how to set myself up in another country.  And this is where I need help.
I have a detailed CV describing my particular skill set, but I find the CV framework here to be too concise and specific for me to accurately expand and advertise what I'm good at - I don't fit into any one category only.  So is there a space here where I can upload my own CV?

Secondly, are there particular contacts with whom I can speak who can help me in my individual situation?  Either people who have done this before or employers who are looking for someone in the tourist/farming sector?
I have a lot to offer and I would appreciate the chance to fully describe what I can do.

Any assistance will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Benjamin Coetzee

Hi Benjamin. I was born in Cape Town & now live in Valencia, Spain. Left Split, Croatia in December 2019. Educated in South Africa & Sydney, Australia. I don't know much about farming or tourism. What I do know is what each person need to do in order to secure their future & tourism is definitely not one that is sustainable (many reasons & evidence available). I traveled widely & used my knowledge to learn more about half the worlds traditions & cultures. The only real education is knowledge mixed with personal experience, outside the false narratives spewed out by TV, social media, & others. *** Take care & stay safe. Contact me: ***

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum + please do not post your contact details for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct