Menu
Expat.com

Australians living in Cyprus

Last activity 20 September 2020 by Thomas110

Rebekah93

Hello !

Im from Melbourne, Australia and I  LOVE Limassol!! I really want to bite my tongue and see how I go living and working there for maybe 6 months.
As I’m not an EU citizen, is finding jobs hard? I only speak English.

This would be my first time living abroad so I’m super anxious but it’s something I’ve always wanted to do.

Any advise is a appreciated:)

Toon

Finding jobs is hard for everyone unless you have skill that Cyprus is short of... 

Limassol is a good starting point in my opinion, its abig business centre as is Nicosia and also Larnaca.....

Paphos tends to be more tourism orientated.

You will of course need to take residency as you intend to stay more than 90 days... For that you will need proof of comprehensive healthcare and assured income to support yourself or a job offer,...... and you will need a permit to work... 

Good luck

Rebekah93

Thank you very much smile.png

Thomas110

Hey,

I'm new to Limassol and think you might find interesting information on the following official website.

http://www.moi.gov.cy/moi/CRMD/crmd.nsf … enDocument

Regarding jobs, I'm sure you'll find interesting offers on sites listed by Google (jobs Limassol) from recruitment companies, etc...

Cheers,

Thomas

Articles to help you in your expat project in Paphos

• Raising children in Cyprus
    Raising children in Cyprus

As Cyprus is one of the safest countries in the world, you shouldn't have any worries about raising your kids ...

• Driving in Cyprus
    Driving in Cyprus

As Cyprus is a small island, the best way to get around is by car. But is your drivers license valid in the ...

• Northern Cyprus holidays
    Northern Cyprus holidays

North Cyprus is one of the last unspoilt, most beautiful and popular island holiday destinations in the ...

• About Cyprus
    About Cyprus

Close your eyes and be whisked away to the old romantic harbours and sun-soaked stretches of sand that are ...

• General visa requirements for Cyprus
    General visa requirements for Cyprus

If you are planning on a short-term stay in Cyprus, you should know beforehand whether or not you will need a ...

• Permanent residency and citizenship in Cyprus
    Permanent residency and citizenship in Cyprus

The complexity of staying long-term in Cyprus (for more than 90 days) varies greatly depending on your ...

• Banking and finance in Cyprus
    Banking and finance in Cyprus

Opening a bank account is one of the first things you'll need to do in Cyprus. Thankfully, the banking system ...

• Travelling to Cyprus
    Travelling to Cyprus

Despite being a small (and partly occupied) country, travelling to the island of Cyprus is quite straightforward. ...

All of Paphos's guide articles