Menu
Expat.com

S pass application status rejected

Last activity 25 May 2021 by Chen Hongyi

Sahil0207

Anyone get there pass approved???

payless87

Hello!Anyone here still on a Pending status.
Rejected and Appeal.

Sumitjohari

Hi All,

I am also looking for same info.

Anyone here still on a Pending status of EP.
Approved Rejected and Appeal?

boybabyrage

My S Pass has been rejected twice without giving any valid reasons, except the candidate is not suitable. I feel MOM should have given more details like what is not suitable because my background is from IT since I graduate. Btw, I applied for a developer role in one of the Big 4. Has anyone encountered this reject reason before

avinashjha

It might be that you are outside Singapore and thus due to border restrictions, it’s getting rejected. Anyways - MOM will give the rejection reason only to your employer. You can ask the Employer to check with MOM And fix the issue before Re-applying/appeal

boybabyrage

I am still in Singapore. My last day is on 2 Jan 2021. I feel the employer lacks supporting reasons when they submitted the appeal again.

beppi

Boybaby: This is a very common rejection reason. It means that (in MoM’s opinion) your experience does not sufficiently match the job requirements, or there are similarly skilled locals who can do the job (and must be hired first).
The employer can (and should) contact MoM to find out the details before submitting an appeal (which should address the detail reasons).
As you have encountered, some HR departments don’t bother with this - but submitting an appeal without additional information is a waste of time and will just be rejected again.
You better look for another employer, possibly outside of Singapore (as work passes are becoming very difficult to get here).

boybabyrage
beppi wrote:

Boybaby: This is a very common rejection reason. It means that (in MoM’s opinion) your experience does not sufficiently match the job requirements, or there are similarly skilled locals who can do the job (and must be hired first).
The employer can (and should) contact MoM to find out the details before submitting an appeal (which should address the detail reasons).
As you have encountered, some HR departments don’t bother with this - but submitting an appeal without additional information is a waste of time and will just be rejected again.
You better look for another employer, possibly outside of Singapore (as work passes are becoming very difficult to get here).

I definitely agree with your statement. It is such a waste of time that the HR does not bother to help and just clicking for the sake of submission. I just worry about my MOE Tuition Grant Bond as I have like one year plus to fulfill. Anyway, I hope they release me as it is actually MOM who rejects my work pass.

beppi
boybabyrage wrote:

I just worry about my MOE Tuition Grant Bond as I have like one year plus to fulfill. Anyway, I hope they release me as it is actually MOM who rejects my work pass.

I have encountered such cases before: If you do not start work in Singapore, MoE will write to you demanding that you fulfill your bond requirement. To this you reply that you would like to, but unfortunately MoM declined the work pass (attach written proof of this!). Thus you had to take a, hopefully temporary, job elsewhere, for financial reasons. Ask them to help you find a suitable job with work pass - and declare that then you are very willing to return to Singapore then. They will not pursue the matter any further (meaning you will be neither offered a job nor fined, so your bond will be void).

boybabyrage
beppi wrote:
boybabyrage wrote:

I just worry about my MOE Tuition Grant Bond as I have like one year plus to fulfill. Anyway, I hope they release me as it is actually MOM who rejects my work pass.

I have encountered such cases before: If you do not start work in Singapore, MoE will write to you demanding that you fulfill your bond requirement. To this you reply that you would like to, but unfortunately MoM declined the work pass (attach written proof of this!). Thus you had to take a, hopefully temporary, job elsewhere, for financial reasons. Ask them to help you find a suitable job with work pass - and declare that then you are very willing to return to Singapore then. They will not pursue the matter any further (meaning you will be neither offered a job nor fined, so your bond will be void).

Noted. Thank you for the suggestion.

Jobytjoy

Still pending

ppr12

Hi members, my EP/SP was applied on 27th October. The company did not have S Pass quota, and the Self Assessment Tool (SAT) showed that my salary qualified only for S Pass ( I came to know about this after rejection on 9th November, and reading about the SAT and eponline on this forum). My company increased the salary to be just nominally higher than what met the EP on the SAT.  After the third week of appeal, I kept  requesting the company to follow up with MOM. First, I was told that it usually takes 4-6 weeks for an appeal outcome. Then, in the fifth week of appeal, I asked again and I was told that the MOM has said that they needed until January 1st to give the outcome. When I checked with my company again on 4th January, they said that they'll follow up with MOM again. My question to this forum members, and Beppi and Surya is this: Does MOM really mention a specific date and not respond by the said date? Or is something else going on from my company's side? I interviewed with  this company in September first week, and have been waiting for more than four months now.

beppi

Ppr12: MoM doesn't usually give an exact date, only "XXX weeks from now" and this is then usually precise to about a week more or less.

ppr12
beppi wrote:

Ppr12: MoM doesn't usually give an exact date, only "XXX weeks from now" and this is then usually precise to about a week more or less.

I see. Thank you for your response, Beppi.

Jobytjoy

Spass. 30/11/2020 apply                                                                       14/11/2020 rejected.                                                                16/11/2020 appeal.                                                                  7/11/2020 approved

beppi
Jobytjoy wrote:

Spass. 30/11/2020 apply                                                                       14/11/2020 rejected.                                                                16/11/2020 appeal.                                                                  7/11/2020 approved

Wow: Approved before applied - how did you manage that?!?

Jobytjoy

Sorry wrong.    30/11/2020 apply.  14/12/2020 rejected.      16/12/2020 appeal . 7/1/2020 approved

beppi
Jobytjoy wrote:

Sorry wrong.    30/11/2020 apply.  14/12/2020 rejected.      16/12/2020 appeal . 7/1/2020 approved

That looks more probable.
I hope you'll perform your new job better than your posts here, otherwise you won't have it for long.

Edlan

Hai,
Spass apply 30/12/2020
But rejected 08/01/2021

Edlan

Hai your application
Spass or EP,and what the reason ur application is rejected, can your share

randl317

Hi.

Spass applied: 31 March
Spass rejected: 19 April
Spass re-appealed: 21 April

MoM Reason: Your application is not successful because:
The work pass is for the foreigner to work as an employee for the direct employer only and not to work for another company/ client.

Anyone has the same reason? How long did it take for the outcome of the re-appeal?

beppi

There were several such cases on the forum, which you may want to search for.
Without addressing the rejection reason, the appeal will be rejected again.

Shekhz

Appeal is done to address a known rejection reason, with regards to work pass applications. If you keep appealing, without addressing the issue highlighted, it wouldn’t guarantee/ warranty an approval.

The pass is approved for an applicant if he/ she is to work for the direct employer, which isn’t the case (as you state), so what’s the appeal content here? You appealing to bend the rules set forth by MoM?

Chen Hongyi

Hi, me too, my situation also very similar,
Applied for S Pass: 3 May 2021
Rejected for S Pass: 17 May 2021
Appealed for S Pass: 17 May 2021

Now, I just hope that it will be approved.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Work visas for Singapore
    Work visas for Singapore

As an expat, you must have a job to pay for your rent, bills, and leisure activities, but you can't just move ...

• Work visas in Singapore
    Work visas in Singapore

PEP applicants are assessed on the following criteria:

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles