Visa extensions

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
goodolboy wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

I think it was last post was taken down.

What did it say on topic, other than advertising his services?

It was a long post but one part was that people who entered on tourist visa after 1st April on e visa etc can automatically have their visa extended to June 2021conditional on having stamped proof of address & health form filled in or words to that extent. People who entered before 1st April on tourist visa could have same extension to June but needed a letter from embassy & thats about all I can remember.

It looks like that post was also removed. If you read it really closely it didn't say 2021. It said 2020. It was a copy and paste of old information that was good back in June. He's really just spamming us now to keep himself and his company services at the top of notifications.

That's a shame really, because in the past he's made a number of posts that were very helpful to people.

Ah ok now I understand.......strange & confusing, but hey thats nothing new here.

Official word from visit to HCM immigration yesterday: government has not yet announced a policy for the extensions, so please wait a few days for the announcement.

I said, okay, I can wait a few days, but if government announces there will be no automatic extension to January 31, and I go to a travel agent for extension on January 4, will that mean I will have overstay fine?

She said, no, a few days of overstay, no problem.

So that's from the horse's mouth.

I am also waiting for news about the visa extension. But I think the government will continue to renew automatically in the next time because the routes are still not open.

vietnamvisa123 wrote:

I am also waiting for news about the visa extension. But I think the government will continue to renew automatically in the next time because the routes are still not open.

Well a mate of mine flew out 2 weeks back no problem on Singapore Airlines. HCMC-Singapore-Bangkok. Transiting through Singapore the worlds your oyster I would think!

goodolboy wrote:
vietnamvisa123 wrote:

Well a mate of mine flew out 2 weeks back no problem on Singapore Airlines. HCMC-Singapore-Bangkok. Transiting through Singapore the worlds your oyster I would think!

Korea and Japan routes also open for connecting flights.

If some people are saying there are no DIRECT flights to the U.S. or elsewhere, that's mostly true.

But I know a number of people who have returned to the U.S. since lockdown began.

goodolboy wrote:
vietnamvisa123 wrote:

Forgot to mention he had to do the 2 week quarantine in BKK though & it was strict. He is out now & back to Chang Mai.

I am wondering if there will be a period soon approaching during which people will be unable to obtain visa renewals and hence will have to leave Vietnam, while others will still be unable to enter.  This could result in a steep decrease in the number of expats in the country.

THIGV wrote:

I am wondering if there will be a period soon approaching during which people will be unable to obtain visa renewals and hence will have to leave Vietnam, while others will still be unable to enter.  This could result in a steep decrease in the number of expats in the country.

I to wonder!, I am here on a VEC, i have lived in Vietnam for 13 Years,  i am 73 and do not even like getting on a domestic flight in Vietnam at the moment . I will be the first in Line with my Vietnamese wife for the Pfizer, Moderna or Astra Zeneca vaccine , and if they are not available here, the Russian or Chines Vaccine.
It is very frustrating living in Vietnam , i love the people, but not their organization ,or lack of it.
reading the many confused posts (confused Expats) over the years on "Expat" ,  And the governments confusing ever changing and some illogical  policies, You do wonder will i have to get on a plane to my home country at some stage and chance getting COVID .When like many Expats in Vietnam ,i certainly contribute to their economy, I pay tax on an apartment i rent out, I totally finance  one of their citizens and her family (gladly) ,I eat and drink out at their now (empty) restaurants every day and night , like many of my fellow Expats, yet they discourage us from living here.    On a VEC which most of you will  know , you have to leave the country every six Months or less. Which was perfect for us because we travel a lot , until COVID.
Still on a positive note ,I lived in Brazil for seven years, lovely the country with great food, had no problem with Visas, the people were lovely too  ,but you never felt safe, i was robed and accosted at knife point several times, chased in my car several times even had Expat mates slashed and one who was killed.  So few paradises in the world.
I

Hopefully Vietnam will continue with in-country extensions of VEC entry stamps as they used to before the pandemic and before the change to 6 months.  I do believe that the advantage of VEC holders over those holding tourist visas is that, whether of Vietnamese or Western origin, by definition they have relatives in Vietnam.  Although certainly not a democracy, those in power are swayed to some extent by public opinion and a wholesale removal of VEC holders would not go over well with many of their citizen relatives.

THIGV wrote:

Hopefully Vietnam will continue with in-country extensions of VEC entry stamps as they used to before the pandemic and before the change to 6 months.  I do believe that the advantage of VEC holders over those holding tourist visas is that, whether of Vietnamese or Western origin, by definition they have relatives in Vietnam.  Although certainly not a democracy, those in power are swayed to some extent by public opinion and a wholesale removal of VEC holders would not go over well with many of their citizen relatives.

Thank you THIGV for your information and insight, i thought along the same lines  as yourself , thanks again for easing my concerns, always liked  what you have to say.
BTW I have been on Expat for many years not since August 2020 as my profile states, not sure how they got that information, maybe because inexplicably  i lost my Email Address of 15 years. and had to resign up , probably my fault when reregistering, i am no genius on line, in fact my wife thinks my computer skills suck!.

Keith+Phuong wrote:
THIGV wrote:

Thank you THIGV for your information and insight, i thought along the same lines  as yourself , thanks again for easing my concerns, always liked  what you have to say.
BTW I have been on Expat for many years not since August 2020 as my profile states, not sure how they got that information, maybe because inexplicably  i lost my Email Address of 15 years. and had to resign up , probably my fault when reregistering, i am no genius on line, in fact my wife thinks my computer skills suck!.

I take everything this guy THIGV has to say on the forum with  a big pinch of salt........he seems to have a lot to say & know about life in Vietnam but does not even live here & has not lived here for years........I rest my case :/

Official word, finally:

Vietnam Immigration News 05 month 01 year 2021

Notice on Automatic stay extension
1. CONTINUE to implement “automatic stay extension” for foreign nationals until January 31st, 2021 (subjects and forms prescribed in paragraph 1 of the Diplomatic Note No 6345/QLXNC dated May, 19th, 2020 which was sent to Embassies/Consulates). During “automatic stay extension” period, foreigners are required to complete temporary residence and health status declaration.

2. CONTINUE to implement the content of the Diplomatic Note No. 4226/XNC dated March 30th, 2020 until January 31st, 2021.

3. Those foreign nationals who are not eligible for “automatic stay extension” or violate Vietnamese laws will be treated according to applicable laws of Vietnam.

goodolboy wrote:

I rest my case :/

My best to you too.  :gloria