Looking for friends in hanoi

Hi i am currently preparing to move to Ha noi. I would like to get to know people already there and be friends.

Where in hanoi?

Moving from where..

I will be moving to hung yen province from India by the end of November i think depending on flight availability.

Moving from India to Hung yen province

Vaishnavi1996 wrote:

We seem to lack many active members of The Forum in the Hanoi area.

There is an active Hanoi community on "Internations" (.org)

Also, a Facebook Group called "Hanoi Massive Community" has over 142,000 members mostly posting ads for housing and sales and events and OTHER groups that might meet your specific needs.

I have asked the moderators to move your thread for listing under "Vietnam > Hanoi" which may get you more responses from people who are monitoring that specific city forum

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Vaishnavi1996 wrote:

We seem to lack many active members of The Forum in the Hanoi area.

There is an active Hanoi community on "Internations" (.org)

Also, a Facebook Group called "Hanoi Massive Community" has over 142,000 members mostly posting ads for housing and sales and events and OTHER groups that might meet your specific needs.

I have asked the moderators to move your thread for listing under "Vietnam > Hanoi" which may get you more responses from people who are monitoring that specific city forum

Never been to Hanoi, if someone from expat team would like to fund the trip in the name of boosting members from Hanoi... 😉

Vaishnavi1996 wrote:

My birthplace, Hung Yen.  I was born at home not far from Half Moon Lake and father taught school right across the street from the lake.

Specialties from Hung Yen which you cannot find anywhere else:  multicolored rice noodles soup with pork roll, eggs, bacon, and sauté eel; chicken pies grilled over charcoal and pine cones; late summer fragrant longans with tiny seeds; a rare species of stocky chicken with huge legs; fat herrings with eggs inside; and frog braised in terracotta pot.

Are the borders open? I thought people can't come into Vietnam now. I am in US now, and I like to visit Vietnam soon (to meet special someone I met online), is it possible?

Swats78 wrote:

Are the borders open? I thought people can't come into Vietnam now. I am in US now, and I like to visit Vietnam soon (to meet special someone I met online), is it possible?

PLEASE...

Do a quick scan of other topics in this forum.

That topic is being discussed in multiple places.

Swats78 wrote:

OceanBeach already gave you his answer, but as I'm in a generous mood after saying goodbye forever to 2020, I'm giving you three answers to your first and probably last post on this forum:

1- Q: Are the borders open? 
    A: Are the borders in your country open? 

2- Q: I thought people can't come into Vietnam now.
     A: Your negative verb is used correctly. 

3- Q: I am in US now, and I like to visit Vietnam soon (to meet special someone I met online), is it possible?
     A: Whatever answer you give to your own question#1, apply the same to this one.

In fact, I suggest that you spare a few minutes from chatting up women online to read or listen to the news about the thing called Covid-19 and its effects on the world.  You'll be surprise about the knowledge you may gain just from using a tiny bit of your brain power.

Ciambella,
Actually yes, you can come into my country (US) now, if you want to. The borders are open.
But, the more important question is, are you OK?
I want to hug you and tell you that you are a wonderful person, and you are going to be fine.

Swats78 wrote:

Ciambella,
Actually yes, you can come into my country (US) now, if you want to. The borders are open.
But, the more important question is, are you OK?
I want to hug you and tell you that you are a wonderful person, and you are going to be fine.

1- Your country is my country, and I know for certain that as of today:
- the borders are not open to all tourists, meaning
- not all tourists can enter the States, and moreover
- not all tourists can enter all the states in the US.

That's what I learned from the States Department and I would believe them a whole lot more than I believe your statement.

Again, read the news and be informed!

2- As for your "more important question", the answer is affirmative.  I'm not just OK, but I'm much better than the majority of US residents health-wise.  In fact, all of us living in Vietnam are much better than the majority of US residents in health and in spirit, and we wouldn't trade places with you for all the vaccines in the world.

3- Thank you for your offer of hugging, but as you're a resident of the country with the highest number of Covid cases and the most fatalities in the world, I would have to decline to be a victim of your unwanted and unasked-for affection.  In fact, I don't even want you to be within a shouting distance of me unless you were tested for Covid twice recently with negative results both times, and you've been routinely wearing a mask as part of your daily attire.  That would be a moot point anyway because your chance to be within a shouting distance of anyone in Vietnam is slim to nil.

4- I've been a wonderful person for almost 70 years, way before you were a twinkle in your father's eye, and I've always been fine too, thank you for your unnecessary praise.

Now, go learn something useful before returning to our forum with more inane inquiries and false information (the former may be tolerated, but the latter will get you banned.)

So many words, so much anger!
You are nearly the same age as my mom, a bit younger, yes.
I send you my love.
I send you my good thoughts.
It's a beautiful world we live in.
Each and everyone of us are beautiful.
And I quote Thich Nhat Hanh:
“All the conditions we need for happiness are available in the present moment. We don't have to run to the future to get more. When we live with the spirit of gratitude, there will be happiness in our lives.”
Peace

hi, How are you ? Are you female or male ?

anthuy wrote:

Yes.

anthuy wrote:

or other?

When asking a question, it's best to quote the post you're referring to so as to avoid confusion

Good  evening everyone I would like to make a friend to learn Vietnamese maybe some expat can show me Hanoi and if there are interested to do some sport and cultural activities.

Thank you for you response .I speak French too .

Good evening everyone I would like to make a friend to learn Vietnamese maybe some expat can show me Hanoi and if there are interested to do some sport and cultural activities.
Thank you for you response .I speak French too .
-@zackaria277

if you really want to learn the Vietnamese language while staying in Hanoi, I recommend taking one of the free tours with University students who are looking to practice their English.

They may be willing to do a language exchange with you (French or English)