Complaining about Hungary (or not)

fluffy2560 wrote:

Maybe we should take all this to Absolutely Anything Else

Yes, thank you.
I was thinking the same but can't work out how t to it.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:
cdw057 wrote:

I would be happy to sell my house for that price, I would be suspicious though and would not contact this person. He really should contact for example DH

My mom's old house is worth more then 200 million now and it isn't worth a fraction of the amount in reality.
It's crazy how prices vary upon location.
Really though he should have no problem being contacted by sellers at that insane price.
I see a scam coming.
Years back we almost bought land on Maui, upcountry with all utilities already to go for $10,000.What was wrong with us? We waited too long as usual.

Speaking about Hungary, I think living here has changed me in many ways.
This morning I saw a post on FB from my deceased friend's brother.
It was a photo of their 93 year old father on his birthday.
He looks fit and is still living on his own in his own home in Ca.
He used to build sets for movies and tv shows.
Well, I looked at the comments from people who were wishing him a Happy BD.
One said, "well, you've outlived them all". What? Maybe that is funny in America?
Not to me, not at all, I knew his wife, his MIL his son and of course my friend who passed just 15 months ago on my BD.
Another comment said he was "still a stud".
I can't even imagine giving an elderly man a message like that here in Hungary. Wouldn't even dream of doing anything so brash.
I don't think I'd fit in society in the US any longer.. as if I ever did!

Replied in https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 44#5052589

Marilyn Tassy wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

Maybe we should take all this to Absolutely Anything Else

Yes, thank you.
I was thinking the same but can't work out how t to it.

It's a bit of a problem.  I did ask for a thread "mover" a while back but it didn't happen.  Maybe it should be revisited.   Some visitors create new topics because they cannot be bothered to read or search for the same topic elsewhere and so miss out on all the previous valuable replies.  Moderators and some other users could redirect them with such a tool.

Manually, it means writing a reply/qoute, cut and pasting it into the desired new thread, then publishing it, noting the address, the pasting that in the old thread so it can be linked together.  Then in the old thread, past a link to the new location where the reply/quote was pasted.