Divorce in Morocco

@Berberroots offcourse he can file for divorce if wife is not compliant. He can file a case in family court, I advice him to contact family court  lawyer

If I hear already the sentence "he is a good Muslim who goes to the Mosque for early prayers“….

That doesn't mean nothing!

She left because of health problems, not because she just decided that on her own. If he was that good he would support her by leaving to her country instead of divorcing… A good Muslim…

He was not successful in his application to go there. I do believe he is a good person and feels very trapped and I do believe it is important to disclose serious existing health conditions prior to marriage as such matters are important.

@Shaik azeez39 thank you so much for the advice!

@Berberroots There's a lot of information missing here. Why are they estranged? Did he not want to go to Europe to live with her instead? Europe is better of than Morocco in terms of many things such as income, health are and ease of living. In Morocco it's very difficult to make a living and live a comfortable life. Is it that she's non Muslim and has no interest in Islam (which he should have thought about that before marrying her in the first place)?

Why doesn't she want to divorce him? Is it that she still loves him, but just finds it difficult to continue living in Morocco?

Why does he want to divorce her? If anything, he can just go to the Moroccan courthouse and divorce her, by explaining everything to the judge.

@Haroonahmed You should take the proof of your Islamic divorce to the Moroccan courthouse and get a civil/legal divorce there.

What many people who get married don't understand is that when they get married in Morocco, they get married   by both ways. First of all, since Morocco is an "Islamic" country, it's registered under Islamic rulings. The second part is that since the marriage takes place through the courthouse, it's a legal/civil marriage. When someone gets divorced in Morocco, the divorce automatically covers both ways. But when a divorce takes place outside of Morocco, it needs to be processed both 2ays- Islamically and Civil (Court). It doesn't matter if one of them was a non Muslim or not. Both need to get divorced in both ways in order to continue another marriage or they'll see it with Allah on yaum Al qiyamah. Marriage is not a game, yet many take it as such.

@Himaroc There's only one punishment for adultery and that is getting stoned to death. If that doesn't happen in dunya. It will happen in akhirah- even if they repent.

I recently Divorced a Moroccan national myself from the UK born and bred. I Married in Morocco but submitted my divorce within the UK, be mindful though once you decide which country you submit your divorce you can't have the same divorce submitted like if you submit within the UK you can't also submit to the Moroccan courts, as your marriage is automatically registered in the UK I got told that via a Moroccan lawyer and advice from the UK courts, as I just wanted the fastest divorce really. The UK courts application for divorce now has changed where before you could state reasons I.e unreasonable behaviour grounds that you can no longer live with the respondent there a no blame card now, thankfully I did not need to return to Morocco, the courts send the petition to the respondent, if she fails to sign the papers and the judge doesn't think that's enough grounds on her for example still residing at the same address that you give, the judge will grant you to send papers served via WhatsApp but trust me it's longgggg and time consuming as you have to screenshot every single page of the divorcé application plus the acknowledgment of notice send them then screenshot showing 2 ticks meaning delivered, and the same again once turned blue to prove the message has been seen by the respondent. That gets printed by yourself and sent back to the court.The court will allow 22 days for the respondent to act if she chooses to do so. Once the judge is satisfied your degree nisi will be sent which you need to wait 6 weeks and 2 days after to apply t the court for the degree absolute. Good luck bit of a headache but worth it in the end, I hope one day you can find your happy place visiting Morocco again it's beautiful 🤩

Walaikum Salam : for what I know he doesn't need her to divorce her in Morocco.

The best is to consult and pay a loyer. He had the right to rebuilt his life. I'm very sorry this result like this for him.

Have a nice day

@Berberroots  if they married in Morocco he should be able to divorce her easy. I don't see the problem here?

Leaving your spouse is a ground for divorce of course. Presence is mandatory. If she left he can go to family court in the city where he is, just give their Moroccan marriage, a copy of his ID, and an address for her. He needs to go himself see the judge. If she's not living with him anymore it will be fairly easy for him to divorce her , inchaallah 🙏

@Vakil

Hi

just reading your post, i myself British citizen born and bred, married in morocco, but divorced via the UK courts. do i need to regsiter the Divorce in morocco also? as i was led to believe under the eyes of the law i am officially legally divorced, as my marriage in morocco is reconzied in the UK, then so would the Divorce, and i know for a fact my ex was served papers via the UK courts. i only divorced via the UK as i dont want to face my ex or his family again. i have my degree absolute to final my divorce, so im free to remarry but keep hearing different things. Thanks

If your divorced by uk courts is legal everywhere.

Just speak to youe airforce lawyer but when it comes to Morocco it's fine

Your divorce is "legal" but not "amplified" in Morocco. Moroccan legislation about civil status is different than the British one. Would you have married in the UK, you'd have to register the marriage in Morocco. I think you can do that in a consulate, without facing your ex again. But if he got all the papers, he can do it also.

Unless you want to marry again a Moroccan, your ex does need this registration much more than you do.