Car loan Mortgage release

Dear Expats,

Im encountering a problem with my car registration. I have tried several unsuccessful attempts at solving the problem.

I was hoping to gain any and all advice from the expat community.

So I have a car registered under my father's name. The registration has expired in Nov 2020. I want to transfer the car onto my name because my family will be relocating back to India in couple of months.

The car was on loan from a bank in Dubai. The loan has been completely repaid in 2018. However the mortgage is still under the bank. I cannot carry out any transfer until the mortgage is released. I have contacted the bank to release the mortgage.

They require my father to personally visit the branch, or I bring a Power of Attorney.

Unfortunately my father is unable to carry out signature as he is suffering from a illness. Hence he cannot sign and I'm unable to get a POA also.

Please advice as to what are my options.

If I keep the car unregistered for long, I will keep accumulating fines.

Facing the same problem.. have it registerd on my friend's name and he cannot come to Dubai . Below was the option given to me by Standard charted bank.

You have to go to the branch and pay the fees for release which is aroud 50-100 dhs varies from bank to back
Then you have to scan the receipt and send to the bank from your fathers registered email addresss and also your father has to call the bank and request for release.

My bank told me following:

My father has to visit branch and submit application for release of mortgage.

If he cannot visit, I need to bring POA and submit.

It is very silly.  It would make sense if you were carrying out "banking" transactions on his behalf.  This is related to a mortgage that has been fully paid and hence there is NO risk to the bank in removing the hypo.  On top, why would anyone want to keep a car on mortgage after having paid it.

Sometimes banks are very stupid.  I would suggest to escalate.  Find the names and emails of senior people of the relevant department in the bank and have your father send them the details i.e. how he is sick, how the bank staff is uncooperative and not offering solutions etc etc.   Subtly drop in the fact that you intend to complain to the consumer protection department or whatever passes for a banking regulator.  Keep everything documented for subsequent escalations.

I have had success with this approach many times.  But ONLY for things as self evident and silly as what you described.

Thanks for your advice. I will give it a try