Best places in / near Prague for family home with young children

Hi Everyone,

Currently working in Prague, moving back and forth between UK for work. When working here I am just staying in the city.

I am moving the family out in the summer of 2021.

We are unsure of where to move to but hoping for a house rather than apartment (with garden for kids) and ideally somewhere that has its own 'town centre' with amenities but accessible into main Prague area.

Any ideas of towns / villages would really appreciate the advice :)

Budget to rent approx 30 - 50,000 per month I think

Harry

Hi Harry,

We are also from the UK and have lived in Prague 5 (Smichov) for over a year before moving out of Prague. We lived in a place called Klamovka. it has amazing parks, residential places, children's playground and is just 20 mins pleasant walk to Petrin gardens and roses garden. We absolutely loved it. The tram is 3 stops away from Andel and 6 stops from Malastranska. One more thing, i haven't experienced air as fresh and clean as i did there...maybe it is just me, but it was just superb! Highly recommended.

Regards.

Fantastic, thats great info and a good place to start...I shall get looking! And will keep in touch if we do take the plunge in that direction. Appreciate the info!

We rented an apartment with a large balcony overlooking the top of the mountains. the apartment also had its own garden. we paid 29000 CZK in rent (inc. gas, water and electric). hope this helps. good luck!

@Harry Scott1 Hi Harry, did you end up finding a lovely village to relocate to in the end?