When do you think tourist can return to Cebu.

Hello Any ideas about when Americans can return to Cebu for tourism. Thanks Ron

Welcome Ron. You can make an introduction at the sticky for New Members on the main page.

It's really hard to know. After being fairly well controlled last year there has been a significant rise in cases this March and April due to the new more contagious virus variants, which comprise most of the cases now. The UK variant, South Africa and Brazil were all sequenced in the majority of cases last week. Currently only 1% of the local population has been vaccinated. So Manila and Cebu are under tight restrictions which will mean no tourists coming in, unless maybe something is done to accept vaccination cards, in combination with testing, but no outlook on that. They need the tourists, but they don't need more virus coming in.

I guess if I were to guess, I'd say "it's going to be awhile".  Sorry can't be more definitive. Maybe someone else has heard something.

thank you for the answer. We will keep our fingers crossed. Have a great day.

Ron, it looks like I was wrong, and they are opening things back up for certain types of visas, one being the Section 9a Temporary Visitor visa. I am trying to get confirmation from the Philippine consulate. One would need to obtain the visa ahead of time, not upon arrival as before.

https://immigration.gov.ph/images/News/ … _Press.pdf

This is what I'm trying to figure out:

"Morente added that foreign nationals who are holders of valid and existing Special Resident and Retirees Visa (SRRV) or Section 9(a) temporary visitors' visas, may be allowed entry provided they present an entry exemption document issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs upon arrival. Not sure what that means. I'm sure there will be some clarification in the next day or two.