New born baby outside KSA -Visa requirements

My wife and I are residents of Saudi Arabia with valid iqama and exit re entry visa. we want to bring our new born baby (6 months old) and we are in bahrain now .can we get on arrival visa for the baby at Dammam Airport ? I checked the cause way the officer said baby needs a new visa .

I had been to the isthiqdam office but didn't receive any help there .

Can anyone advise please . Will really appreciate

Shadab Basheer wrote:

My wife and I are residents of Saudi Arabia with valid iqama and exit re entry visa. we want to bring our new born baby (6 months old) and we are in bahrain now .can we get on arrival visa for the baby at Dammam Airport ? I checked the cause way the officer said baby needs a new visa .

I had been to the isthiqdam office but didn't receive any help there .

Can anyone advise please . Will really appreciate

Hi no need visa I believe so, the emigration will allow you based on iqama.
https://lifeinsaudiarabia.net/adding-ne … der-iqama/https://www.arabnews.com/node/1181466

See the links

Thanks for your respons malik

The issue is all these links are old . Have you heard anyone one landed with an infant recently and got on arrival ?

I am on my 10th day in Bahrain with family under quarantine and is wishing to get Saudi in 4 days . Hope we get a clear picture

Shadab Basheer wrote:

Thanks for your respons malik

The issue is all these links are old . Have you heard anyone one landed with an infant recently and got on arrival ?

I am on my 10th day in Bahrain with family under quarantine and is wishing to get Saudi in 4 days . Hope we get a clear picture

Links are old but the rules remain same no change , think positive.
Inshallah will be ok, the officer will enter border number on your child passport that's it no visa required. When you are inside just process the iqama by visiting jawazat office and follow the procedure.

Brother. Last year I had my baby and brought her directly to Saudi. No visa required. On arrival, officer will write border number on passport which u will use to get iqama.

Thanks brother for your response

Could you advise when exactly your baby entered Saudi ? The reason I am asking is because this seems to be a new rule and noone knows about it . I tweeted jawazat and didn't get a response. Today I got thier reply by email which they mentioned I need a entry visa for the baby from Saudi Embassy

But still no idea what the procedure is

My son is married to a Saudi national and he is a Saudi resident. They had baby outside Kingdom in 2019 (Geneva) .  He had to get a birth certificate (which was in french)....have is translated into english and then get a new passport for the baby from the USA embassy .  After he got the passport, he then went to saudi consulate to get the visa for the baby. prior to the birth he was told this is the policy. So that said, your baby needs a new passport  and visa before returning to Saudi. He was quite thorough in his investigation of the process and this was it. Never heard of border stamp process.

Hi All,

Thanks for all you help . To conclude my family arrived in Dammam today without any hassles

The emigration officer just entered the border number on the babies passport

To clear the air on the question , infants of age below 1 year if his/her parent is a resident of KSA there is no visa requirements and on arrival visa can be obtained.

However there is no harm in stamping a visa ahead if it's an easy task in Eu/USA states but not quite easy in the Asian countries

This was clearly mentioned in the airlines regulations to which I took a Gamble and brought them here

Wanted to update, as mentioned by brother Shadab, the procedure is extremely simple, i came yesterday night with my infant of 3months from pakistan on saudi airlines, he asked did you not issue from your country, i said sorry no. He said ok, and placed the border number on my infant passport and took it to a room himself and made a photocopy of the passport and took infant pic, thats it.
I had mofa attested birth certificate and Family Registration Certificate, but he asked for nothing else.
He did said do you have iqama upon which i gave him my original iqama which i have with me, i think he only needed the iqama number.

I want know the age limit for on arrival visa for infants

Shadab brother is it confirmed 1 year age for on arrival visa for infants

Thanks brother for clearing this up. I had done this for my first born , but needed a confirmation if this is still valid during the COVID times.  However, There are still some questions , would be helpful if we have your answers .
1. What about the muqueem arrival registration for new born, I suppose you did not register the infant as for the arrival registration iqama or visa number is required for this . And both are not present in this case.
2. The RT-PCR test  , as per rules for children less than 8 years no RT PCR required. However since the infant arriving first time did they as you for it?
3. Airlines- Let us know which airlines did you travel with?  As per my findings only the National carrier SAUDIA knows about these rules to bring the new born . All other airlines I checked with require to have a separate visa.

Thank you.

Sharing an update on this, I came back with the baby last week. Did not face any issues at the immigration. All they asked was the my iqama & birth certificate of infant along with the passport. After making a photocopies of the same the documents are returned. The visa number & border number are hand written on the passport.
However, please make sure you are travelling with Saudia. Only the national carrier saudia know about the procedure and would allow you to board. Most of the airlines ask for visa for the infant.

mustafa syed 87 wrote:

Sharing an update on this, I came back with the baby last week. Did not face any issues at the immigration. All they asked was the my iqama & birth certificate of infant along with the passport. After making a photocopies of the same the documents are returned. The visa number & border number are hand written on the passport.
However, please make sure you are travelling with Saudia. Only the national carrier saudia know about the procedure and would allow you to board. Most of the airlines ask for visa for the infant.

hi mustafa, did you pay anything at the airport? And do you know how many days will be limit for when you need to apply the iqama of the baby upon arrival?

Just an update with our experience. We successfully brought our baby (5 mos. old) yesterday at DMM airport from Philippines via Qatar Airways. 

The only requirements they asked are Passport of the Baby, and both the Iqama copies of parents. Very smooth process.

@Savge466 

Good News. Did they ask for Birth Certificate to be attested by Saudi Embassy. It is must to get Attestation before you travel to saudi arabia on arrival visa for your new born. 
@mustafa syed 87 

Good News. Did they ask for Birth Certificate to be attested by Saudi Embassy. It is must to get Attestation before you travel to saudi arabia on arrival visa for your new born. 

@mustafa syed 87 

Good News. Did they ask for Birth Certificate to be attested by Saudi Embassy. It is must to get Attestation before you travel to saudi arabia on arrival visa for your new ... - @nawaaz2007
 For ON arrival visa infant should have a  passport and the accompanying parent should hold valid visa and iqama. Recommended to travel with Saudia. 
While processing iqama for child no need of attested birth certificate just translation is enough with relevant documents of husband and wife.
@mailmeksyed 
Thanks , So no need of any Saudi Attestation on Birth Certificate only Arabic Translation is enough and Travel with Saudi Airlines. 

@mailmeksyed 

Thanks , So no need of any Saudi Attestation on Birth Certificate only Arabic Translation is enough and Travel with Saudi Airlines. 
- @nawaaz2007
 There are two procedures 

Prearrival procedure and post arrival 
For Prearrival valid infant passport and parent iqama with valid visa to eligible for on arrival visa.
Post arrival to processes new born iqama all relevant attachments with birth certificate required, attestation is not required.
@mailmeksyed 
Thanks Syed,

Agents in India they are asking to make Saudi Embassy Attestation on Birth Ceritifcate before travel from india. 
As you said there is only Original Birth Certificate, Original PP, Vaccination Card, Parents Iqama & Valid ERE of Parents required for on arrival visa. My baby boy will be 2 Months old next month.. so planning to bring them along with me during eid holidays.. waiting for Baby's Passport as no Slot is available near. 
So, Please confirm above documents & no need for saudi attestation on Birth Certificate.
@mailmeksyed 
Also how we can fill  absher arrival registration form to be filled for infant aa he dont have iqama . Please advise
@mailmeksyed 
Thanks Syed,

Agents in India they are asking to make Saudi Embassy Attestation on Birth Ceritifcate before travel from india. 
As you said there is only Original Birth ... - @nawaaz2007
 It is recommended to do attestation but it depends on iqama processing for infant by yourself or by your company GRO. With GRO it is much easier because the jawazat officer will not question or check all the documents when submitted or with muqeem portal access by your company HR may be the iqama submission process is online now for dependent.Collection of card is from jawazat. Check with your GRO.
@mailmeksyed 
Also how we can fill  absher arrival registration form to be filled for infant aa he dont have iqama . Please advise
- @nawaaz2007
 Check out travel guidelines to enter KSA, what I know is children under the age of 12 no need of vaccine. Infant comes in unvaccinated category accompanied by mother better to call your inbound airline or visit them in person to understand the procedure. If you both provide the muqeem arrival information that is enough I believe.
@mailmeksyed
Also how we can fill  absher arrival registration form to be filled for infant aa he dont have iqama . Please advise
- @nawaaz2007
They asked about this during the check-in process. I told them that my baby is below 6 mos, no covid vaccine and no iqama, and they did not question anymore. We travelled thru Qatar Airways.
@Savge466

Thanks !!
Did they ask for Birth Certificate to be attested by Saudi Embassy. It is must to get Attestation before you travel to saudi arabia on arrival visa for your new born or no need.

Pls reply
@nawaaz2007

They did not asked this at the airport. For what I know, embassy attestation is not required for the BC of the Child even during the processing of Iqama, only translation, which is available here in SA.

I just authenticated the BC of the child from our country's MOFA.
Hi All. I need to know the process of getting iqama for my new born baby boy as we came from india on arrival visa without any issue.

Already got the Medical Insurance for my Baby Boy & now need to know the iqama process.

Appreciate your replies.

Jazak Allah Khair
@nawaaz2007

I just got approval from Absher today on my Son's Iqama. Here's what I did.

• Apply Insurance
  • Pay the 2000 SR Entry Visa & Dependents Levy
  • Prepare Document Requirements (combine 1 PDF file 1mb max) - Iqama of Parents, Passport of Parents & Passport of Baby with Visa & Border# Page
  • Apply it in Tawasul section in Absher (Arabic language)

Wait for approval. I got approved less than 24 hours.

Hope this helps.

@mustafa syed 87   so no muqeem registration for these on arrival babies, right?

Hi,
We are planning on going to UK for the birth of our baby and then will return within 2/3 weeks. I have seen some pages saying that polio immunization certificate is a must with a newborn baby born outside ksa. We can only get the first polio vaccine at 2 months and we want to come sooner. Can please someone share their experience? Whether at arriving Saudi airport, anyone enquired about the Polio immunity certificate? We are currently in Dammam.

Your help is much appreciated.

@Faisal. P you should travel before 6th month of pregnancy else air line will not allow to travel untill and unless you have doctor certificate of NOC for traveling.

on your return all vaccination as per child age must be completed 

Serene Air didnt allow us to travel from Pakistan saying that they dont know such policy.

Hi

I'm in UAE right now , I wanted to know whether my baby of 3 months old need visa for travel to Saudi Arabia. I'm resident of Saudi. Please anybody help me with information.

@MD zaky

Check out the tread , there is no change in procedure to get infant visa on arrival if the parents are on valid KSA iqama.

There are two procedures

Prearrival procedure and post arrival

For Prearrival valid infant passport and parent iqama with valid visa to eligible for on arrival visa.

Post arrival to processes new born iqama all relevant attachments with birth certificate required, attestation is not required.

@mailmeksyed

Asalam Alaikum

Brother, I want to bring my new born baby to KSA on on-arrival visa. I have valid Iqama but baby's mother is arriving first time on permanent family visa (stamped on passport). Do you see any issue in this case?

@mailmeksyed
Asalam Alaikum

Brother, I want to bring my new born baby to KSA on on-arrival visa. I have valid Iqama but baby's mother is arriving first time on permanent family visa (stamped on passport). Do you see any issue in this case?
-@Rehan Shami

Both parents should have iqama and any one exit rentry to get child visa on arrival, which is not in your case.

You can  visit the travel agent in your home country and ask him to get a visa stamp on child passport by showing the mothers stamped visa. Follow the same procedure of visa stamping.

It should work or check with saudi airlines in your country.

Assalamualaikum

Do they ask for polio vaccine ?

Hello yazzyboo2017,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Do you mean is the polio vaccine required while applying for a visa?

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Thanks yes for visa on arrival..do they ask for it need a response asa