Best area to live in Karachi

Hi Everyone.

السلام عليكم

I've been considering moving to Karachi and came across this forum on a search.

I am currently a Head Teacher in an independent school and have completed a BA, MA, PGCE and NPQH. I also run several of my own businesses and have a portfolio of properties in the UK.

I am currently undecided as to what line of work or business I would do in Karachi, which is not my main concern at this point in time.

I was born in the UK and have lived here all my life. However, my wife is from Pakistan. I have relatives in Pakistan as well as my in-laws.

I am intending to move to Karachi, as this is where most of our family is and I prefer having family around me.

I have done some research but would like to know how life is in Karachi, especially for Expats. I can speak fluent Urdu so language is not an issue.

My main question for the knowledgeable locals is in regards the best area for living. I have been looking at Defence and Clifton at the moment and would be looking at a property around £450,000.

I would mostly be relying on income from the UK and I am thinking of easing myself into the move by spending holidays there and getting used to the surrounding, mainly for my children and thereafter spending more time. Spacing the move over two or three years.

I look forward to your feedback and information and thank you in advance.

Hi Zain121,

Please note that i have created a new topic with your post in the Karachi forum since you have posted on an old and inactive thread.

Here members will feel free to communicate with you.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team  :cheers:

Hi Zain , Great to hear that. I am Ammar and you can contact me anytime for any advice you require about karachi .

Moderated by Priscilla 3 years ago
Reason : please do not post your personal contact details on the forum for your own security
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Yes i second that, Bahria is good,
But the problem is,
Driving in Karachi is horrible and to live in Bahria and work or do shopping from karachi, is very difficult.
I have property in Bahria, which until now i can only use on weekends or vacations. I have to continue living in the main city due to work.

Another issue, there is no good in Bahria still.

Please consider all factors before you decide.