Expat.com

EP Processing time May 2021

Last activity 06 July 2021 by Shekhz

Cherilyn Chng

Hi all,

This is for EP application May.

My company submitted my EP on 10th of May, current status: pending

beppi

You might also want to look at my statistics of EP processing times in the other thread.

minal91

Hi Team,

My EP renewal appeal is still pending from last 55 days. Now I am worried as only 2.5 weeks left for EP expiry and then will get 1 month STVP.

meanwhile Can I apply for PEP if I meets criteria ?

Please help.

Shekhz
minal91 wrote:

Hi Team,

My EP renewal appeal is still pending from last 55 days. Now I am worried as only 2.5 weeks left for EP expiry and then will get 1 month STVP.

meanwhile Can I apply for PEP if I meets criteria ?

Please help.

First things first, get a chaser across to MoM from your employer who has appealed. 55 days is too long, something doesn’t seem right.

If you don’t hear back in the next week or so on the appeal, get the appeal withdrawal done, get your PEP if criteria is met with (usually they don’t pick PEP application request before 4-6 weeks), you are thin on time indeed.

minal91

Thanks.

I am on appeal. and employer said that they already followed up and get case number last to last week.
So you mean I can still file PEP if I am on STVP extension after EP expiry.

Shekhz
minal91 wrote:

Thanks.

I am on appeal. and employer said that they already followed up and get case number last to last week.
So you mean I can still file PEP if I am on STVP extension after EP expiry.

I didn’t mention you can apply for PEP while you are on STVP. PEP’s first and foremost criteria is that you must be on an EP (not under sponsorship scheme), meet other criteria as well. With an expired EP, you can’t apply for a PEP.

DurbanP

Hey guys,

would like to share here my timeline, hopefully could be useful as reference

Application date: 04 June
Approval date: 12 June
Industry: Advertising (MNC)

Basically 5/6 working days

Many thanks to all the contributors of this forum for their help

And good luck everyone for your applications!

Shekhz
DurbanP wrote:

Hey guys,

Stunning, 5-6 days is lightning speed. Good luck with the new gig.

DurbanP

I was also impressed about the quick response

DurbanP
Shekhz wrote:
DurbanP wrote:

Hey guys,

Stunning, 5-6 days is lightning speed. Good luck with the new gig.

Thank you buddy smile.png

Nikki G34

Hi all, I’m in an interesting situation myself and am getting anxious.

I have had an EP approved in November 2019 and decided to switch companies earlier this year (2021) for several reasons. Lots of things have happened between leaving old company in March and now, but new company (who offered a job on March 11th but didn’t have an active job ad out) applied for my EP on May 11th and it’s still pending as of today. That’s 5 weeks. Can the company that’s hiring reach out to MOM to check if there’s any hold-ups/get a feeling for an eta? I’m getting really anxious.

beppi

Nikki: Please read existing forum posts from people in similar situations - and the answers they got. There is no point in writing the same over and over again!

Nikki G34

I would love to, and I have read through a few different posts and I saw a lot of information but nothing that answered the question that I just asked. Hence why I posed the question. As far as I can tell, I’d just have to randomly click through posts and some are from years ago. I’m interested in what is happening now since COVID has apparently thrown a wrench in to things. Some people who’s employer applied they same timeframe as mine have been approved, others rejected with varying levels of success on appeal, a few still pending like mine. Which is why I’m wondering where I could potentially get information from. I’ve already seen that MOM doesn’t take calls from the potential employee, which is why I asked if the employer would be able to get more information or if I ask them to call in, is MOM going to tell them that it takes as long as it takes.

Shekhz
Nikki G34 wrote:

I would love to, and I have read through a few different posts and I saw a lot of information but nothing that answered the question that I just asked. Hence why I posed the question. As far as I can tell, I’d just have to randomly click through posts and some are from years ago. I’m interested in what is happening now since COVID has apparently thrown a wrench in to things. Some people who’s employer applied they same timeframe as mine have been approved, others rejected with varying levels of success on appeal, a few still pending like mine. Which is why I’m wondering where I could potentially get information from. I’ve already seen that MOM doesn’t take calls from the potential employee, which is why I asked if the employer would be able to get more information or if I ask them to call in, is MOM going to tell them that it takes as long as it takes.

Employers/ Application submitters (typically law firms or agencies engaged by the employers), can check with MoM on the status. You cannot do so yourself as an applicant, your only option is to check the status online, via EPOnline.

Average approval time is 5.2 weeks, per forum posts. However we have also had forum members getting the approvals in less than a week/ ten days, whilst some have waited for over 8-10 weeks too.

kaushikpal12

I am not certain if below are options will be good to know if someone on the forum has had experience of requesting through the below two online enquiry tool

https://service2.mom.gov.sg/efeedback/F … ?option=19

Or

https://service2.mom.gov.sg/efeedback/F … dback.aspx

Nikki G34

Thank you so much for the information; luckily my EP was approved later that day, so now waiting for entry approval. Appreciate the help!

Shekhz

Nikki G34: Congratulations, in order.

vishwanathr87

Hi Team,

I have been working in Singapore from past 6 years.

This is for my new EP application.

Application date : 09th June

I checked with HR - MoM has asked for my resume. Anyone had similar case before? where MoM asked for resume and if yes, what was the outcome?

Appreciate all response/reply.

Thank you!

Shekhz

It isn’t unusual, it’s to validate the information with the resume you would have used to apply for the job. Just implies that there is scrutiny/ validation in progress- sit tight and wait for the music smile.png

They may come back asking for more info, or a decision- which could be an approval or rejection. None of us here can guarantee that.

beppi

The resume should have been submitted with the application in the first place.
But this will not cause any problems (in addition to lost time until the CV was submitted).

Nikki G34

Any news on when MOM is going to start accepting entry approval applications again? I did a search but the newest post was in April and they stopped accepting in early May. Just trying to figure out a potential timeline and make a plan.

beppi

As far as I know, they were accepting entry approval applications all the time.
Just entry approvals for people from some countries were stopped.

Nikki G34

Yes, not accepting entry approval applications from people from higher risk countries which includes everywhere EXCEPT: Australia, Brunei, mainland China, New Zealand, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/si … s-14764108

Shekhz

No changes as yet, refer to the ICA website for further updates.

vishwanathr87

Hi Team,

Apparently MOM asked for additional documents (justification letter to hire a foreign talent) and resume. My new employer submitted the same on 30th June.

Any idea about what are the chances of approval?

Thank you and appreciate your reply.

Thanks,

Shekhz

Vishwanathr87: Chances, nobody here can predict, it’s all up to MoM to take a measured decision.

Good thing is, documents requested, which means they have your application under consideration and review, not an outright rejection.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Work visas for Singapore
    Work visas for Singapore

As an expat, you must have a job to pay for your rent, bills, and leisure activities, but you can't just move ...

• Work visas in Singapore
    Work visas in Singapore

PEP applicants are assessed on the following criteria:

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles