Menu
Expat.com

Currently on STVP but have an IPA. How long can I stay?

Last activity 21 June 2021 by Dami444

Dami444

Hi all,
I've read a few posts on here already with some similar questions but nothing exactly the same.
Pretty much the title. I arrived in singapore on a social short visit (90 days) to be with my partner. I found a job (woohoo) and now have my in principle approval. This IPA took just over 3 weeks to receive as well after it was submitted. But my problem is that I'm not sure how long I'm allowed to stay in Singapore.
Is it my 90 day thing (july 12) or my IPA date (aug 17)?
I'm assuming it takes even more time to get my s pass card since i have to submit these medical forms.
Thanks for any help!

beppi

STVPs are issued for 30 (sometimes only 15) days, and can only by extended to 90 days with a valid reason (difficult!). Are you sure you got 90 days upfront?
You should get the work pass, which you have the IPA for, issued before your STVP expires.

kaushikpal12

Aug 17
However since you entered on STVP and may continue on IPA / S pass nothing stops you from calling/ writing to ICA formally and asking

Dami444

Yes. Australians have 90 days.

I'll just get the medical done today and make sure my company finishes it all tomorrow hopefully. Otherwise we will apply for an extension in the worst case, the only problem is on the website it seems to suggest you cant extend beyond 89 days since arrival.

I've called the mom before about if we should apply for a LTVP even though i have an incoming work pass and never got a straight answer.

But so far it's been a very stressful and confusing process. Even coming here initially i got conflicting info from ica and singapore airlines about if i needed a covid test before departure (turns out i didn't)

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Work visas for Singapore
    Work visas for Singapore

As an expat, you must have a job to pay for your rent, bills, and leisure activities, but you can't just move ...

• Work visas in Singapore
    Work visas in Singapore

PEP applicants are assessed on the following criteria:

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles