Menu
Expat.com

Renew tourist visa behind 3 years of stay

Last activity 12 September 2021 by blacksheepjuno

mikebrant1973

Today I got finally all the information about renew visa behind 3 years of stay under tourist visa(9a)
I got it in cebu office of immigration .
One  week before your visa expire(the 36 months) , you need to go to the immigration near your area and submit : motion for reconsideration (sigh in front a lawyer ), and fill the regular form for extension , and ask for 6 months.
Now , the reply will come from manila main office in 2 to 3 months , that time you not be consider over stay.
As for now,  99% of the application get deny !!! and you get a deportation order to leave the Philippines in 60 days, and you need to pay 25,000 php, plus the application fee around 7 to 9 k.
You will not consider overstay or black listed once you leave in 60 days.
Need to look at it as a package deal, extra 5 months of visa extension (3 months for reply from manila then 60 days extra they give you )
So its 35,000 php for 5 months of extension behind the 36 months of stay ,
As 99 % get deny , as the Philippines law not allowed more then 36 months for tourist to stay here , even if we suffer from corona pandemic , and its hard to find place to go to.
By the way , I check the rules in Europe , most of the country in Europe automatically renew all immigration visa until the end of the year,,including those of filippino worker,,,,
Hope they will understand here , and let the foreigners who stack here at least 1 year to renew regularly with out all the papers  , until the corona will gone

Enzyte Bob

How much does a glass of milk cost?

manwonder

(omo)
I think most of us should  know that  most european TOURISTS here always have more "MILK" to offer than most petite pinoy WORKERS in Europe.
No one said milking of cows/tourists/workers were meant to be treated equal.
(omo)

blacksheepjuno

There’s a new development in the 36 month limit as of September 9.
I’m not sure how it’s going to work, but apparently foreigners will be able to continue to renew tourist visas beyond the 36 month limit until such time as the pandemic is officially declared over.
I attached links to the two pages posted on the BI website, or you can navigate to the announcements tab your self on their website.
I don’t know the costs involved or anything else, but I suggest everyone in this situation pay attention to the latest news for more information.

ADVISORY
2021 September 09

2021Sep09 advisory 01

https://immigration.gov.ph/images/Advis … ory_01.jpghttps://immigration.gov.ph/images/Advis … ory_02.jpg

Articles to help you in your expat project in Davao

• Work visa for the Philippines
    Work visa for the Philippines

If you're a prospective expatriate looking to start a new career in the Philippines, understanding the visa ...

• Visas for the Philippines
    Visas for the Philippines

If you're a foreign national intending to move to the Philippines, you can choose among different types of ...

• Obtaining a 13A visa
    Obtaining a 13A visa

As my wife is Filipino I applied for a 13A non-quota immigration visa while we were living in the UK. I submitted ...

• Work in Davao
    Work in Davao

Located in Mindanao, Davao is a very dynamic city in economic terms, providing many professional opportunities for ...

• Getting married in the Philippines
    Getting married in the Philippines

Getting married in the Philippines provides a backdrop of immense beauty through stunning beaches, tropical ...

• Accommodation in Manila
    Accommodation in Manila

There are lots of renting options to choose from when relocating to Manila. Most expats in the Philippines live in ...

• Accommodation in Iloilo
    Accommodation in Iloilo

Iloilo, nicknamed the 'Heart of the Philippines', is a province stretching over 4,663 km² in the ...

• Accommodation in Davao
    Accommodation in Davao

Davao is an established metropolitan area with its capital, Davao City, catching up to the main Philippine cities ...

All of Davao's guide articles