Class D Spouse Visa for Ukraine - Advice needed!

Hi, i'm looking for some advice from anyone who has completed the whole process of gaining their Class D Spouse Visa recently.

I'm married to a Ukrainian, but i've yet to get my Class D-Visa and thus the subsequent TRP etc.

I know the cost for the D-Visa being a UK citizen is £1500 , but what is the actual amount required for the sufficient funds/ proof of funds? As it is a very confusing equation given on the official dmsu and mfa sites, some clarity is needed.

If anyone has completed this whole process recently (during 2021) I hope that you can shed some light on your experience and the process further.

Many thanks in advance,

Jaggi.

Hi there!I did get long term d14 spouse Visa from India within a week and it cost me 250$ in urgent if you want normal it will cost 150$They will check your bank statement you need to have minimum 2500$ in your account.Marriage certificate Health insurance Immigration in Ukraine is also very relaxing. temporary residence permit  cost me 2500 Ukrainian currency.
Here there are lawyer who will try to ripped you off askin for 500$ plus for TRP.
The process for Temporary residence is also very simple and easy. It take upto 3 weeks to get it.
You just need your passport translation into Ukrainian and notarization.
Your long term d14 visa
Marriage certificate
Your wife passport ( Ukraine passport)

Once you received your TRP you need to register your address within 30 days after getting TrP at local government office where your wife stays

I got all my paperwork done within a month.
Good luck for your process

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Does anyone know whether being from the United Kingdom, the $2500  amount in your account is enough or if more is required than that due to Bilateral Agreements etc?

You're lucky that you only needed to pay such a small amount for your D-Visa! Being British, I have to pay a whopping  £1500

Hi Jaggis

Firstly when you apply for your Visa D . Do it online in the UK. Then book an appointment. When you arrive ( I guess LONDON) they will look at your passport and a very quick look at your bank statement, its more to show , you have an account, not what is in it. Pay for the Visa D by bank card, cash is not a good idea. They will take your passport of you, and give you it back in about 20 days time, with the visa D.. I would also suggest that you get your visa D  to start a few days after the date you will collect it, as the start date you need to be traveling to Ukraine. This is because although you have a visa D it is still only valid for 90 days. and when you arrive in the Ukraine you need to be looking to starting your TRP. This can take up to 30 days. One good thing is, that if you find a problem with your TRP application your visa D will be extended. When you get your TRP you need to register at your wife's address or at an address. You need medical insurance , get one that covers you for 90 days, when you arrive in the Ukraine, buy Ukrainian health insurance its about £50 for a year. Why you ask. well the Ovir needs to see it in Ukrainian and it could cost almost the same to get a translation. Trust me , my first insurance was for the year £560. paperwork 68 pages double-sided and the Ovir asked for the lot to be translated. Then she said get a Ukrainian insurance to cover 35,000 euros and bring to her and all good. You will need a notarized copy of you passport with the Visa D in it. They will also keep it till TRP is granted. If you married in the Ukraine then they will need a copy and see the original. If you got married outside that also needs to be notarized. May sound complicated but really its not. Total cost for the TRP is around 2500 uah translation first time 300 to 600 and normally 100 uah per copy.  Translation from 100 to 300 uah per page (side)

Hope that helps

martin

Can you provide more details about the bank statement?
Did you show it in English or does it need a translation?
Do you need stamps from an actual bank office or is a print-out from your online banking system ok?

Hi there
The bank statement for Visa D to Ukraine for Embassy needs to be resent . like a few days old and in English is of, You see the proofing of the statement comes when you come to pay. It need to be via bank card. From that they get any information they need , but frankly dont think they do it.