Importing a new car from China

Hello to ALL.
I intend to buy a new electric car from China. Does anyone have an idea on how to proceed?
I need a forwarding company to do all the papers work.
Can you recommend one?
Best regards. Rudy.

Hope this helps :

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.autoin … -in-ph/amp

As for me I'll stick with my similar priced re-assembled 660cc multicab which has served me well.

:D

stillbiker wrote:

Hello to ALL.
I intend to buy a new electric car from China. Does anyone have an idea on how to proceed?
Can you recommend one?
Best regards. Rudy.

Hi Rudy.

That's a really interesting bit of info as well as the follow up from manwonder. Is it the same one in the link? Looks good but I would wonder about back up with service and potential problems once landed with what appears to be no distributors/franchises here yet.
Keep us posted how you go with this.

Cheers, Steve.

Can I recharge the battery with my cell phone charger?. . . . or how many Triple A batteries do I need?

Many thanks, manwonder. But it does NOT answer my search.

Enzyte Bob. Please BE SERIOUS!!! A normal 220V socket will be OK, Charging time depend on the size of the battery usually 8 hours,

stillbiker wrote:

Many thanks, manwonder. But it does NOT answer my search.

But it was a good read.
Obviously there is no help here so as many say God helps those that help themselves and expat sites can be a good start but.

I do like google, works most times and can point me in the right direction.

https://tinyurl.com/476kkpce

I have used a forwarding company here to move from Australia to the Philippines but unsure if they will handle your concerns. We used this company as a subsidiary of OSS world wide movers.

https://tinyurl.com/hnvdsyru

Very professional and easy to deal with.

Good luck and let us know how you go.

Cheers, Steve.

Let me know how it goes.  I may be buying a new car in a year or so.

stillbiker wrote:

Hello to ALL.
Can you recommend one?
Best regards. Rudy.

ICant the chinese seller agree to sell it CIF instead of FOB?  Then seller solve  the first steps. Phil custom can be priblematic so it can be better to hire an agent to handle that, but I dont have any to recomend.  Better have one close to the port where custom will handle it.

Btw - Have you thought of spare parts if you buy a car without seller in Phils ?
(I have some plans to buy a production MASHINE or two from China. If I do, I will buy spare parts at same ttime, at least them likely to can break suddenly.)

I know of even a electric vehicles brands WITH agents in Phils has frustrated customers with not functioning vehiicles when they havent got spare parts delivered after half YEAR even at common parts of course expected to be in stock at the agent...

stillbiker wrote:

Hello to ALL.
Can you recommend one?
Best regards. Rudy.

Importing an electric car from China is going to give you so much aggravation, you're going to wish you never did.

Being that you do live in the Philippines from experience you know nothing is easy. By the time you're finished, if you manage with all the fees and regulations to get your electric vehicle,  will it be worth it with all the stress and extra cost.

Compute how much the stress is worth, how much all the fees and taxes are and then the cost of the car.

Once you have that figure computed, use that as a guideline for a purchase of an electric vehicle, new or used in the Philippines.

This will add several years to your expected life.

Enzyte Bob wrote:
stillbiker wrote:

Hello to ALL.
Can you recommend one?
Best regards. Rudy.

Importing an electric car from China is going to give you so much aggravation, you're going to wish you never did.

Being that you do live in the Philippines from experience you know nothing is easy. By the time you're finished, if you manage with all the fees and regulations to get your electric vehicle,  will it be worth it with all the stress and extra cost.

Compute how much the stress is worth, how much all the fees and taxes are and then the cost of the car.

Once you have that figure computed, use that as a guideline for a purchase of an electric vehicle, new or used in the Philippines.

This will add several years to your expected life.

morgan freeman he's right you know.gif

To ALL who might be interested in ELECTRIC VEHICLES in the Philippines
By August 26 a webinar will be organised. Register on evap.com.ph,
EVAP = ELECTRIC VEHICLE ASSOCIATION PHILIPPINES.
Best regards. Rudy.

You might be buying a headache if you eventually succeed importing an electric car from China. It seemed it will be more expensive in terms of initial investment, spare parts, repair and red tape to get the vehicle street legal and registered in the Philippines. At this time, total cost of ownership might be less if you buy an electric car from mainstream brands that has a presence in the Philippines.
Besides, you will look better if seen driving an electric Honda (or even a gas-powered multicab) than driving a no-name Chinese vehicle.

Jackson4 wrote:

You might be buying a headache if you eventually succeed importing an electric car from China. It seemed it will be more expensive in terms of initial investment, spare parts, repair and red tape to get the vehicle street legal and registered in the Philippines. At this time, total cost of ownership might be less if you buy an electric car from mainstream brands that has a presence in the Philippines.
Besides, you will look better if seen driving an electric Honda (or even a gas-powered multicab) than driving a no-name Chinese vehicle.

Have you beco,me "Filipimiced"  ?    :) 
Why bothered what look best ??

Much better to blend in, thats why I think of just buying a common colored Suzuki minivan.

The rest I agree with you about.

Now for a closer look at the Wuling Hongguang Mini EV which only costs around PHP 215,000 here.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=sFSJDSh1jmE … ture=share

hoot hoot

Many of these rules apply to importing vehicles, not just OFW.  Read the article

https://thepinoyofw.com/import-car-philippines/

I have an EV coming from China should arrive the first week of September. My solar guy got an electric car import license. Until recently the tarif was 150% ( luxury tax) last year for complete cars. We were going to import in pieces (motor, body and battery and put it together here and pay the standard tarif of 20%. January they changed the law and we can now import entire cars. But had to wait for the new EV import license effective Sept 1. He has a Facebook page CCES Solar California based in Sindangan Zamboanga Del Norte.

@stillbiker

Did you buy your EV from China, this is an old post, just curious how it went.