ACCA/Oxford Brookes University BSc Attestation

Dear All,

Urgent help needed.

I m based in UK am ACCA and ACA (ICAEW) qualified from UK.

I have been offered a role on Saudia and have been asked if my BSc degree is face to face and online by my recruiter?

I have a BSc degree from Oxford Brookes University (ACCA partnership) in Applied Accounting. I wanted to check if anyone had success in getting this degree attested from Saudi Cultural and Saudi consulate in UK and what was the process.

Thanks for your hep and guidance in advance.

Hi

Did you get this sorted out ? I am also in UK having ACCA and BSc Hons from oxford brookes university. I have been offered employment in Saudi Arabia and someone recently pointed this issue to me that I might face this issue.

Thanks

@06toolingfirings - i am in the same boat , were you successful ? I would appreciate any guidance. Regards

@mw267 - can you please update us ? As i am in the same boat , were you successful in getting your Bsc in Applied accounting attested ? Any guidance would be appreciated.

Saudi Culture does not attest online degrees - it has to be face to face.  That is their rule.  If you submit a degree, they will ask for a copy of your student visa in that country to prove that you were a full time student.

They also won't attest ACCA etc.  However, Saudi Embassy will attest ACCA after British Council attestation.

@XTang  - ok thanks for your help. Yes i was on a student visa in London and used to attended full time ACCA classes and for my final dissertation, had a mentor who reviewed all my work before submission so in a way yes i had face to face classes because ACCA marks are counted towards the degree.

Then try to apply for attestation and see what happens.  Look for an agent in the UK who will help with the process.

@XTang I heard that if you have the employment letter, then they might attest this online degree. Is this true?

You can try your luck.  Things change everyday.

@mw267 Hi , did you manage to get your work visa sorted? I am in the same boat as yourself and would really appreciate if you can please tell us your journey and how you overcame this situation? Thank you :)

@Z-k Hi. Were you able to get your OBU BSc attested? Did having an employment letter help?

@Ray Kay Hi. Were you able to get your OBU BSc attested? Did having an employment letter help?

@mw267 Hi. Were you able to get work visa to Saudi Arabia with your ACCA membership?

Or get your OBU BSc attested? Appreciate a response please

Dear All, I know how frustrated you all might be with this situation. Let me give you some good news and explain this process in detail and simple words.

There are two places you need to get a Degree attested for a job in Saudi Arabia.

1) The Embassy or the MOFA (different countries would have different names for it but this is the office that will be stamping your passport with work visa). They will attest any certificate including ACCA. However, they will only attest a degree that has been attested by the Saudi Cultural Bureau first. (that's where its impossible to get OBU Degree via ACCA route attested - please read along for reason)

2) The Saudi Arabia Cultural Bureau. They only attest degrees and not certificates (e.g. ACCA etc) and they only consider a degree VALID, if and only if, it was studied in a brick university by physically attending the classes in the university building for at least 80% of the time. They don't consider degrees as valid that are studied online or distance learning (OBU via ACCA route) and will never attest them.

Good News -

In 2022 Dec, my ACCA Membership Certificate (not affiliate or part qualified) was attested by the Saudi Embassy in the UK and was accepted as a valid educational certificate for the purpose of issuing a Financial Manager work visa.

Further, in order to get a Yellow Slip (the slip that you need to get permanent family visas for your immediate family (e.g. Wife and Children) , you will again need to translate and take the translated and the original Attested ACCA Membership Certificate to the MOFA here in Saudi Arabia and the good news is that they did issue me the Yellow Slip (Feb 2023) on the basis of Attested ACCA Membership Certificate. Once you are in the Saudi Arabia, you will also have to register with SOCPA (Saudi Organisation for Chartered Public Accountants) using your attested ACCA Membership Certificate and will need to take it with you to the MOFA here in Saudi Arabia to your Yellow Slip appointment.

I used Vital Consular - [link moderated] to get my ACCA Membership Certificate attested by the Saudi embassy. They are very professional and knows what they are doing. There are other authorised agents of Saudi Embassy in the UK who will tell you that you cannot get an ACCA Membership Certificate attested via the Saudi Arabia Embassy but I found that to be false based on my personal experience with Vital Consular. I guess they confuse the rule for a degree with ACCA Membership Certificate.

I hope the above is clear and is helpful to someone as I personally struggled a lot to get any answer from any official source and it was a big gamble that I had no option but to play.

One free Tip, Do NOT Resign from current job until you the stamped Visa in your hand from Saudi Arabia Embassy. The employers here understand the bureaucracy involved in this lengthy process and are very co-operative and will be fine if you negotiate your joining date or working remotely in the beginning. I didn't know that and was very stressed considering in the UK the employer expects you to join on short notice or are difficult to negotiate with for extending the joining date.

This is me asking for help 🙏
    @mw267 Hi , did you manage to get your work visa sorted? I am in the same boat as yourself and would really appreciate if you can please tell us your journey and how you overcame this situation? Thank you smile.png-@samiafzal5

@Just want to help

Can you please tell us if there is any way to get OBU attestation?

@Just want to help

Hi there, thankyou for your help. Can you please spare a minute to tell us about Obu degree attestation? Is there any way that is possible? Without membership

@osamaidrees88 i am ACCA qualified with BSC OBU degree, residing in KSA and looking forward to Attest my certifications from saudi Culture,

What i have listened is now KSA has joined the HAUGE CONVENTION and so the ACCA membership certificate is no longer attested by Saudi Embassy. It is  attested by the solicitor and FCO in UK and FCO stamp is recognised by saudi embassy

@Z-k Did you get any success on this?

Is there any one who got equivalence letter from HEC for OBU degree in Pakistan