Menu
Expat.com

VTL - Smart Health Card QR code error for VTP

Last activity 21 March 2022 by cartercrew1234

ssa_lly

@MMaxsing

I registered my self as a patient at a hospital where they use MyChart. MyChart stores your information/ medical record, you can make doctors appointments and stuff. Once you have the access to MyChart, you can get a QR code from there! MyChart is authorized and it’s under Common Trust Network but you also have to find hospitals carefully...

as @michele28ice mentioned, there article is here; https://medium.com/@nesporean/how-to-ge … 5e5547c279

i’m not rly good at explaining but the article above explains everything smile.png

all i did was to call Advocate Aurora health (in my case, i pick this hospital bc i’m in chicago and there is the medical facility from advocate nearby my apartment), asked the representative to register myself as a patient. after the phone call, the representative sent me a link to access to MyChart, and i successfully pulled out my QR code from there!!

pls let me know if u have any more questions... i’m sorry i’m not very good at explaining sad.png

ssa_lly

@MMaxsing

you must find a hospital using MyChart system, and being authorized QR code issuers under Common Trust Network (list is here; https://www.commontrustnetwork.org/verifier-list )

FYI, i have done everything online and phone call. I didn’t actually need to make a doctors appointment and visit him/her.

ssa_lly

update for you guys!
i haven’t actually applied for my VTP yet but i want to the portal, filled out my info and upload my QR code... and it worked! it says “verified”

MMaxsing

Thanks.  I did find a Dr using MyChart.   It did not auto pull my vaccine info so I uploaded it myself.  It is under review now.   My concern is I did not see where to request/get a QR code.   Of course I do not have any records yet to put in a QR code.   I hope it is just not having the records.   I am using a Dr on the common trust network.

DB0882
honguyen45 wrote:

How did you get VaccineCheck QR code to work again? My in-laws couldn't get their VaccineCheck-issued QR codes to scan at JFK. Luckily they were able to get an SQ supervisor override to be allowed to check in, and then had to run through TSA to get to the gate just in time for the flight to leave sad.png Now we are very worried about them clearing immigration at Changi sad.png

The QR codes used to showed Verified when I used the Verifier app to check. But today, after hearing their check-in problems, I used the Verifier app to check the QR code generated from the direct link and saw the error message that the issuer is not recognized, so it's only a partial verification. Yikes.

Is singapore airlines strict with the Smart QR code? My gf is flying this sunday night from jfk, and im a bit worried since she got hers from vaccinecheck

DB0882
ssa_lly wrote:

@MMaxsing

I registered my self as a patient at a hospital where they use MyChart. MyChart stores your information/ medical record, you can make doctors appointments and stuff. Once you have the access to MyChart, you can get a QR code from there! MyChart is authorized and it’s under Common Trust Network but you also have to find hospitals carefully...

as @michele28ice mentioned, there article is here; https://medium.com/@nesporean/how-to-ge … 5e5547c279

i’m not rly good at explaining but the article above explains everything smile.png

all i did was to call Advocate Aurora health (in my case, i pick this hospital bc i’m in chicago and there is the medical facility from advocate nearby my apartment), asked the representative to register myself as a patient. after the phone call, the representative sent me a link to access to MyChart, and i successfully pulled out my QR code from there!!

pls let me know if u have any more questions... i’m sorry i’m not very good at explaining sad.png

How long did this mychart process took before your info is uploaded and you got the QR code?

ssa_lly

@DB0882

it was literally 10 seconds to load my vaccine record on MyChart (because i am a new patient?), then i was able to choose either pulling out a QR code or downloading a PDF vaccine record.

but my fiancé was having a problem, he was a patient at the same hospital back in Wisconsin already. we both got covid vaccine in Illinois so in his case, it took a day to pull out his QR code for some reasons...

honguyen45

Can't say generally, but for my in-laws, the agent tried for 30 minutes, then a supervisor stepped in to do an override. Not sure how much begging/pleading my in-laws had to do. Their story was full of chaos, so it was hard to tell. They mentioned there was a party that was denied boarding. Not sure why.

Srinivasan Kadirvelu

Hi, please suggest a way for getting VTL cleared for vaccination certificates issued by Ontario, Canada.

chqin1

Hi I am facing the same issue with you now, did you get any workaround on this? Thanks

DB0882

Just an update, my gf managed to get through Singapore Airlines in JFK. I think they really cant hold you as long as you have your VTL pass. Her Smart QR code was from vaccinecheck, it was still working during the time she appllied for VTL. No fuzz as well when she arrived here in Singapore. The PCR test results came after 5 hours of being isolated.

bessie81

If your provider in US doesn’t not issue a QR code, you can generate under Vaccinecheck.com but you have to pay for it - they have accelerated service at extra cost too.

jeangoyal

Have you figured out how to get around the missing middle name? I have a similar problem. My US passport has my full name (including middle names) but my California QR code has only first and last name. And there is no way to change the QR code's information

Ethan Fischer

@ssa_lly I'm in the exact same boat (live in chicago, vaccinated at walgreens)

Please update if you figure anything out! I've already gotten rejected at the Singapore border once and I don't ever want to relive it

SriRam250

Hi,

I am trying to upload my Indian vaccination certificate in VTL. I tries in different format like png, pdf

But very time its says QR code invalid, I also screen shot the QR code separately and tried uploading it

the same error, Is anyone here successful in uploading a Indian Vaccination certificate to ICA. Please

reply.

ssa_lly

@Ethan

I am sorry for the late reply!
I successfully arrived in Singapore a few days ago via VTL and was very busy with moving/settling down here.

I mentioned earlier but I contacted a hospital and became a patient there, then I received my vaccine QR on portal. It works for your VTP and whenever you need to show your QR code at the airport! (I got both doses at Walgreens)

The process at the checking counter wasn’t very smooth but I prepared everything (ex: VTP, visa, PCR test result, vaccine QR code...) and had no problem at all.

Just for tips, you need to purchase On-arrival PCR test beforehand through online and also submit the electrical arrival card online!! My fiancé and I got tested at 6:00 pm ish and received a result at 12:00am.

Buddytravelr

There is an error on the NYS Excelsior pass plus App.  If you use the App bar code and upload to apply for Singapore VTP, it will fail. What I did instead is to obtain the Excelsior Plus bar code from the website on a computer, crop that and submit, and got my VTP within minutes of application. The regular Excelsior pass bar code will not work.  It has to be the Plus bar code. You can use a Smart app code reader to verify.
Side note: VTP application requires a different last name and first name input that Americans are used to.

cartercrew1234

Hello,
I am having the same issue where the VTL registration will not upload my QR code. Can you please tell me how you fixed your issue? And who helped you resolve the problem? I don't know who to contact.

Thank you,
Teri

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Work visas for Singapore
    Work visas for Singapore

As an expat, you must have a job to pay for your rent, bills, and leisure activities, but you can't just move ...

• Work visas in Singapore
    Work visas in Singapore

PEP applicants are assessed on the following criteria:

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles