Menu
Expat.com

Vaccination verification

Last activity 15 March 2022 by Sumomaster2004

Fritz62

Hello, I arrived at Manila airport with my International Vaccination Certificate issued by the Australian Government.
The quarantine officer said that this document could not be verified, which I could not understand why. Meant I had to spend 2 extra days in quarantine. Keep that in mind Aussies

onefogarty

Welcome to the new normal 🤪

johncroy

Yes ANY document used internationally must be authenticated (Apostille) by the country of origin.  There are not exceptions to this rule even for a so called "international" vaccination certificate.  If it was issued by the Australian government and you want to use it in another country it must be authenticated by Apostille for use in the Philippines.

Fritz62

Cheers mate,
I asked Department of quarantine about verification and they would not give me a straight answer.

lycaneyes8

Check this link for more information: https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1156740

Incendiary

wow, now Philippines already allow tourist entry from Australia?

onefogarty

Moderated by Cheryl 2 years ago
Reason : Off topic.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Enzyte Bob

Sorry lycaneyes8. .You made the fatal error of providing a link that could be of value to people on this forum so it automatically comes under review and never to be seen again.

Thank you Expat.com and your heavy hand for providing a disservice.

Expat.com, if you're going to put something under review, then please review it and timely.

Fritz62

Not yet. I had to get an travel exemption to see my family

dodi1000

Gentlemen,
Gulf Air stopped me in Saudi Arabia from bording the plane to Manila.  They advised that I need yellow international certificate of vaccination for covid-19 to be allowed in Manila.  I am a British citizen and I had 3 covid-19 vacinations in Saudi Arabia..I went to Amsterdam and London last week and I came back to Saudi Arabia and no one asked about this ICV for covid-19..Does anyone know how to get this ICV covid-19 in Saudi Arabia?  Thank you,  Dodi

Big Mad Wolf

This is a helpful youtube video (as of Feb 18, 2022) on yellow card. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymc_dSIrRVw

dodi1000

Thank you Sir.
Excellent helpful video
Regards
Dodi

Okieboy

These vacation cards must not be required going to the USA, I know an American who went to the states about 3 months ago, and was not vaccinated at all, that was the reason he went back because he figured he would have to be vaccinated if he stays in the Philippines, he said he had no problem because he was not vaccinated

Wellsfry

Just left the "Philippine Airport Diagnostic Laboratory"... 3000 pesos, a free box meal from chow king, lol... and guaranteed 8 hour turn around of my results.  I had them double check my info... especially u.s. Citizen part...  very fast... organized... took all of 15 minutes beginning to end... unlike most things in the Philippines where just paying your electric bill takes 3 hours... lol...  I did already have my qr code because I had pre registered.  They are making bank! ... non stop testing... 4 people testing every 5 minutes.  Gonna be hard for the city of Manila to stop it... we will see...

capricornrising

All the gouging going on EVERWHERE brings out the poor(true )character of a person/persons. Sad!

Guest6687

Verification : yes or no, can un-vaccinated foreigners from u.s enter Philippines if they quarantine ?

Wellsfry

All was smooth... back on U.S. soil... the test only took 6 hours from getting swabbed, to receiving the (negative) result in my email inbox... I took a screen shot and used it to board the plane out of Manila to Vancouver, B.C... no issues at all...

AaronAardvark

yes

nosredna

It's my understanding that foreign tourists must be vaccinated to enter the Philippines.  The only unvaccinated allowed in are Filipino nationals.

Check out this link for additional information... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJpryAFPfns

AaronAardvark said 'yes' but not sure where he is getting his information.  AaronAardvark, can you advise?

Wellsfry

This is my understanding as well... I do see mixed information as far as unvaccinated being able to quarantine when they arrive, however international flights require a Vax card... so ya... information available right now is contradictory.

Sumomaster2004

Under level 1 do they still require Vacc card for domestic air travel?

Articles to help you in your expat project in the Philippines

All of the Philippines's guide articles