Nongfu spring water

You might want to put down that bottle of water you're drinking, or at least check the caps, if recent larvae-related allegations are to be believed! A father and son claim that they opened sealed bottles of Nongfu spring water in Tongzhuo, Bejing on Thursday and found worm eggs inside the caps. The boy, who apparently screamed after taking a gulp of water then seeing the eggs, experienced diarrhea and vomiting and was later diagnosed with acute enteritis. Nongfu has responded by releasing the following statement: ""It never happened. The worm eggs were actually on the outside of the bottles, not the inside." The shopkeeper maintains that they opened more bottles and found more eggs, and she refused to return the suspect bottles (which were bottled in Jilin province in June) when Nongfu delivery men came back to pick them up. First it was bacteria in Beijing bottles earlier this month, and now this!

http://shanghaiist.com/2011/07/25/nongf … legati.php

Here the Asnwers on the original Post:

BBC_Redux 2 months ago
The only way to find out is for the shopkeeper to surrender the bottles to a third party for evaluation. They will find out what kind of larvae it is. Even the presence of larvae in the water shud not cause the child to have diarrhea, if the water is properly pasteurized. Too early to tell whether the water was contaminated at the origin.

Brian Parker 2 months ago
I said this before and I'll say it again. The food distributors of China do not control who bottles or packages their product.  They simply give them the means to perform the process to the best of their ability and take a certain percentage off the top for selling their names.  You never know, whether or these people are collecting these bottles around the neighborhood and re-filling these bottles themselves.   That is why these make shift convenient marts in the apartments or cigarette shops should not be allowed to operate.  Chinese scam artist are very inefficient at cheating at the easiest of scams.

I just changed to Nestle Water ... and it is horrible to drink pure. I changed back to Nongfu as I drink it already since 2006 and had never problems around China with it. Any news about Nongfu that we should know?