Menu
Expat.com

New members of the Oman forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Last activity 29 December 2022 by Vero

Julien

Hi all,

Newbie on the Oman forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you wink.png

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Oman if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Serhat.S

Hello,

I'm Serhat from Istanbul. Interior Designer here and I will be moving to Muscat at the end of January.

Cheryl

Hello Serhat.S

Welcome to Expat.com  cheers.png

Is there a way we can assist you in your move to Muscat?

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team.

Serhat.S

Hello Cheryl,

Thank you for your kindness and interest. Actually everything arranged by my company but i would like to learn about Oman culture, attractions and social life.

Thanks,

Serhat.

Asif_Hassan

Dear Julien,

Thanks for creating the thread. Everyone is welcome for any advice on Oman.

Regards,

Jsay

I am new here in muscat Oman, I am from Nigeria
I will like to meet new people. Especially Nigerians to to let me know some places.

shaitalabz

Goodday,hope all is well.I am Nigerian physician currently working in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia. In the distant future I would like to move to Oman if possible. I would like to confirm some information first
1)As an expat does the omani government still collect and hold on to your passport
2)I know they still practice the kalifa system there but how stringent is it
3)Is it better to work for a private hospital or government hospital, money aside
4)How bad is racism and discrimination there is it as bad as as in America or other middle eastern countries, please be truthful about this as you have nothing to gain or lose by telling me the truth
5)All things being equal can you point in the direction for me to start my transition

nwachukwuchidiebere10

Good day doc.

Send a DM to ***

He can answer most of your questions.

Cheers

Moderated by Bhavna 2 years ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
shaitalabz

are you on whatsapp

naziruabbas

Please are you Doc? I want to ask you something please

shaitalabz

yes I am shoot

naziruabbas

Am PHYSICIAN GP currently working in KSA also want to move to Oman but seriously I want to know the working comditions of Doctors in term of job security, Racism, harassment by Patient, litigations etc and then how true is it that the Job is only Private Hospital For expat not government Hospital?

shaitalabz

I am not in oman as of yet but I am working on it but from what I gather I heard it is best to work with government entities and if you get any leads please inform me
thanks

navegante1111

Hi

My name is Carmen, living in Oman for 13 years.

We do business in Oman in the field of marketing, advertising and representing agencies from abroad.

Nice meeting you all

Have a good day

Guest9872

Hello everyone!
I'm Alban, Civil engineer from North Macedonia. Arrived in Muscat in the beginning of this year. Planning to stay for at least 2 years. Currently living in Al Amarat area (work is closer from here). Settling's been good so far with minor issues on the way. Loving the country. 

Main issue: Driving license. I know probably there's been a lot of posts related to this topic but since I'm new around I'd be glad if someone can guide me. As it stands my Macedonian driving license is not recognized in Oman (even though we drive in the same side, is accepted in EU and most parts of the world). Apparently I need to take some classes and then pass the exam (not sure which exam, do i go full driving school or how?) 

The forum looks cool I have just found it and I am happy I did smile.png

pokunlaura

Hi all,

I have just moved to Oman. I am from Mauritius and would like to connect with people here.

This topic about the driving licence interest me.  I heard that even if I have an international licence, I still need to take the driving test here ?

Pls help.

Thanking you beforehand.

Laura

Anengbe21

@Julien Thanks for welcoming me. 

I'm an Orthopaedic surgeon,  seeking to  take the OMSB viva exams and hoping to get the offer 

Oman/man
 Get in touch with me.

تضمين التغريدة 
21CAST
  This is the epilogue to my first novel which starts and will end in Oman. The main character is based off of me and I have added some fictitious elements, but It is who I am and hopefully portrays how much I love Oman as I have lived here for about seven years. 

Mimi Verde was not a model, she always thought of herself as someone with a clean heart, not interested in money, and not interested in being the richest person. Her build was a medium build, her hair was longer, and she liked to clip it to the back of her head letting the tawny smaller hairs sweep the nape of her neck. She just wanted to live a simple life, while always trying her best to respect everyone regardless of their status.
       She was a single American woman who had come to Oman to teach Kindergarten in one of the prestigious international schools in Al Khoudh. She loved her job, as a teacher. She always went out of her way to give her students the best education that they could receive-all hands on-so that learning was fun and going home was the time when they could spend time with their families.
      She had been married several times and had four children all over the age of six years old. She now had lived in Oman for one year, and she truly felt that this was the place where she could start over.  Her parents lived in America, where she was born and raised, but she was always enticed by the world and cultures beyond her upbringing.
     She had started her international teaching career in Al Ain, in the United Arab Emirates. She was in Abu Dhabi for about one year, Dubai for one-year, Northern Kurdistan Region-in Iraq for nine months and started her life in Muscat in April 2015.  She has been single since 2013 and it had been hard for her, but she enjoyed her solitude and her seaside sunrises.

zaf8891
@Julien Hi Julien,
I got the job offer as Engineer and company provided the Visit Visa ( Express Entry) i.e. Valid for 21 days, I also completed the medical to get my work visa done. Still not visited the Police Station for finger print and Patahaka.
As per my Contract if I don't wish to work within 3 months Probation i can resign and go back to my country.
1)In Between I found the suitable job in Oman can I go back to my country and come back to join new employer?
As I am in Probation Period I don't wish to work for this employer, is there any difficulties I face during this transaction. i am new here i need expect advise on this.
2)Still On Probation i need NOC ?
zaf8891

Hi Everyone,

I got the job offer as Engineer and company provided the Visit Visa ( Express Entry) i.e. Valid for 21 days, I also completed the medical to get my work visa done. Still not visited the Police Station for finger print and Patahaka.
As per my Contract if I don't wish to work within 3 months Probation i can resign and go back to my country.
1)In Between I found the suitable job in Oman can I go back to my country and come back to join new employer?
As I am in Probation Period I don't wish to work for this employer, is there any difficulties I face during this transaction. i am new here i need expect advise on this.
2)Still On Probation i need NOC ?
castlebeth
Hi everyone

I am new here please guide me
Cheryl
Hello castlebeth,

Welcome to Expat.com  1f60a.svg
Feel free to tell us how we can help you on the Oman forum.

Do you have some questions that you would like to ask?

What exactly are you looking for here?

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team
MansourNurse

Hello

I'm ready to work in Oman as a nurse.

Thanks

My what's app number-***

Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
Bhavna

Hi everyone, welcome on board !

@ MansourNurse, could you please drop an advert in the Jobs in Oman section of the website ?

Thanks in advance,

Bhavna

paulamargret

@Julien Hi, I'm Paula and I just arrived in Muscat from South Africa..looking for outdoors, camping and book lovers..! 😊

tessaurus

Hello there! I am Vijay kumar from Bangalore, India and on a visit visa looking for a job in Business Development. I am basically an Electrical Engineer with an MBA Marketing. I have worked in Oman 16 years and looking for a suitable placement. Mob: ***

close1234

Hello I am fatsunny from Nigeria I was giving visit to Oman looking for a reasonable job to accomplish in any gas\oil as a Waiter or contractor. U can reach out to me on. ***

Moderated by Cheryl 2 years ago
Reason : Contact details
Cheryl

Hello close1234,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Please note that for security reasons, you should not post your personal contact details on the forum.

I invite you to read the Living in Oman guide for expats. There is an article on Finding work in Oman.

After that, you can also create your CV in the Jobs in Oman section. 1f609.svg

Best of luck,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Pasi love

@Julien hi there, my name is Pasi. New in oman and looking to make  friends

Bhavna

Hello Pasi,

Welcome on board !

New in Oman ! That's great ! what brings you to Oman ? Work ?

Regards,

Bhavna

mohammadba5761

@Cheryl hi dear my husband wants to come to Oman as a truck driver could you help him to find a good job

Your  sincerely

onwukasuleman

@Cheryl hi am in nigeria and a nigerian nationality, I want to come to oman.

How can you help me get a freelance visa.

Cheryl

Hello everyone

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

As you should know, this website is not a recruitment agency so I am unable to find a job for you.

You should create your Cv in the Jobs in Oman section.

Best of luck,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Tonny  kanini

@Julien Hello  am tonny  from Kenya l,I would like an steam boiler operator job or electrician here in muscat

Yoginee

Hello Tony,

Welcome to expat.com!

Kindly note that expat.com is not a job agency. You can post you CV here: Jobs in Oman. It might help you in your job search1f609.svg

If you have not yet read the Living in Oman guide for expats, I invite you to do so.

All the best,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Salman_112233

@navegante1111 it would be great to know more about you. we may start business together thank.        

Salman_112233

@paulamargret Hi, welcome it would be fun camping smile.png

H Mhandu

My name is Henry from Zimbabwe I have been in Muscat for one month now would gladly want to meet up with any Zimbo's for a catch up.

tasaaduqshah

Hi Everyone,

I'm from Pakistan. here in Oman since past few months.

Will be glad to hear if the members and Team Expat.com can give me correct information.         

I have done visa medical recently in Oman, i am on a visit visa. I was positive for HCV by Elisa method, value more than 2.5. They advised me to do PCR test.

As per comments from different members, antibodies will always be present for lifetime in blood.

Please share if someone has clear information about below scenarios.

1- Can i get the work permit if the HCV is ''not detected'' in the PCR test?

2- What will be next step to get work permit if PCR results also show the ''HCV detected''?

Thanks in advance

Closed

Articles to help you in your expat project in Oman

All of Oman's guide articles