New members of the Ukraine forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Hi all,

Newbie on the Ukraine forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Ukraine if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello!
My name is Rosnell, Cuban doctor, single. I would like not only to know his country, but also to exchange professional experiences and offer my knowledge.
regards,
Dr Rosny

Hello DrRosny,

Welcome to Expat.com  :cheers:

Since you are looking for some information, I suggest that you create a new thread on the Ukraine forum in order to be able to ask your questions and why not tell us more about you at the same time.  :)

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team.

Hello My name is Michael.

I'm in  I'm half Ukrainian by blood and have been 3 times. I was actually looking to answer someone's question about how to get to Kiev… fly into Poland in Western Ukraine, it's a ghost town going the other way… Ukraine has suspended all needed  visas to get in due to the war. If your a Ukrainian male 18-60 and enter you will not be allowed to leave. I'm a really young man who met my ex wife in film school who is Ukrainian. The first time I went was when the war started 8 years ago. I was there in an advisory role teaching volunteer battalions urban combat and marksmanship, I was embedded with the Donbas Battalion. I have many family members and friends there. They sent me an airline ticket and it's at the St. George Orthodox Church, I am so torn. Reason bring my cousin was KIA on the 24th of last month. He wasn't a soldier but the equivalent of a JAG lawyer who would find deserters and bring them back to the front line, I guess it finally caught up with him. I cried myself to sleep for 2 weeks straight. When I got the call from the Ukrainian MOD I was  asked back and my answer was I don't want to kill Ukrainian Rebels. Then I was asked what it would take to get me there and I replied RUSSIAN boots on Ukrainian soil, well they've been there for 9 days now… My friends knew I was gearing up to go and they decided to call every one of my family members in the states. Needless to say my phone wouldn't stop ringing. What finally got to me was my 91 year old grandma begging me in tears to promise here I wouldn't go and fight, so I did. Now I've made 2 promises and I'm so torn because I'm a man of my word, I feel helpless. I called my grandmother back after speaking with the MOD again. I assured her I wouldn't return in an advisory role because an advisory role turns into a combat role the moment your shot at. I did however tell her that my soul is being pulled there. I did however remind her that I have a masters Degree in feature film and documentary film with all the gear I need except a blue ballistic vest, helmet and press patches. The world needs to see what's happening their. I also spoke to the MOD about volunteering at an orphanage for children that have lost their parents in the conflict which resonates with my character more which is in the South East of Ukraine. I am contemplating spending at least a month their. I have some really good people behind me who actually have enough connections to place some of these children which regrettably I didn't even think about. I feel helpless at the moment but I know what I must do and it will be done. Thank you all for listening.

SLAVA UKRAINE! UKRAINE SLAVA!
“ Glory to Ukraine! Glory to its heroes! “

Michael

Hello if you truly feel this way feel this way in your soul, please come… fly to Poland “ it's open “ and walk across the border. If they ask you tell them the truth, that your a doctor wanted to save Ukrainian lives. Make your way to a restaurant in Lviv called the Kryivka, tell them your a doctor and tell the owner “ Velyka Laska “ sent you…

Slava Ukraine,

Mando

@Julien GOOD AFTERNOON, I WOULD LIKE TO GO TO UKRAINE TO WORK AND HELP THE COUNTRY IN ANYTHING THAT I CAN HELP AND AS FOR THE WAR I AM WILLING TO JOIN THE UKRAINE ARMY AND HELP DEFEND UKRAINE AS IF IT WERE THE COUNTRY WHERE I was born

Hello and welcome to Expat.com @JOSE CABARCAS. We kindly request you not to post on threads using capital letters.

As a new member, we suggest that you go through the Code of Conduct to improve your interactions on Expat.com

Djameel
Expat.com Team
Just joined a couple of days ago. While I do not have a college or university degree, I have done some general labour work. Had some relatives of my grandfathers' grandfather living in the Nikoleayev region. Not sure when they moved out (I suspect during or just after WW2) and my relatives are saying that my grandmothers' father was from Ukraine, but no paperwork to show from what village or town. Hoping there might be relatives still living in the western portion of Ukraine.
     Those that were related to my grandfather were of German background and because of what was going on during the 1930's and WW2 I can understand that they may have all moved out. I am in touch with a descendant of that part of the family.
     But as for my grandmother, not much is known. I have one document that the person I knew as my grandfather claiming to be the father to my aunt and that her mother (my grandmother) was Ukrainian. My aunts also claim Ukrainian background for my grandmother. All I knew was that she was born (1904) in Kropiwki Poland to Nikon Wieczorek and Magdalen Krupka (both born 1865). Would be interesting if there might be relatives still living in Western Ukraine that have the same last name of my great grandfather. I do have some documentation that suggest Greek Orthodox, but as for church records from the Kropiwki area can not be located and presumed destroyed.

Good morning, I'm Geovanny. I'm talking about Guatemala. I want to be a young entrepreneur, but I need products to bring to my country and sell. I'm interested. I appreciate your support. I'm waiting.

Hello Geovanny Santos,

Welcome to Expat.com1f603.svg

How exactly can we help you on this forum?

Can you please give more details?

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team

@Julien Hello All,

I am American currently living in USA. I am married to a Ukrainian.

Nice to be meeting all of you and sharing information.

Nick

Hello Nick,

Welcome to expat.com!

Do you plan to come to Ukraine?

If you have any question, feel free to start a new discussion on the Ukraine forum1f609.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Julien thanks 😊 well my name is Precious and I will be using expat to translate all my student documentation to help them apply for visa

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1013161

Thanks!

Closed