Septic tank system

Anyone do new sewage piping and dig pit in garden?? I am in Ivansky and looking for general costs. I have a quote of 2500 Lev which I think is on high side as it's just the standard hole and brickwork and not too far from main house. Any help appreciated. Lorraine

Hello lorraineburgess,

Welcome to Expat.com  :cheers:

Since you are new and this is your first message, I suggest that you always start a conversation by greeting the other members of the forum.

I hope that someone will be able to assist you, meanwhile I invite you to read BULGARIA FORUM CODE OF CONDUCT.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team

hi just seen this did you sort it out ok and yes this is expensive where are you as were near Varna and possibly can assist with any building matters we are english and have 25 years in the building trade
kind regards paul

Hi I agree with you that is expensive. We have recently paid a bit more for diggers4you to install a tank and drainage system

All the best

Thank you for.replies. it's been done using local men at half the original quote!!!

@Suzette.jones Hi Suzette, can you share the contact info for the installers. I am in Obedinenie and I am looking for someone to install a septic tank with drainage field.

@Ozzy183a

That's interesting to know.

We are just looking to buy a renovation project. But about an hour south of Ruse,

It's going to need a lot of work. 

Are there any particular regulations regarding septic tanks in Bulgaria?

France has tightened up a lot in the past 10 to 15 years and some older septic systems are no longer conforming.

Micro systems are becoming very popular, because they process the waste internally, therefore they dont need a sand filter.

Does anyone know if this kind of system is available in Bulgaria?

I think this guy supplies and installs them, if the "Vortex" system he has a page for is the same thing. But he doesn't mention a price: http://www.sewagesolutionsbg.co.uk/ (Also, other prices on his site are a bit out of date, 2021 prices)

@grumpyoldbird

I think this guy supplies and installs them, if the "Vortex" system he has a page for is the same thing. But he doesn't mention a price: http://www.sewagesolutionsbg.co.uk/ (Also, other prices on his site are a bit out of date, 2021 prices)

The regulations should be the same for Bulgaria as the rest of the EU, but I suspect in most villages unless the existing system is causing a problem, the regulations are unlikely be enforced.

Yeah, $2500 Lev sounds kinda high for the basics. It could be because of materials or labor costs in Ivansky. Have you reached out to other contractors around to compare prices?

She did! It's mentioned further up the thread that she had it done for half that price!

@Jana Hristova

Hi jane, apologies for changing the topic. But we are looking to rent in Obedinenie where you live. Can you tell me are there any facilities nearby? We are looking to buy but want to have a good look around.

Thank you Michele

Michele, you might find it helpful to post a separate post and put Obedinenie in the title. There are quite a few forum members with houses in nearby villages who might be able to respond.

You may also find some of the Facebook groups for that area useful.

Estate agents probably won't have village houses available to rent, but there are several guest houses in the area who will give a discount for a longer stay or you may find someone willing to rent out their own house.