D7 Visa Refusal

Deal All

I applied for D7 Visa in November 2021 and got the Approval and after that i am not able to travel for Some reason.

And i apply again in May 2022 and this time i got refusal letter from Embassy "Does not prove sufficient financial means

As i have funds in Portugal Bank Bank account for the family of 4 (2 Kids, Husband & Wife) which is 20K Euro. Also i show them Passive income for Rent, Saving certificates, Lease Agreement in Portugal for 1 year registered. But i don't know why they refuse with this reason.  ANY SUGGESTION

Strange! What was the problem with the first application? And regarding the second application: Was there a change in financial requirements?

Hello everyone,

@Farhan Younis, feel free to tell us more about your situation by providing more details as members like nz7521137 would like to understand what happened to help you.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@nz7521137

No Idea.

There is no problem in first application. But i am not able to travel due to kids Exams. As our SEF Appointment is in April, 2022. So we are not able to travel.

Then we apply again with new applications. All the requirement like (Portuguese Bank Account, NIF, Lease Contract 1 Year) all we have. Even the Fund as per their website require is

705 x 12 = 8,460 (Main Applicant)

50 % 0f Spouse (4,260)

30% of Each Child below 16 years  which is 2,538 each child.

So total is 8,460 + 4,260 + 2,538 + 2,538 = 17,796 Euro

Every Thing are same. But i don't know why they refuse our applications.

NEED SUGGESTION ON THIS. WHAT TO DO. DO I APPEAL????

There could be there is confusion caused because you used one set of information for the first application and the same set of information for the second application. BUT the only people who can answer are the visa people who processed the application and rejected it so you'll have to get hold of them for a better explanation.

@Strontium

Thanks for your reply.

@nz7521137

705 x 12 = 8,460 (Main Applicant)
50 % 0f Spouse (4,260)
30% of Each Child below 16 years which is 2,538 each child.
So total is 8,460 + 4,260 + 2,538 + 2,538 = 17,796 Euro

-@Farhan Younis

Are the above the minimum EUR values required and are the 12 months vaild? Portuguese annual salaries are usually paid in 14 installments per year.

Living in Portugal for a number of years, I would suggest that for a family of four, the total amount stated above is not sufficient even if you own your own apartment or house. At the moment the Portuguese state is undertaking to convince US citizens to consider moving to Portugal. The events in the USA are usually taking place in 5 star hotels and are directed at the upper middleclass. So possibly your application doesn't fall in line with the current immigration plans.

However, the reason for the rejection can only be explained by the rejecting party. Best of luck in this quest.

@nz7521137

i Agreed but in their website the requirement are this which i fulfil. Source is

(https://vistos.mne.gov.pt/en/national-v … ubsistence)

Means of subsistence

A mandatory requirement for the lodging of a long-term stay visa application is providing proof that the applicant has sufficient means of subsistence to live in Portugal, or that he will be able to aquire such means upon arrival.

The criteria to determine means of subsistence is based on the minimum monthly salary - currently in 2022 - amounting to 705€, net of any social security deductions, with a per capita increase for each family unit as follows:

First adult 100%;

Second adult and additional adults 50%;

Children and young people under 18 years of age and non-minor dependent children 30%.

Depending on the purpose and duration of the stay, the following documents should be included:

The criteria to determine means of subsistence is based on the minimum monthly salary - currently in 2022 - amounting to 705€, net of any social security deductions, with a per capita increase for each family unit as follows:

-@Farhan Younis

Here might be the problem. In Portugal the monthly salary is paid 14 (!) times. So if you only multiplied by 12 then this might be considered too low on an annual basis. Maybe you should have overall provided proof of your real income (just a thought), which might be several times the minimum.

@nz7521137

if its is 705 x 14 = 9,870 for main applicant

4935 is for dependent

2 x 2961 for 2 Childs

so total is 20,727 Euro and in my account balance is 20458 Euro.

Its not make sense for refusal.

@Farhan Younis Than I also don't know. Better talk to the person that did refuse.

The initial D7  visa approval qualifies you to stay in Portugal for 2 years, which means SEF wants to see your financial stability for 2 years. The amount you showed them was barely enough for only 1 year. They also consider your age. The younger you are, the more you need to show income stability for your future years. Rental income would last for how long? The savings certificate for how much of the amount? They will consider all those aspects. On top of it, it is peculiar you were approved in the first application, then you applied again within one year. If I were a SEF agent, I would be curious about your reasons. Your saying " and after that i am not able to travel for Some reason", does not explain anything. Is it due to your personal reasons or there was a problem with visa approval? Either way, you must clarify the issues with SEF.

In this same topic, how responsive (timelines) has Portugal been in applications? That is, do they respond promptly or give an idea of timing for the processing? 

Thanks!

Jeffry Van Slycke

I doubt you would ever get a response from SEF.  I would suggest do your homework and research and get a solid immigration attorney. There are several groups on Facebook in PT that provide recommendations. Check them out. Get references for any attorney who might wish to use. Watch out for price gouging. Best of luck!

While it may seem strange that you were accepted on your first application and not your second, this can happen merely by the fact that different people may have made the determination. Also, you said, “refusal letter from Embassy ‘Does not prove sufficient financial means'”.  Proof of financial means is not limited to bank account deposit, but your continuing income stream.  I suggest you objectively review the difference in your two applications,  and beef up your solid proof of income stream and improve your income situation.  Then, I would check the rules for any appeal process and, if none, I would send a very very polite, non-argumentative,  informative letter, by certified mail, return receipt requested, with any clarifications and improvements (not just words, but proof) seeking an appeal/review of the denial. Remember that they may no longer have in their files your application, so this approach would need to include your rejected application as well as a copy of their reply.  Anything that makes it easier for the recipient is better for you. If that doesn't work, hire an attorney, who specializes in D7 applications.  Best of luck.

@Cheryl

Hi , I also applied for D7 last month 17th but my father passed away so I reverse my passport to travail my home country on urgent basis . They gave me passport but same day they rejected my application stating that proposal not meeting requirements.

i hv Portugal bank account around 22200 euro and I applied alone there and other saving and property papers in UAE .

so can anyone suggest I can apply again and how much chances .

sandeep

Hi!

I submitted my first application  for D7 on 25 March 2022 thereafter  three month later  got a rejection stating to submit the rental agreement for one year contract, accordingly as required we did so and resubmitted only the required docuement (i.e.) the one year lease contract on 8 June 2022.  Nearly 5 months we had not heard from the Emabassy, it was only on 3rd Nov that we got another rejection stated one point (Outro(s) Motivo(s):

we do not understand what is the reason for this time rejection.

can anyone suggest what could be the reason for this?

Marian 

@Cheryl Hi , I also applied for D7 last month 17th but my father passed away so I reverse my passport to travail my home country on urgent basis . They gave me passport but same day they rejected my application stating that proposal not meeting requirements.

i hv Portugal bank account around 22200 euro and I applied alone there and other saving and property papers in UAE .

so can anyone suggest I can apply again and how much chances .

sandeep

Hi Sandeep,

There are several requirements to be met. Bank account / evidence of financial means is just one of them.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 42#5077438

(Post #7,....)

@front point

Hi

My visa too got rejected without any specific reason which I could consider submitting. However I appealed and it's going to be 6 months that I have still not received reply. Wondering if I should cancel appeal and reapply?

@Farhan Younis

Yes the embassy recently requires the amount of funds requirements deposit in a bank account for 2 years not 1 year. So that amount must be doubled to be eligible for D7 visa.

Good lucks

Hi, I am just about to start the process for the D7 Visa, and I'm a little confused.  Everything points towards have a passive income, which for us will be coming from a private pension €17k per year for 2 adults.  Nowhere can I see that having funds in the bank is a necessity.  Are we required to show funds of €34k (2 years) in the bank as well as proof of income.  We already own a property, have nifs, and bank accounts, tax advisor, lawyer etc.  Our lawyer has looked at the requirements and she thinks it's either / or and not both.  Any advice would be most welcome

Hi Shelly, Welcome.

The amount of money in the bank is only relevant if the visa applicant does not have a regular source of income, such as a monthly pension. In your case, your pensions are above the minimum amounts required, so this is should not be an issue.

(D7 visa & others) - Minimum Resources

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 42#5517013

(Post #32)

First adult (applicant):

100% of the current minimum wage (760€) = 9,120 €/year;

Second adult (spouse or partner):

50% of the current minimum wage (380€) = 4,560€/year;

Dependant children and young people under 18:

30% of the current minimum wage (228€) = 2,736€/year.

Best Regards

@Tom

It's been 9 months now and still there has been no reply from SEF or the Embassy on my appeal.

Appeal has been filed via gulf embassy.

Has anyone faced similar situation?

@JohnnyPT Thank you for that, it's put my mind at rest.  Now the next hurdle is booking the actual appt. at VSF Manchester.  Have been trying since December and there are still no slots available, but I'm not giving up.

@Shelly,

You are not the only one...

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 92#5605403

Yesterday i am submitted my d7 visa application through VFS.

Police clearance certificate without MOFA attestation submitted, In this reason any chance of visa rejection without MOFA attestation?

Most likely yes...

https://abudhabi.embaixadaportugal.mne. … -documents

@JohnnyPT Now I have the Police Clearance Letter with MOFA attested. Is it possible for me to resubmit my Police Clearance Certificate with MOFA attestation?

My D7 Visa rejection appeal is still pending for last 9 months. Is it normal for Portugal authorities to delay appeal decision for so long?

@studenttadrees visas approvals are taking too long, so appeals can take much longer and are not a priority.

That is terrible. There is a huge backlog and I have been told although I am sure my D7 will be approved it it could be up to nine months to get through the process.

without knowing why they refused you no matter the outcome I think it will take a long time to hear back unfortunately. Hope it is positive.

@Farhan Younis can u tell me details how did u do this process . Or plz share ur visa type

@Ash Usman

What details you need sir. For Visa application or for Appeal?

@Farhan Younis for visa application..I am just beginner... Will start from zero..

@Ash Usman

From where you want to apply sir. So i can explain you accordingly

Hi @Ash and @Farhan,

Please use private message system.

Anyone applied for D7 Visa in Abu Dhabi the past few months and can give feedback on processing times and the like? Thanks, Priji

@prijinayana

Can you please guide me on how much the processing time and the requirements you submitted

@Farhan Younis Assalam-o-Alaikum! Can you tell me some details about the D7 Visa, like how did you apply for a 12 months rental agreement, and how you transferred the amount in Portuguese Bank Account?