Dating apps/websites in Cape Verde

Hello!

I am a Dutch woman (hetero) and my best friend (gay) have already visited Cape Verde twice for holidays.

We really fell in love with this country and are now making longer visas to stay longer (we work from home in IT).

When we were on vacation, there is so much to do here, so apart from visiting the sights, we did not have much time.

Now that we will be living there for about 6-7 months, we would like to meet the local men.

Last time I tried Tinder and my friend Grindr. Although I had many matches, many simply did not answer me. A friend's situation is even worse: there were almost no profiles (we were in Praia). We both speak acceptable Portuguese, 27 and 29 year old, not ugly :)

So I believe some other dating apps or sites are being used in Cape Verde.

Therefore, I will be grateful if you write names or links of these websites/apps.

Thanks in advance!

Hello!
I am a Dutch woman (hetero) and my best friend (gay) have already visited Cape Verde twice for holidays.

We really fell in love with this country and are now making longer visas to stay longer (we work from home in IT).

When we were on vacation, there is so much to do here, so apart from visiting the sights, we did not have much time.

Now that we will be living there for about 6-7 months, we would like to meet the local men.

Last time I tried Tinder and my friend Grindr. Although I had many matches, many simply did not answer me. A friend's situation is even worse: there were almost no profiles (we were in Praia). We both speak acceptable Portuguese, 27 and 29 year old, not ugly smile.png

Therefore, I will be grateful if you write names or links of these websites/apps.

Thanks in advance!
-@Mia0210

Hi Mia,

Most Capeverdeans, with the exception of those looking for foreigners to marry/take care of them financially, don't use traditional dating sites. It's simply not a thing.

If you want to meet local men, just go to a club, the square, the beach, etc.

Most Capeverdeans use Facebook for the majority of their social interactions. So just look through the profiles and leave a friend request. The men will definitely respond.

Regards,

Angelo

Hello!

Last time I tried Tinder and my friend Grindr. Although I had many matches, many simply did not answer me. A friend's situation is even worse: there were almost no profiles (we were in Praia). We both speak acceptable Portuguese, 27 and 29 year old, not ugly smile.png

Thanks in advance!
-@Mia0210
Hi Mia,

Most Capeverdeans, with the exception of those looking for foreigners to marry/take care of them financially, don't use traditional dating sites. It's simply not a thing.

Most Capeverdeans use Facebook for the majority of their social interactions. So just look through the profiles and leave a friend request. The men will definitely respond.

Regards,

Angelo
-@CVAngelo

Thanks a lot!

For me it would be better to meet in real life. But what about my friend? Are there any tips?

Hello!

Thanks in advance!
-@Mia0210
Hi Mia,

Regards,

Angelo
-@CVAngelo

Thanks a lot!

For me it would be better to meet in real life. But what about my friend? Are there any tips?
-@Mia0210

I was commenting for the both of you. You simply have to come and personally connect with people, or scan some Facebook profiles. There are a lot of gay people in Cape Verde. And there are no hangups about sexual orientation.

Around Carnival, your friend can meet lots of other gay men because there is a Carnival group in Praia of only gay people, so your friend can meet many of them.

Send me a private message and I'll send some contacts for your friend.

Angelo