Question for expats

Hi,
Wondering if any ex pats can help with this, I'm due to visit Cape Verde on holiday soon, I use CBD oil which is a cannabis derivative but has none of the psychoactive properties.
It is completely legal in the UK but can't find out if it will be ok to bring it with me.
I've contacted the CV/ Belgium Embassy, no response.
I've phoned but couldn't make myself understood.
I've contacted the foreign office/ consulate they suggested hiring a translator to ring, but I've no idea what language the Belgium Embassy speak and it'd cost a fortune
I've even emailed a lawyer based in CV, he doesn't know either!

Can anyone help?
Thanks

Hai Beverly,

If you bring CBD oil into Cape Verde for medicinal purposes, you should walk with a prescription otherwise it may be confiscated by customs if they find it. However, most foreigners are not searched when entering the country.

But to be on the safe side walk with a prescription or bring it in the for, that is applied externally rather than ingested, as any marijuana products or derivatives are considered illegal in CV. Marijuana possession is still a major drug crime here. It is very backward.

Hope this helps, and enjoy your vacation.

Angelo

Beverley66 wrote:

Hi,
Wondering if any ex pats can help with this, I'm due to visit Cape Verde on holiday soon, I use CBD oil which is a cannabis derivative but has none of the psychoactive properties.
It is completely legal in the UK but can't find out if it will be ok to bring it with me.
I've contacted the CV/ Belgium Embassy, no response.
I've phoned but couldn't make myself understood.
I've contacted the foreign office/ consulate they suggested hiring a translator to ring, but I've no idea what language the Belgium Embassy speak and it'd cost a fortune
I've even emailed a lawyer based in CV, he doesn't know either!

Can anyone help?
Thanks

Hi Angelo,

Thanks for your response, I have already been on my holiday now and decided not to take my CBD as I don't have a prescription for it, as in the UK it's classed as a food supplement.

I didn't get searched at customs as you suggest, but dare not take the chance.

Thank you very  much for your reply though

Bev

So how was your holiday then?

Did you observe any business opportunities? Most of the small businesses in Sal were started by vacationers like yourself who returned to invest in something they felt was badly needed in Sal.

Regards,

Angelo

Beverley66 wrote:

Hi Angelo,

Thanks for your response, I have already been on my holiday now and decided not to take my CBD as I don't have a prescription for it, as in the UK it's classed as a food supplement.

I didn't get searched at customs as you suggest, but dare not take the chance.

Thank you very  much for your reply though

Bev