Giving Birth in Argentina

Hello, looking to hear from anyone who has done it. What hospitals would one recommend in BsAs and any particular doctors? What are the approximate costs?

Also, are there any other hospitals/cities someone would recommend besides BsAs? In particular the northwest of the country? Thanks

@HopefulExpat2 I can't help you with BsAs or the NW part of the country. If you have interest in Cordoba (central Argentina), let me know and I'll see what I can do to help you out. The one thing that I CAN tell you is that healthcare costs in Argentina are MUCH lower than in the U.S. and the care in most private hospitals for general care like a delivery is EXCELLENT and much more personal.

I did a little bit of research and maybe this will help....

https://clinica-web.com.ar/maternidades … a-tu-bebe/

Hello Sam Davis..or anyone else who can help.

Can you advise how much per month someone 60.to 70 would pay for private health insurance in Argentina? Or direct me to specific health insurance company sites,?

I am.particularily interested in clinics etc. In the Mendoza area.

Also   is there a schedule some where of out of pocket costs for medical services and prescripción drugs.?

Thanks for any help provided

@nico peligro A LOT less than in the U.S. This page can provide you with much more thorough and specific information than I could provide you in a post here....

https://www.miobrasocial.com.ar/blog/pr … -aumentos/

@samwdavis Thanks Sam, You are one of the few people who are responding on the Argentinian forum .

I copied th link

With the "Blue" convesion rate , the fees seem to be as good as or better than in Colombia.

I dont know how they are for someone 65 Plus and whether they will take someone on new at that age.

The Colombian prepagadas wont, and I am vested 11 years in a fairly good prepagada system here. However prices keep going up as you get older.

I guess I could pay "out of pocket" and go back to Canada if I got really sick, but in reality, the Canadian health care system is collapsing. I guess I could always go for MAID... LOL. Thank God I am good health up to this point.

The big issue in Colombia is the visa system here is becoming a real porquería

@nico peligro There is also an extensive public hospital system here, but there is often a wait for a bed even in serious/urgent cases and they are in terrible shape and often short on supplies. I'm not sure if they accept foreigners. Most treatment by private hospitals is VERY good quality with great care and very good doctors at a price that is so cheap, you wouldn't believe it. There was a time that I considered not carrying any medical insurance and just insuring myself by paying whatever happened out of pocket.

Thanks Sam

Do you have any information on the visa process in Argentina?

I.e. how easy is it to get a 1 to 3 year resident visa? Paperwork required?

Any links to government sites I coud study and agents/ lawyers who would charge reasonable (non gringo) prices?

I am not interested in becoming a citizen or permanet resident, just a 1 to 5 year temporary or migrant visa I would renew after it expires.

i am actually interested in Mendoza area at this time.

Also, if there  are any other forums that are more active in this regard than this one, can you PM me, (as the Mods wont let you publish links to other forums on here)

Thanks for any help you can provide.

@nico peligro Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of personal knowledge of the visa process. I know that there are some that get the tourist visa for 90 days and just ensure that they cross the border and come back in every 90 days to keep the temporary visa active. From Mendoza.... that could be a challenge during the winter months. I've travelled to Chile a LOT by plane, but I only tried one time by car. I got within a few kilometers during the winter months and turned back. The Andes can be somewhat intimidating. haha.

So you mean they let you stay more than 180 days a year if you cross back and forth?

That seems odd, as most countries have a 180 day a calender limit for people without a visa.

I've never heard of the 180 days p/yr limit. Maybe that's something that's changed over the years.

@samwdavis please do not recommend the visa runs. Decree 616/2010 says is an abuse of the entry stamp allowing immigration agents to reject you at the border. Also, the visa runs in military law is the clue that you are a spy. This is why the Director of Immigration made an scandal with the Russian pregnant women and arrested them before I won the habeas corpus. So, in war times is not wise to behave as a spy. Did you know how the visa runs were invented? After the emancipation os slaves in the US there were States that were not friendly with libertos so they request them to do the visa runs in order to avoid them to become domicilied inhabitantes (second class citizenship paperless without political rights). The same happends in Argentina because we still have in force the inhabitant status. If you overstay you do not become an ilegal (slave) neither an irregular (fugitive running slave) instead you become an inhabitant with full civil rights. By 1860 Argentina, Russia and the US had the same laws because they were competing for immigrant for colonization purposes. Rusia got the 50 million immigrants they were looking for by 1905, the US by 1926, and Argentina is still missing 50 million immigrants.

Hello, looking to hear from anyone who has done it. What hospitals would one recommend in BsAs and any particular doctors? What are the approximate costs?
Also, are there any other hospitals/cities someone would recommend besides BsAs? In particular the northwest of the country? Thanks
-@HopefulExpat2

If you are looking for AR citizenship I suggest you give birth at CABA at a private hospital like Hospital Aleman or Suizo Argentina. They are the 2 top. Judges are better in this city, and Cordoba´s are the worst.

@samwdavis Thank you. I am sorry that I am late. I appreciate you responding and would like some more info if you have it. thanks

@HopefulExpat2

I have lived in Cordoba as a US expat for almost 20 years and have extensive contacts in the health care industry. I'm not sure what post you're responding to because I have made multiple posts in this thread. I would like to help you, but I'm not sure quite how to do so. The quality of health care in general is relatively quite good in Argentina compared to the US, especially relative to how the doctors are well-educated and take a personal interest in their patients.  If you need something that requires bleeding-edge technology, it might not be available here. But cost.... OH PLEASE... there is not comparison. Please get more specific, and I will try to help you.

@rubilar_abogados Just curious, what cities across Argentina have better judges when it comes to obtaining AR citizenship via birth of a child?