I want to move to Samos - questions

Hi. 🌸

I want to retire in Samos in a few years. I choosed Samos because of the weather, size & population, and the fact that it is not filled with tourists. Does anyone have a better idea of where to settle down that is simular or better than Samos? Pros and cons?  I also want to rent an appartment with one bedroom in a city - what is the cost pr. month?

Ps: I am 40 years and from Norway.

Hello C.nesse,

Welcome to expat.com!

Kindly note that I have slightly altered your post for a better fit1f609.svg

I hope that you will be able to find some answers soon1f609.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@C.nesse hi I am Irish and I am selling my stone cottage on Thassos. There are direct flights with Finnair to Kavala and only a 6 mile ferry boat ride to the island. This is a great convenience compared to Samos. Thassos is an undiscovered gem. The house is full of hand crafted features in white marble and stone. Outdoor spa bath area and three botanical garden baths. Fruit and walnut trees. Also selling my off grid artist studio only 5 minute walk from the house. 130K for the house and 50L for the studio, if you have what's app I can send loads of photos. My number is ***

I can't attach photos on this

thanks

catherine

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Can't attach photos

Hello Catherine,

Please note that contact details should not be posted on the open forum. You can send your personal contact details to a member by clicking on his photo, you will see the option "send a message"

Also, adverts should be posted in the Housing in Greece section  where you can add photos.

Thank you

Bhavna

Hi C.nesse,

I think it's a good idea, I have a similar plan. You can search on Homegreekhome or XE property, both available in english too.

My plan is to buy a small house and spend 5 months on Samos after retiring next year.