Moving to Northern Cyprus and gaining employment

Dear Sirs,

I am looking into the possibility of eventually moving to Northern Cyprus and buying a property the only thing that bothers me is that I still need to work.  My current role is as Personal Assistant to a Senior Director at a firm of chartered accountants.  I have gained a considerable amount of experience in the following fields, estate Agency, insurance, construction, solicitors.  My only concern is I am in my mid 50's and would want to know if this would be a problem. 

Any information you may have would be welcome and I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Tracey Llewellyn

@llewellynte Depends very much on what money you need to receive for the job. You are almost certainly better establishing an online role that you can do from home. Maybe sort out such a role before you move over.

Salaries are extremely low in TRNC. You will not get a role that requires your high skill set.

There are jobs of a more simply nature that often use foreigners but more and more it is Russian, more than  or as much as English, which is more of a USP for front of house roles.

@llewellynte

Hi Tracey.

One of your better options is estate agents for the British looking at buying a property over here showing them around etc.  Do you know anything about TRNC?, lot of issues over here with residency and visas.

Phil

@habergham

I have just completed my 2 year residency on line and my police appointment isn't until December 28th, this means that I cannot leave the TRNC until after the 28th unless I pay or some could say bribe someone to get me a police interview in 2 weeks time.  At times in the TRNC you are seen has a cash cow.

Many thanks for your replies.  Do you think it would be a good idea to maybe approach individual Estate Agents to see if they are actively recruiting?  Perhaps send them a copy of a resume, what to you think?

Any advice would be welcome

Kind regards

Tracey

Another thought is that if I purchased a property for holiday and rented it out until such time that I could live there on a longer-term basis, would that be a possibility or is there some kind of process you have to go through in order to do this as I would imagine you would have to pay some sort of tax if you are renting out the property at certain times?

Many thanks

Tracey